Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

πŸ”₯ SPECKITS πŸ”₯ COLOR & GET EVENT by ophanimera

Based on Click to view
Artist ophanimera [gallery]
Time spent 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

πŸ”₯ SPECKITS πŸ”₯ COLOR & GET EVENT

Postby ophanimera » Sat May 16, 2020 11:36 am

What are Speckits?

Speckits are elemental motes given sentient form in the shape of a kitten. They are rarely larger than your average kitten at about 6 weeks. Magicians who are particularly adept at making Speckits can train their magic to use any element, although most Speckits are ice- or fire-based elementals as these are the easiest elements to master. Even though they have been given kitten form, their element can be viewed in what we call the "face mask" area, as well as the small elemental motes that follow them around in the form of smoke puffs.

Rarity/List of Elements:

Common:
Fire, Ice

Uncommon:
Electricity, Plants, Dirt, Wind

Rare:
Star Plasma, Healing, Cursed, Holy

Forbidden:
Combination elementals, any element not listed

fire = red
rocks/dirt = orange
electricity = yellow
wind = yellow green
plant growth = medium green
plasma/star energy = cyan
water/ice = royal blue
healing energy = violet/purple
cursed energy = black
holy energy = white

Rarity List of Traits Possible:
Mandatory:
Must look at least 50% like a cat: Their front end must remain cat-like even if the back half is of another species.
Must have elemental wisps and elemental face mask. Must be of one element only.

No Rarity:
Snaggletooth, Claw Lengthening, Long Wispy Tail, Heterochromia

Common:
Fur Length (shorter, longer, no fur, etc.), Fur Shape (curly, more jagged etc.), Slight Weight Increase

Uncommon:
Custom Ears, Custom Pupil Shape (other than slit or round), Custom Tongue, More or Less than 2 Eyes

Rare:
Halo(es), Extra or Missing Limbs, Glowing (elsewhere than facemask), More or less than one tail, Height Mutation (tall, short, etc.), One or more horns on the Head, More or Less than 2 Ears

Very Rare:
Wings, Mineral Growth, Transparency, Goop/Slime/Sludge, Multiple Heads, Scales, Shine on the Body, Horns on the Body, Rear-end of another species (fish, goat, bird, et cetera.)

Forbidden:
- Anything not mentioned above without previous approval from me. Approved traits will be assigned a rarity after deliberation.
- Weight edits to make them very skinny/excessively fat: Speckits should always be a healthy weight. You should not be able to see any of their ribs or shoulder/hip bones. They also should not be overweight to the point where they cannot physically move and/or it causes them discomfort.
- Anything that would be considered body horror. This includes skinless, etc. adopts.
Last edited by ophanimera on Sun May 17, 2020 11:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: πŸ”₯ SPECKITS πŸ”₯ WIP DNP

All site rules apply.

General Terms of Use

- The Speckit Adoption Center is a safe place for all people.
      There will be no drama, arguments, spam, etc. in any official threads. You may not pity-farm or guilt trip.
      Please PM me directly if you have a concern. I will be more than happy to work with you.
      If people are breaking site rules, please report them using the report feature instead of messaging me first.

- Speckits are a closed species. You may not create your own without permission or claim this species as your own creation.
      The Speckit lore and concept were created by me (bats/rainboxys) in March of 2020. I retain the lore and concepts as my intellectual property and may use or sell it as I see fit. I understand that the combination of kitten + elemental powers is not particularly unique. I only lay claim to the unique lore and concepts herein, as well as all assets produced by me for the use of the Speckit community.

- All signatures must be kept on the reference images. If you upload your Speckit offsite, please credit me at rainboxys on toyhou.se for the species, as well as the creator of the design for the design.

- You may transfer designs out of the species after receiving express permission from me.
      Please message me with the subject line "Speckit Adopt Transfer" and I will get back to you within 36 hours.

- Speckits may be sold for any currency, offered for competition or offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Complaints about price will be viewed as pity-farming.
      Resale should only be done at or below the price at which the Speckit was originally purchased, whether this be the price of an already designed adopt or of the MYO ticket. The sale of the art commissioned for an adopt is allowed to be added onto the resale price.

- You may trade Speckits for other species, should their rules permit this.
      Only already-designed Speckits may be traded. MYO Speckit Tokens/Slots may not be traded, only resold or gifted. Mutual gifting can be considered as trading and may result in a species warning or ban for rule evasion.

- If you are banned from the species, you lose the right to participate in the community.
      We reserve the right to ban individuals from the community permanently or temporarily, as deemed fit by majority decision of staff. Should you own Speckits at the time of ban, your adopts will not be repossessed, however you will not be able to adopt any more, nor will you be able to participate in species-related forums or discord.

- Speckits may not be a direct recreation of existing fictional characters. Some inspiration is allowed, but the designs must be original.

- You may currently own 3. The limit will be increased proportional to the amount of Speckits in existence and the growth of the community.

- We reserve the right to edit the rules as necessary.
      Time of last edit: May 15th, 2020 at 7:50pm Central Time
Last edited by ophanimera on Sat May 16, 2020 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Staff:

Artists:
bats (profile ID 604943)

Will update as more staff are added!
I haven't entirely decided whether or not I want an archive for these or to even hire more artists LOL... We'll see.
Last edited by ophanimera on Sat May 16, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ophanimera » Sat May 16, 2020 11:37 am

Nothing yet!
Will update this as the species develops. :)
Last edited by ophanimera on Sat May 16, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ophanimera » Sat May 16, 2020 11:37 am

No questions yet!
Last edited by ophanimera on Sat May 16, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ophanimera » Sat May 16, 2020 11:38 am

No promotional materials yet!
Last edited by ophanimera on Sat May 16, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ophanimera » Sat May 16, 2020 11:38 am

Item shop is closed for renovations. Watch this space for developments!
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me