Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

late night shower thoughts i should be sleeping but I refuse by Bettalong

Based on Click to view
Artist Bettalong [gallery]
Time spent 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
48 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

late night shower thoughts i should be sleeping but I refuse

Postby Bettalong » Fri May 15, 2020 7:42 pm

sometimes it seems like nothing we do matters we're easy to ignore and overlook and nothing we do has any meaning or purpose and every day is exactly the same

no matter where you are or where you go there's going to be terrible people and people you just don't want to associate with- and sometimes it feels like these people are the ones with the most power in life, stepping over everyone- other times, it just feels like you have to please everyone otherwise you will feel bad for someone
but you're not a stepping stone
and it is absolutely impossible to please everyone.
you're a person, you deserve to be respected, you deserve to do things for yourself even if it means spending an entire day surrounding yourself in the good things you have in life and self-care. people will get angry or mean or harmful for any and every reason- including no reason! But everyone has a different life and a different story, you may not know their mind vs yours and that's okay.

and sometimes, you might get angry or mean or harmful to someone else too. sometimes, talking to someone about mistakes can help everyone understand human decency - especially when it's someone young who might not understand that maybe it isn't okay to destroy your professional 3 dimensional chalk art on the ground with their own sloppy chalk, or that tracing isn't okay either

we all may as well be tiny little specks in this world but to the people around us that are important and loved, we are the world
and you can make or break anyone's day including your own

it's so easy to focus on bad things in life. when you let it overshadow everything that's good it becomes difficult to appreciate life for what it is or can be
i should sleep
Bettalong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me