Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Apiazun ARPG * OPEN * by inky.

Artist inky. [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by inky.

by inky.

Apiazun ARPG * OPEN *

Postby inky. » Sun May 03, 2020 6:52 am

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

Apiazun are an ancient breed. They started out as a companion breed to a race capable of teleportation. The race was in charge of protecting the four planets in their system from alien threats. When the race went extinct, the Apiazun species decided to take over the roles of planetary guardians.

This is an ARPG in which you will create your very own Apiazun Guild, and send them on journeys to defeat threats (and even get special items along the way)!

main thread directory:
introduction post (you are here) | rules + staff | getting started | growing your guild | the shop

expedition thread | [url]nursery[/url]
Last edited by inky. on Sat May 09, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
inky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules and staff

Postby inky. » Sun May 03, 2020 6:53 am

main thread directory:
introduction post | rules + staff (you are here) | getting started | growing your guild | the shop

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

the main purpose of this game is to have fun! there a set of rules below that I kindly ask everyone here to follow to make sure we all have a good time in this ARPG!

rules
↠ follow all cs rules
↠ before you start your guild, please make sure to read through EVERYTHING. if you are confused, please ask questions! this is my first time creating an arpg, so please forgive me for any mistakes or clarification errors i may make
↠ that being said, i am not an idiot. i will not tolerate rule breaking or general nastiness, so don't try it.
↠ be kind and respectful to everyone
↠ if drama should arise, please take it off-thread
↠ do not beg or whine for items and/or apiazun
↠ this is my idea. do not use it or recreate it without my explicit permission
↠ please do not rush the staff. creating anything takes time. however, if it has been over 2 weeks since your breeding/custom/founder hasn't been completed, please pm me and i will take care of it
↠ theft of any kind will not be tolerated
↠ do not mini-mod. answering questions is not mini-modding, but make sure you 100% know the answer. do not spread false information
↠ do not make your own without permission
↠ these are technically free to use, but make sure you look through the other sections to make sure you know how to get one
↠ the designs you obtain here are for this ARPG ONLY! you may use the official artwork as a reference if you are ordering art or drawing, but you MUST give credit. the selling of apiazun anywhere is strictly prohibited.
↠ do not trace, copy, or re-upload the artwork as your own. any form of theft is an immediate ban.
↠ as the creator of this game, i am allowed to change and add rules as i see fit. i will always make an announcement about rule changes, and it will take effect going forward. 99% of the time, you will not be punished if the rule is published after you did something

strikes/bans
↠ the first time you go against a rule, you will be warned. however, the breaking of some rules can result in an immediate ban. after the first offence, each 'warning' is a strike. three strikes warrant a ban. the ban may be temporary or permanent depending on the offense. if you are banned permanently, all of your apiazun will be adopted out. the subject of banning is up to the mod team. they hold the right to ban anyone, though a clear reason is needed.
↠ no one has been banned/striked - lets keep it this way

staff
inky. - creator/owner ; mod ; artist

sharpiesandhamilton - mod

:*Lady Stardust*: - artist

font

5.2.2020 - thread created!
5.8.2020 - thread officially open!
Last edited by inky. on Sat May 09, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
inky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

getting started + basic mechanics

Postby inky. » Sun May 03, 2020 6:53 am

main thread directory:
introduction post | rules + staff | getting started (you are here) | growing your guild | the shop

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

Before you do anything, including requesting your founder, make sure to read through the entire directory. when you're done, you can start your guild!

everyone starts off at level 1.
before you can claim your founder, you must complete a few tasks:
❑ create an archive for your guild. it can be on CS or offsite, as long as you have one! make sure you make the guild's name, credit balance, and current level easily visible!
❑ on your thread, you can put anything, but you must include what the guild's home base looks like. you can do this in the form of a drawing or writing. usually, apiazun camp out in abandoned ships on the mother planet, but they can decorate it however they please! spice it up and make it snazzy.

once you do those two tasks, you can request your founder. the post below this has the form for you to order with, along with more information!

after you receive your founder, make an archive post for them! tell us a bit about them: name, current level (start off at level 1) and traits + strength/weakness (will be given with the founder) must be included, but feel free to add more things!

when you have completed this, post this level up form on the main thread (the one you're on right now!). keep in mind that the other level up forms will be different and will work slightly differently. we will make sure you've gotten everything set up correctly, and help you if you don't.

