Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Candy Candy Genderbent Part 2: The Girls by Sharp Glimpse

Based on Click to view
Artist Sharp Glimpse [gallery]
Time spent 1 day, 7 hours
Drawing sessions 9
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Candy Candy Genderbent Part 2: The Girls

Postby Sharp Glimpse » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:33 am

Check out Candy Candy Genderbent Part 1: The Boys

And here's part 2 of the vintage anime/manga Candy Candy genderbent, with the primary male characters as girls. I think they turned out better than part 1, but it sure took a lot longer, even though the timer's off. From left to right:

Arabella "Belle" Cornwell (originally Archibald "Archie" Cornwell) - A bit of a prankster, Arabella doesn't like to get her hands dirty, having somewhat elegant and refined tastes. She is Alice's younger sister. (I drew her with blond hair as Archie is in the manga, though I'm well aware that in part 1 I drew Andre with black hair as Annie is in the anime. Just personal taste).
Love interests: Cookie, Andre

Alice Cornwell (originally Alistair "Stear" Cornwell) - An optimist and comedian (even when she's not trying to be one), Alice does her best to make those around her smile with help from her wacky crafts and inventions. She is the older sister to Arabella.
Love interests: Cookie, Pat

Teresa "Terri" G. Grandchester (originally Terrence "Terry" G. Grandchester) - The fierce and beautiful rebel, everyone knows and awes Teresa, daughter of the Duchess of Grandchester. Nevertheless, few actually know of her dreams and inner struggles. (Man, when I first drew her, she looked waaaaaay too much like Terrence, so I tried putting makeup on her and everything to make her look as feminine as possible, but I can't get Terry out of my head.)
Love interests: Cookie, Stephan

Alberta (originally Albert) - Few know much about the mysterious Alberta, being simply a benevolent wandering stranger with a heart for nature and animals. (To avoid spoilers, I didn't put her real name.)
Love interest: Cookie

Danielle Leagan (originally Neil Leagan) - Charming and devilish, Danielle is the older sister to Eli Leagan. A flirt and a bully with a grandiose sense of self, like her brother, she has it out for Cookie. Augh, I should have named her Nellie....

Antoinette Brown Adley (originally Anthony Brown Adley) - Loved by all, Antoinette has a gentle, sweet demeanor with a passion for flowers and gardening. But once in a while, her fiery, fearless spirit emerges.... (I only realized afterward that the design of her dress rather resembles Violet Evergarden. Oh well.)
Sharp Glimpse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me