Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Candy Candy Genderbent Part 1: The Boys by Sharp Glimpse

Artist Sharp Glimpse [gallery]
Time spent 17 hours, 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Candy Candy Genderbent Part 1: The Boys

Postby Sharp Glimpse » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:29 pm

Check out Candy Candy Genderbent Part 2: The Girls

Here we go - a genderbending of the 70's anime Candy Candy part 1: the primary female characters as boys. They still look pretty girly, but I did the best I could. Timer is way off. From left to right:

Elijah "Eli" Leagan (originally Eliza Leagan) - The highly competitive, conceited younger brother to Danielle Leagan, subject to ceaseless war with Cookie. He is the popular, high-and-mighty one wherever he goes. Everyone must fear and adore him, otherwise they'll most certainly regret it.
Love interests: Antoinette, Teresa

Christopher "Cookie" White Adley (originally Candace "Candy" White Adley) - Upbeat, fun-loving, and mischievous, Cookie shines a light wherever he goes. While he's made many enemies, he has many true, supportive friends as well. And quite a few girls have crushes on him. (Yes, I am aware that there's already a character named Cookie, but since we're genderbending, he can now be Candy. I considered going with Andy, but it just doesn't have the same charm as Cookie.)
Love interests: Antoinette, Teresa, Alberta

Andre Brighton (originally Annie Brighton) - Cookie's childhood friend, Andre is soft-spoken, secretive, and prefers not to be the center of attention. However, every now and then he will speak up, especially when it has to do with Arabella Cornwell. (Not a fan of his hair, but I just imagined him as Haku from Spirited Away. Maybe the name Andrew would have worked better since this is located in America, but I like the name Andre better.)
Love interest: Arabella

Patrick "Pat" O'Brien (originally Patricia "Patty" O'Brien) - This good-natured little smartie is a good friend to Cookie and always tries to fit in. Quiet, creative, with a variety of talents of hobbies, Pat is a friendly and pleasant person to be around.
Love interest: Alice

Stephan Marlowe (originally Susanna Marlowe) - The dashing, handsome actor. He cares deeply for the well-being of his beloved Teresa, and would put his life down for her sake. (His outfit is heavily based off of Terry's. I searched high and low for a suitable male version to the name Susanna, but this was the best I got.)
Love interest: Teresa

So I guess next I will do the guys - er - girls.
Last edited by Sharp Glimpse on Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharp Glimpse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Candy Candy Genderbent Part 1

Postby UnicornTamer » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:09 pm

I love this! COOKIE. Genius.
UnicornTamer