How to Draw a Cat (Again) by Ki-Mono

Based on Click to view
Artist Ki-Mono [gallery]
Time spent 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

How to Draw a Cat (Again)

Postby Ki-Mono » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:54 am

I live!!! Apologize for the long wait. I do these on my own time, and sometimes life gets crazy.

The good news is that your cat actually isn't that bad. I find it really cute! There are a couple things you can fix to make it more realistic, but your chubby munchkin cats is adorable~

The head should be smaller. Eyes are place on the front of the side and not the sides. Muzzles are hard to explain, but it looks like you're on the right track. Just round off the edges a bit.
Necks are relatively short and skinny; yours is pretty good. Not too much to change at all.
The body is also well done. Just remember to think rectangle. Otherwise the only other thing to keep in mind is the back usually slants upwards ever so slightly.
I'd make the tail skinnier and give the booty some fluff, but otherwise also good.
The man offender for you is your legs/paws. I think the style is pretty cute and cartoony, and works well for a munchkin cat. To make it more realistic and regular, stretch the legs out and make them thinner. The legs should at least be the length of the body from back to belly. Sometimes a little longer, sometimes a little shorter. And the paws are quite tiny! Your cat is wearing some lion paws!

I hope this helps you~ <3

ref: x
Ki-Mono

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me