Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Felimascas (Open for Marking!) by Ariento

Based on Click to view
Artist Ariento [gallery]
Time spent 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Felimascas (Open for Marking!)

Postby Ariento » Thu May 07, 2020 12:01 pm

Deep in the mountains live the Felimasca, short-legged panthers with magical abilities controlled by the masks that replace their faces. They live in caves carved into the mountainsides, in large colonies where Felimascas of different magical talents work together to get tasks done.
Felimascas feed on the magical crystals they find deep in the caves, absorbing the power through the jagged seams in their masks. They can also absorb magical energy from living creatures by killing them, but this is less efficient than feeding from crystals.

Welcome to Felimascas, a genetics-based closed species! This is the main discussion and Q and A thread, and the place where all announcements will be posted. Feel free to mark or ask any questions you may have!

Latest Announcement:
Thread is open for marking, and the artist search has begun! Grand opening celebration will begin once artists have been chosen.

Open Adopts:
None :(

Shop | Breedings | Customs and MYOs | Artist Search | Masterlist
Last edited by Ariento on Sun May 10, 2020 6:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage
Image Image
Ariento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Felimascas (Closed, DNP Yet)

Postby Ariento » Thu May 07, 2020 12:02 pm

Rules:
Be nice! That means no begging, whining, bullying, scamming, bigotry, or otherwise going out of your way to be cruel. Everyone's here to have a good time, let's not ruin it for others.
Standard closed species rules apply. That means credit Ariento for the species concept and don't make a Felimasca without a MYO slot.
You are free to sell and trade your Felimascas for whatever, but you must notify Ariento or an archivist of the transaction so the masterlist may be updated.
Co-owning is not allowed. Each Felimasca must have a single owner.
Inbreeding Felimascas is not allowed.
Hybrid breedings between Felimascas and other species are not allowed at this time. In the future this may change if I can figure out the logistics.
Blacklisted users are not allowed to own a Felimasca. You may not trade your Felimascas to a blacklisted user.
These rules may be changed at any time.

Punishments:
We run on a three strikes and you're out system. Strikes may be removed at staff's discretion if we feel you have truly learned from your mistakes.
After three strikes, or for truly heinous offenses, you will be blacklisted. You have the choice of either rehoming your Felimascas or voiding them. Voiding them means they will no longer be Felimascas and you will no longer be able to use the official lineart, but you may keep them as non-species OCs.

Blacklist:
Zrcalo
ImageImage
Image Image
Ariento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Traits can be non-rarity, common, uncommon, or rare. Non-rarity and common traits may be used without limit, uncommon and rare traits typically cost extra or, in the case of free adopts, require more effort to win.

Non-rarity traits include weight, scars/missing limbs, accessories - basically anything that's not controlled by the genetics system. Mask colors and patterns do not have a rarity either, but unlike other NR traits they cannot be edited at the user's whim.

Genetic traits and their rarities are listed below. This guide assumes a baseline understanding of how genetics work. If you are new to genetics, this guide is an excellent starting point. If you have further questions after reading that guide, feel free to head back to the main thread and ask away!

If you want a quick cheat sheet to the known genes of Felimascas, click here for the google spreadsheet. For more in-depth explanations of the alleles, what they do, and how they interact with each other, stay here.

-----

The first locus is the "Agouti" locus. The alleles on this locus determine whether a Felimasca is patterned or solid. The "A" allele (common) is most dominant and will make the Felimasca patterned. The "a" allele (common) is most recessive and when expressed will create a solid colored pelt instead. The "Apb" allele (rare) is in between the other two in dominance, and when paired with the "a" allele will create the charcoal pattern.

AA, AApb, Aa - Patterned
ApbApb - Patterned, slight cape effect
Apba - Charcoal
aa - Solid

-----

The second locus is the "Brown" locus. It determines the color of the black/brown pigment. The "B" allele (common) makes black pigment and is most dominant. The "b" allele (uncommon) makes chocolate, a dark brown pigment and is less dominant. The "b1" allele (rare) makes cinnamon, a reddish brown pigment and is most recessive.

BB, Bb, Bb1 - Black
bb, bb1 - Chocolate
b1b1 - Cinnamon

-----

The third locus is the "Color" locus. The "C" allele (common) is the most dominant allele here, and results in normal pigment production across the whole body. The "cs" allele (uncommon) and the "cb" allele (uncommon) are recessive to it and have incomplete dominance over each other. "cs" produces the Himalayan point pattern, where the Felimasca is white except for on the extremities. "cb" produces the sepia point pattern, where except for on the extremities the Felimasca's color is faded. When both alleles are present as "cscb", the mink point pattern forms, which is paler than sepia but darker than Himalayan. With all three point patterns, the cub is hatched pale and darkens with age.

