Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

New Species: Introducing Kylfos! by atomicstrawberries

Artist atomicstrawberries [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

New Species: Introducing Kylfos!

Postby atomicstrawberries » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:58 am

Introducing Kylfos!

Kylfos are cat-like creatures which live in high altitudes, such as hills and mountains. Many of them live in caves within the mountains, but they also inhabit the forests which grow up their mountainsides or the rivers and waterfalls that flow down them. Though Kylfos are flightless, ancient tales do tell of a select few which sprouted wings and flew away to live amongst the clouds. Even older tales tell of a faction of Kylfos who denied their nature and ran away to live in the sea. Kylfos prey on small vermin like mice and rats and they generally live alone, but they do mate for life when they've found another they want to be with. Generally, their horns possess no magical abilities, but some Kylfos have horns that glow, which allow them to easily navigate the darkness of the caverns within their home. They are a proud species, sometimes aloof and cold, but they will fiercely protect whatever they consider precious, be it an object, a home, or another Kylfos.

Artists:
atomicstrawberries (owner)

Pronunciation: Kill-foss
Singular/Plural: Kylfos/Kylfos

RULES:

1. comply with the chickensmoothie guidelines
    2. you may not harass the owner of the species/artist(s) of the species for ANY reason. Doing so results in a permanent ban.
    3. Proof of purchase may be requested at any point. Examples may include a screenshot of a trade, receipt of a transaction, or a link to any contest/raffle you may have won. The owner/artists may ask you for proof that you purchased things such as an adopt or a trait ticket (for uncommon, rare, ultra rare and legendary traits.)
    4. Kylfos are a CLOSED SPECIES. You may not make your own Kylfos nor have access to the lines unless you are an approved artist. You may make or commission art of your Kylfos, but you are not permitted to access the original lines.
    5. Approved artists can make as many basic Kylfos as they want, and get 12 free Uncommon Tickets, 6 free Rare tickets, 2 free Ultra Rare Tickets, and 1 free Legendary ticket every month. Artist tickets unused before the end of the month expire to keep the Kylfos market from being oversaturated with too many rare Kylfos.
    6. You may not whine or complain about your Kylfos or if you don't win a contest/raffle. Whining results in a strike.
    7. You may not claim the lines or artwork as your own. Doing so results in a permanent ban from the species.
    8. You may not edit the design of your Kylfos. (adding/removing accessories and changing their facial expression, name, or gender is totally okay!)
    9. You may trade your Kylfos, but you may not sell them. When you trade, send me a private message to let me know who the new owner is. The new owner must also send me a PM to tell me they now own the Kylfos.
    10. New rules may be added at any time.
    11. For additional questions/concerns, please PM me.

So how do I GET a Kylfos?

The first five people who mark this species will all get a basic, non-edit Kylfos for free. After that, an Adopt Ticket must be purchased to receive a Kylfos. Additional traits may be purchased using Trait Tickets. There will also be frequent raffles and contests for free Kylfos and/or trait tickets. There may also be Kylfos auctions that combine elements from multiple tickets. Approved Artists may host Kylfos auctions and raffles.

-Adopt Tickets are 90 Chicken Dollars each, or $5.00 USD
-Trait Tickets range in price depending on what level the trait is at.
-Basic and Common traits are free and may be requested when turning in your Adopt Ticket.
-One Uncommon Ticket gets you 4 uncommon traits and costs 20 chicken dollars, or $1.00 USD.
-One Rare Ticket gets you up to 3 rare traits and costs 35 chicken dollars, or $2.00 USD.
-One Ultra Rare Ticket gets you up to 2 ultra rare traits and costs 50 chicken dollars, or $3.00 USD.
-One Legendary Ticket gets you 1 legendary trait and costs 80 chicken dollars, or $4.00 USD.

Payment: Paying with chicken dollars may be done through a regular trade. Just make sure you leave a message telling me what you are purchasing when you send the trade. Paying with USD is preferred. Tickets purchased with USD, when redeemed, take priority over other adopts and get completed faster. Please PM me if you intend to pay with USD and receive additional instructions that way.

Redeeming tickets: You may redeem tickets on purchase, just include "REDEEMING NOW" in your message when you send the payment. You may also choose to keep and stack your tickets, as multiple trait tickets may be used on one adopt. One of each ticket may be used on one adopt, but you cannot stack trait tickets to get more then the designated amount of R/UR/L traits. The only other things exempt from stacking are traits in more than one category: for example, you cannot stack the extra horn from the Uncommon tier with the three extra horns in the Rare tier. If you turn both tickets in, you will get the amount of extra horns associated with the highest rarity ticket.

If you win a ticket in a contest or raffle, your Proof of Purchase will be a screenshot of the contest you won. Please PM me to redeem.

RARITY

Basic: No edits, exactly as pictured.

Common: Weight edits, fur edits (longer/shorter), backmane, different color sclera, claws on back feet, heterochromia, longer fangs, different facial markings, no facial markings

Uncommon: Horn edits (longer/shorter), up to 1 extra horn, longer spikes on tail, spikes on back, no spikes, flop ears, up to 2 extra eyes, longer claws, no fangs

Rare: up to 3 extra horns, fluffy tail, up to 4 extra eyes, no claws, extra tail, up to 2 extra legs, tail made of unnatural material (gems/metal/plants/glass/etc), glowing horn, missing limb

Ultra Rare: 1 set of feathered wings, no horn, antlers, halo, bird claws instead of feet, up to 2 extra tails, goop coming out of mouth or eyes, tailmouth

Legendary: unlimited amount of eyes anywhere on the body, 2 sets of wings, bat wings, fish tail, up to three extra tails, body made of unnatural material, mermaid body, no eyes, downward pointing fangs of any length, scales on up to 50% of body

P.S- you can check out my DeviantArt for some cleaner lines! However, dA adopts are available only in USD.
https://www.deviantart.com/atomicstrawberries/art/New-Species-Introducing-Kylfos-838185945
Last edited by atomicstrawberries on Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
atomicstrawberries

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New Species: Introducing Kylfos!

Postby marybelle » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:50 am

Mark! This looks amazing!!!!! <3333
Dream pets:

ImageImage
Please gift these people: x x x They're amazing!

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 4% of teens who will.✞
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for our sins. ✞
marybelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nepeta Lejion » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:53 am

Mark!!
https://wolfplaygame.com/index.php?referral=244853 Help would be noice!!
Im also on Pokemon farm Q: https://pokefarm.com/user/Tolo

Magistream
ImageImageImageImageImage
Nepeta Lejion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:11 pm

Mark <: These look awesome!

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frostily » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:13 pm

Mark!
- DA - Art Shop - Frost#6739 -
frostily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:29 pm

m-mark owo
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rea; » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:30 am

mark c:
these look super cool! c:

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════╗
♡ rea ♡
artist | she/they | comms open | pms always open

instagram
<< art shop <<

rea;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gizmutt » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:48 am

Mark
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Novacaine- » Sun May 10, 2020 6:17 pm

Mark
Credit to frostily and Brackensnake for my avatar and sig image