Code: Select all
[b][u]i'm ready to begin my journey![/u][/b]
[b]archive link:[/b]
[b]founder link:[/b]

once your level up has been approved to level 2, you're free to start the game!

font

the main part of this game is sending your guild on expeditions to protect their system of planets from threats. there are 4 worlds in the system, each with their own individual bosses and collectible items. there is a factor of odds in this game (think dnd), and sometimes your guild might not succeed in taking down the threats. though apiazun can't die from expeditions, they can get injured and might have to sit the next expedition out. through successfully defeating threats, your guild will gain experience points, which will be reflected in your founder's level. when your founder gets enough experience, they will level up. when your founder reaches a certain level, your guild will be able to expand (level up), which means you can get more apiazun as well as cool abilities.

levels:

Level 2 (starting)
- founder level 1
- 3 apiazun capacity
- No breedings allowed

Level 3
- founder level 5
- 6 apiazun
- 1 breeding allowed

Level 4
- founder level 10
- 12 apiazun
- 2 breedings allowed

Level 5
- founder level 15
- 24 apiazun
- 3 breedings allowed

etc....
as you might be able to see, there is a pattern. basically, each time your founder gains 5 levels, your guild can level up. the amount of apiazun capacity doubles, and the number of breedings allowed go up by one. if this is confusing that's alright! you can ask any questions you may have!

for further details and posting your expedition forms visit the expedition thread
Last edited by inky. on Sat May 09, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
inky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

growing your guild

Postby inky. » Sun May 03, 2020 6:54 am

main thread directory:
introduction post | rules + staff | getting started | growing your guild (you are here) | the shop

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

once you have finished setting up your guild, you are ready to order your founding apiazun!

woah, slow down there tiger. i know you're super excited to start, i am too! but there are a few things we have to cover first. lets start with the traits of apiazun.

as with any species, there are different tiers and rarities of certain traits. different tickets will allow certain traits, but the basic one you see on the cover of the thread contain all common traits. the gem in the center of the apiazun's chest allows their teleportation. They will always have the gem, four eyes, two wings, and two tails unless specified otherwise. the listed traits are not all packaged together, and most will appear on a common apiazun (ex. nub tail edit only, the rest stays common).

Common/Default:
feather wings
long tails
4 eyes

Uncommon
Extra eye
Nub tail
Long-furred

Rare
Missing limb
No tail
Non-feathered wings

Legendary
4 feather/non-feather wings
Eyeless
No wings

each apiazun has a specific strength and weakness. other personality traits are up to you, but these two effect gameplay. traits are further explained on the expedition thread, but the strengths/weaknesses include:

Swimming
Climbing
Tracking
Stealth

these traits help depict which planets your apiazun excel in. they are randomly generated and will be given to you. as of right now, they cannot be changed.

font

in this arpg, there are 5 ways you can grow your guild's numbers:

1) your founder (we're getting there i promise!!)
2) you can "hire" more team members using credits (will range from common to uncommon)
3) adopts/events (can be anything)
4) special items found while on expeditions (they will be tickets with specified rarity)
5) breeding

Founders

let's start off with the first one. finally! you can now learn how to make a founder. so sorry for making you wait this long.

when you are ready to ask for your founder, post this form on the thread. you can chose one trait of ANY TIER as a special add on for your founder!

[b][u]let's get started! i want a founder![/u][/b]
[b]username[/b]
[b]archive link[/b]
[b]special trait[/b]
[b]any specific theme?[/b]

Hiring/Tickets

to hire more guild members, you will need credits. credits are the in-game currency that can be obtained through expeditions. you can hire a common apiazun or an uncommon apiazun. when ordering, make sure you pay close attention to your guild limit! ordering another apiazun when you have already reached your level limit could result in a warning/strike!

hiring a common apiazun costs 100 credits

[b][u]i would like to hire a common apiazun[/u][/b]
[b]username[/b]
[b]archive link[/b]
[b]payment[/b] (old credit balance) --> (new credit balance)

hiring an uncommon apiazun costs 150 credits

[b][u]i would like to hire an uncommon apiazun[/u][/b]
[b]username[/b]
[b]archive link[/b]
[b]uncommon trait[/b]
[b]payment[/b] (old credit balance) --> (new credit balance)

while on an expedition, you can also be rewarded with special tickets! these tickets each have their own rarity and act as semi-customs (or maybe you'll get very lucky and get a full custom!). for example, you may find a rare ticket, which will allow you to redeem one apiazun with a rare trait!

[b][u]i would like to redeem a ticket[/u][/b]
[b]username[/b]
[b]archive link[/b]
[b]ticket rarity[/b]
[b]proof of ownership[/b] (link to the mod response you obtained it)
[b]special trait[/b]

Breeding

apiazun are genderless. however, they have to repopulate somehow! each apiazun carries three eggs within them. two apiazun can visit the nesting tree together and bury one of their eggs each (guaranteeing 2 babies in a breeding). the magical soil of the tree mixes the genes of the two eggs, creating two offspring! the nesting tree is a very busy spot, and it can be tricky to get into sometimes. you will need a reservation! you can do this by using credits or a nest key (an uncommon item that can be found on expeditions). learn more details and book your reservation on our [url]nursery thread[/url].
Last edited by inky. on Sun May 03, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
inky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the shop

main thread directory:
introduction post | rules + staff | getting started | growing your guild | the shop (you are here)

still a major wip oops
Last edited by inky. on Sun May 03, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

blank

res just in case
inky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Apiazun ARPG * open for marking

Postby inky. » Sun May 03, 2020 6:55 am

We are now open!
Last edited by inky. on Sat May 09, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
inky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Apiazun ARPG * open for marking

Postby chaotic creativity » Sun May 03, 2020 7:03 am

MARK!
chaotic creativity