CC, Ccs, Ccb - Full color
cscs - Himalayan point
cscb - Mink point
cbcb - Sepia point

-----

The fourth locus is the "Density" locus. The "D" allele (common) produces the dense versions of colors - black, chocolate, cinnamon, and red. The "d" allele (uncommon) is reccessive and produces the diluted versions of those colors - blue, lilac, fawn, and cream respectively.

DD, Dd - Dense
dd - Dilute

----

The fifth locus is the "Extension" locus, which determines how much red is on the body. The "E" allele (commmon) is most dominant and results in no red at all. The "ec" allele (uncommon) is less dominant and results in black and red patches, like a tortoiseshell or calico cat. The "e" allele (common) is most recessive and results in a completely red Felimasca.

EE, Eec, Ee - Black
ecec, ece - Calico/Tortie
ee - Red

-----

The sixth locus is the "White" locus. The most dominant allele is the "Wd" allele (uncommon), which makes the whole pelt white. The next most dominant allele is the "Ws" allele (uncommon), which results in piebald markings. Two copies of this allele results in more white than one copy of this allele. The most recessive allele is the "w" allele (common), which does not produce any white at all.

WdWd, Wdws, Wdw - Solid white
WsWs - Over 50% white
Wsw - Under 50% white
ww - No white

-----

The seventh locus is the "Merle" locus. The dominant allele here is the "M" allele (uncommon), which causes the merle pattern. WARNING: Two copies of this allele causes blindness and deafness. Breeding two merles together is strongly discouraged. The recessive allele is the "m" allele (common), which results in normal pattern.

MM - Double merle (blind + deaf)
Mm - Merle
mm - Normal

-----

The eight locus is the "Inhibitor" locus. The dominant allele here is the "I" allele (common) and it effects patterned and solid Felimascas differently. Patterned Felimascas become silver - the background color is a light gray or white while the stripes or spots are unaffected. Solid Felimascas become smoke - the roots of their hairs turn white, giving their coats a shimmery appearance. The recessive allele is the "i" allele (common), which results in normal colors.

II, Ii - Silver/smoke
ii - Normal

-----

The ninth locus is the "Spots" locus. The "Sp" allele (common) is dominant and will give the Felimasca a spotted pattern. The "sp" allele (common) is recessive and wil give a striped pattern.

SpSp, Spsp - Spots
spsp - Stripes

-----

The tenth locus is the "Bordered Modifier" locus. The "Bm" allele (common) is dominant and will make spots rosettes and marble stripes. The "bm" allele (common) is recessive and will give unbordered spots and stripes.

BmBm, Bmbm - Rosettes/Marbled stripes
bmbm - Spots/Normal stripes

-----

The eleventh locus is the "King Stripes" locus. The "K" allele (common) will make any stripes straight like a tiger's. The "k" allele (uncommon) is recessive will make any stripes swirl like a king cheetah's. If Sp- is present some spotting may remain.

KK, Kk - Straight stripes
kk - King stripes, overrides spots

-----

The twelfth locus is the "Ticked" locus. The "Ta" allele (commmon) is dominant and will give a ticked pattern like an Abyssinian cat. The "ta" allele (common) is recessive and will allow the other pattern to show.

TaTa, Tata - Ticked
tata - Stripes/Spots

-----

The thirteenth locus is the "Tail Length" locus. The "Bt" allele (common) is dominant and results in a long tail. The "bt" allele (rare) is recessive and results in a bobbed tail. NOTE: Sometimes a Felimasca loses all or part of its tail to injury. That is a non-rarity trait, but it cannont be passed down like a bobtail.

BtBt, Btbt - Long tail
btbt - Bobtail

-----

Future genes? It's a mystery!
Last edited by Ariento on Fri May 08, 2020 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Image Image
Ariento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved
ImageImage
Image Image
Ariento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ariento » Thu May 07, 2020 12:03 pm

Reserved
ImageImage
Image Image
Ariento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Felimascas (Open for Marking!)

Postby TheEternalPlague » Fri May 08, 2020 3:56 am

Mark!
-5 ChickenSmoothie Hours + 969865
I love Malk Pets/Spiders/Hyenas/Bearded Vultures
TheEternalPlague

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Felimascas (Open for Marking!)

Postby Lex. » Fri May 08, 2020 9:58 am

mark!

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist