help? by fuyunofabuki

Based on Click to view
Artist fuyunofabuki [gallery]
Time spent 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

help?

Postby fuyunofabuki » Wed May 27, 2020 10:00 am

Can someone make sure Im doing this right before i continue?

trying to achieve a grape/rootbeer soda bottle caps candy flavor but I dont know how I am doing any advice would be lovely before i attept my line art edit one >.< i am so awful at these i do better at the ones for your ocs rather then adopt artist searches
β”€π˜πŽπ”β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β˜…β”€
β–ΊFuyunofabuki, bday: Feb 12th, see
my cs insta for my upcoming events
- share your chicken smoothie goals
─ event place holder ────────Image
fuyunofabuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: help?

Postby CloudedDiamond » Wed May 27, 2020 10:35 am

Hey! I'm not staff for this adopt, but I can give you some design tips for future entries!

1) It looks like this adopt has mostly medium designs, meaning they'd be a bit hard to replicate for others but not hard enough that's it isn't impossible. It also has some simpler ones too, but not as simple as your entry was. Maybe making slightly more complicated entries would be nice? I'm not saying go outside your comfort zone, but maybe add more variety or patterns to the designs you do. Solid purples or browns or any color doesn't always look nice, but it also does depend on the design. Monochrome designs can look good though if you can figure it out!

2) I looked at your gallery, and I saw most of your designs were purple. My advice would be to branch out and use a range of colors in every design. Here's a few of my designs that I did which have a variety of colors:
Here's a couple of my monochrome/monochrome-like ones too:

3) What I'd recommend doing for first-time oekaki users or oekaki designers is to find a good few free to use bases in the editable oekaki forum and do practice designs there while asking for critique. It's good to practice on multiple bases so that you can see what sorts of bases fit your style. I know that if a base has one part that throws the design off, I typically find it harder to do the rest of the design well. Remember that practice makes perfect! Here's a few bases I'd recommend:

4) Practice, Practice, Practice! I cannot stress this enough that practicing doing designs on bases is going to be the #1 way to make better artist search entries. I also find it helpful to look at the current artists for the species and see what designs they have done in the species. It'll make it easier to know what sort of design skill level the owner of the species is looking for! Also, don't enter artist search entries for fun. Join the species for a few months first, make sure you know that if you are ever hired, that you can put time and effort into every adopt you'll make.

I hope this helped a little bit. If you ever have any more questions, feel free to message me. My designs aren't the best, but I'm sure I can probably help a little bit?
CloudedDiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: help?

Postby fuyunofabuki » Wed May 27, 2020 1:15 pm

DiamondDogg Caverns wrote:Hey! I'm not staff for this adopt, but I can give you some design tips for future entries!

1) It looks like this adopt has mostly medium designs, meaning they'd be a bit hard to replicate for others but not hard enough that's it isn't impossible. It also has some simpler ones too, but not as simple as your entry was. Maybe making slightly more complicated entries would be nice? I'm not saying go outside your comfort zone, but maybe add more variety or patterns to the designs you do. Solid purples or browns or any color doesn't always look nice, but it also does depend on the design. Monochrome designs can look good though if you can figure it out!

2) I looked at your gallery, and I saw most of your designs were purple. My advice would be to branch out and use a range of colors in every design. Here's a few of my designs that I did which have a variety of colors:
Here's a couple of my monochrome/monochrome-like ones too:

3) What I'd recommend doing for first-time oekaki users or oekaki designers is to find a good few free to use bases in the editable oekaki forum and do practice designs there while asking for critique. It's good to practice on multiple bases so that you can see what sorts of bases fit your style. I know that if a base has one part that throws the design off, I typically find it harder to do the rest of the design well. Remember that practice makes perfect! Here's a few bases I'd recommend:

4) Practice, Practice, Practice! I cannot stress this enough that practicing doing designs on bases is going to be the #1 way to make better artist search entries. I also find it helpful to look at the current artists for the species and see what designs they have done in the species. It'll make it easier to know what sort of design skill level the owner of the species is looking for! Also, don't enter artist search entries for fun. Join the species for a few months first, make sure you know that if you are ever hired, that you can put time and effort into every adopt you'll make.

I hope this helped a little bit. If you ever have any more questions, feel free to message me. My designs aren't the best, but I'm sure I can probably help a little bit?

thank you so much! i wil definently look at the designs and bases you have linked. I think im going to practis with some open species or F2U lines to get me out of my purple/ tokyo ghoul palate style but i will totally come back to you if i need any help!
β”€π˜πŽπ”β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β˜…β”€
β–ΊFuyunofabuki, bday: Feb 12th, see
my cs insta for my upcoming events
- share your chicken smoothie goals
─ event place holder ────────Image
fuyunofabuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups