Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Helgrim - A Fantasy ARPG by ajax.

Based on Click to view
Artist ajax. [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
36 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Helgrim - A Fantasy ARPG

Postby ajax. » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:59 am

navigation wrote:Base Post
rules
Staff
Starting/rarities
Genetics
𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕠

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Enter the world of Helgrim!
Not many know what's behind those borders, not many hexes are brave enough to go past them.
The lands are dangerous, filled with deadly creatures than hunt your every move and dangerous prey that aren't so fearful as they used to be.
This is the land of the hexes! They are a colonizing species that calls most of this map home, and some are even strong enough to make it through the borders into the wilds.
This land is sacred and filled with creatures and items that one couldn't find in the real world.
Within these borders are mountains and prairies, complimented with dense woodland, this is where the hexes roam freely.
So far, not many creatures have been able to wild the magic that's hidden beneath their paws, and the hexes are widely known to be the masters of such power.
But the hexes are more than just the power that they harbour, they wish to be the strongest species in Helgrim, and to protect their own walls from the threats that surround them.
They'll need all the help they can get.
Within the hexes are two subspecies, the Fortis; a foxlike, bulkier hex, and the Celer; a sleek, cat-like hex. Each has their own strengths. The fortis is proficient in strength, while the celer is proficient in speed.
There may be more hexes out there, but they haven't been found yet...

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Last edited by ajax. on Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 12 times in total.
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Helgrim - Rules

Postby ajax. » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:00 am

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Main Rules
• All chickensmoothie/Tess' rules apply here!
    - Please keep everything CS appropriate!
    - No discussing USD or real money transactions on any of the threads or in the discord
    - Art theft will not be tolerated. Always credit Denja, for the lineart, Surgefire for the background and the artist for the design.
• Respect all the staff! They are trying their hardest to help.
• Please show everyone in the community respect and kindness! We do not tolerate any bullying!
• Be sure that you have read through all the 'Getting Started' information.
• Do not mini-mod, contact a staff member and let them handle the situation.
• Do not beg, harass, bribe, or whine to staff in order to try and get a hex.
• We trust that you will be mature, do not throw a fit if something doesn't go your way.
• Do not take the concept of hexes for your own personal gain

Species Rules:
• You will not be added to an adopt's image if you own them, this is to ensure you won't change the design.
• You cannot add your own items to a hex, they will be added by the artist if your hex finds it while exploring or you've bought it from the bazaar or crafted it
• You must have a storage thread for your hexes
    - This can be located on chickensmoothie, toyhou.se, or personal websites. Do not post the images to Deviantart.
• Hexes can only be the colours of the available bases with exception to milestones and events
• Hexes can be any gender and sexuality, and breed through ways of magic
• You can own as many Hexes as your level allows
• You can only order one custom a month, this resets on the first
• Your group doesn't have to develop as a group, you can develop your hexes individually or as a whole
• We use silver pebbles as currency in Helgrim, which are earned or bought with c$
• You can trade or sell hexes for silver pebbles, items, art, or other hexes
    - Hexes have a one month cooldown after acquiring before you can trade or gift them
please don’t repost starter forms! We have a list to keep track

Artist Rules:
• Artists earn a free custom once they become an artist, this can be done by them or other artists
    - inactivity doesn't get you demoted
    - However, in order to earn free customs after their first one, artists much produce at least three adopts monthly
      - 3-4 adopts: common custom
      - 5-9 adopts: uncommon custom
      - 10+ adopts: rare custom
• Artists can make customs, starters, and adopts
    - Guest artists may only make adopts during their term
• Artists are expected to finish custom orders or starter forms within a month
• Artists are expected to complete a guest artist term of one month before being considered as a full artist
    - If I personally know this person the term might be vetoed

Last edited by ajax. on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby ajax. » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:00 am

AJ. - Founder, owner, & artist
SurgeFire - Co-owner & artist

Denja - Artist
.lucifer - Artist
Kiffell - Artist
Ataraxic_king - Artist
Goner. - Artist

Baddad. - Moderator & Artist
Neah - Moderator & Artist
Wet Bread - Moderator

Hevno - Archivist

Last edited by ajax. on Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:38 am, edited 7 times in total.
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Getting Started

Postby ajax. » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:01 am

Step One: Acquire a starter!
    Your starter isn't necessarily a leader. (It can be so if you'd like!) This is just a free hex that you will get to start developing!
    You can get your starter either through obtaining one from an adopt or by posting a starter form! This is a randomly determined design, if you'd like you can request one confirmed trait, either being one of the seven bases, (Onyx, Rusty, Blond, Arctic, Spruce, Smoke or Cream.) One marking, eye colour or which subspecies. There's also the random chance of a common edit that you can have rolled. Everything else will be determined through a generator.
    Please note: You are only allowed to redeem this once, if you acquire a starter through other means, you may not fill out a form
    Starter forms: Currently Open!
    Code: Select all
    [center][b][u]Starter Form:[/u][/b][/center]
    [b]Username;[/b]
    [b]One trait;[/b]
    [b]Chance of common edit?;[/b]

Your starter will be claimed by an artist and finished within a two-three week period, please do not bother the artist or complain if they don't get your starter done right away. If the wait time exceeds a month please contact one of the admin.
    Once your starter is made, post on their thread with their name, rank and other information you'd like the artist to add; (Gender, age, etc).
    Currently, starters can be one of three ranks: A Fighter, Hunter, or Healer. Each rank you must also specify if your hex will practice this rank with magic or physical skill. This decision will add a title to your rank; (ie. Mage Fighter or Craft Healer). This will also give you bonuses to certain rolls when exploring or training.
      Fighters: Protect the land of Helgrim from beasts and threats. +1 to attack rolls
      Hunters: Help to provide for Helgrim, either hunting in groups or solitary to take down large prey animals. +1 to defence rolls.
      Healers: Help to look after the sick and wounded of Helgrim after crusades or failed hunting, they are necessary for the survival of the hexes. +2 to heal rolls.
    You must ensure that you also have a storage thread linked so that it can be added to the archives, this can be on cs, toyhou.se or your own personal website. You must keep your storage thread relatively updated including the number of hexes you own and the level of your group, as well a list of all currency, items and objects your Hexes might acquire. Remember that you don't have to develop your group as a group, and can have each hex be solitary or small groups, the threads are for the convenience of tracking your hexes.
    [url]Example storage thread[/url]

Step Two: Developing Your Hexes!
    Once you have your starter, it is essential that you level up your group if you wish to acquire other hexes! Go to the Archive, and fill out the form with your information. Getting to level one is the easiest, as it only requires you to write a personality for your starter (100 words minimum) and post the links to your starter and storage thread, after that the limit to the number of hexes you own will keep growing with each level up.
    Once you post your level up form, you will be put in the Bank, you don't have to wait to be added to the bank after posting your level up, it will be updated periodically.
    After levelling up, you will receive 150 silver pebbles, These will be your currency in the game, and can be earned during crusades and exploring, as well as ordered through the store.
    While you have your own group level to watch, you can also develop your Hexes' personal levels through [url]Exploring[/url] and [url]Training[/url], these will help you earn currency, items and XP for your hexes, which in turn with each level up will add to their attack bonuses and proficiencies.
    Each Hex can be levelled up 4 times, each level up is at 50 XP, which can be earned through training and exploring. With each level up your hex upgrades their title. When you reach level four, each level up past that will instead add to their stat bonuses.
    As you acquire other hexes, you will learn that you have added choices for your ranks; Collector, and Tradesman, have also been added to your rank choices.
      Collectors: Learn to search and find strange artefacts that they can use in Helgrim. +2 to Luck rolls
      Tradesman: Learn to use their paws to craft and create items from seemingly useless objects found in Helgrim. Makes crafting available.
    These two ranks don't have the choice of choosing magic or craft as additional practice and are therefore not useable in crusades or battles. However, they open up their own proficiencies in exploring and crafting.
Step Three: Interacting With Others!
    Part of being in Helgrim is interacting with others in the community! This can be small like roleplaying your hexes with others or developing relationships. There will also be the option of participating in crusades and games in the future!

Most things are still under construction until everything starts out, though that shouldn't stop you from making friends within this community! Stay tuned for announcements either in the discord or the main thread <3

Within Helgrim there is a wide variety of 'rarities' amongst hexes.

Genetically, the Fortis(Forti for plural), is more uncommon as the are recessive subspecies. Other edits or mutations however do have stamps determined by how common they are.

Non rarity: Expression edits | scars | items| weight edit | whisker edit |

Standard: No additional edits | standard bases/markings | no mutations |

Common: Hair edit above jaw | cropped tail / tail edit | snaggle tooth | coloured sclera |small ear edits | tongue edit |

Uncommon: Hair edit above shoulder/backmane | custom ears | hair edits / fur tufts | piebald | missing eye(s) / blind | tailless |

Rare: Hair edit below shoulder | extra ears | melanism | albinism | vitiligo | missing limb(s) | antlers / horns | multiple tails | mottled coats

Unappraised: Chimera | Unnatural mutations | additional limbs | elemental traits | additional heads | wings | halos
    these are a wip as I add more

Items have no rarity in Helgrim. They are usually worn by hexes to show the time and efforts they put into their rank. Smaller items are generally found while exploring or during crusades, but larger drops are not impossible either! Large items can be bought in the bazaar for currency, or crafted from smaller items you find around Helgrim!

Last edited by ajax. on Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:30 am, edited 9 times in total.
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Genetics

Postby ajax. » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:01 am

The Hexes within Helgrim have a mostly concrete and developed genetics system. However, things are still being discovered and named at the moment, so not everything is precise:

Subspecies: Currently there are two know subspecies of hexes
    Celer: HxHx (pure) or Hxhx (carrying Fortis) - The feline structured Hex
    Fortis: hxhx (pure) - The fox structured Hex

Bases: Currently we only know of 3 base coats of hexes
    Onyx: BB (pure), Bb (carrying spruce), Br (carrying rusty) Bb1 (carrying blond extension)
    Spruce: bb(pure), br (carrying rusty), bb1 (carrying blond extension)
    Rusty: rr (pure) rb1 (carrying blond extension)

There are 4 additional bases when the dilution gene (D) is exposed
    Blond: b1b1 + Dd (pure) - single dilute
    Arctic: b1b1 + DD or rr + DD(both pure) -a double dilute, cannot breed with other dilutes
    Smoke: BB + Dd (pure), Bb +Dd (carrying diluted spruce), Br + Dd (Carrying Cream), Bb2 + Dd (carrying blond)
    Cream or Pink: rr + Dd or rb1 + Dd
    *If the dilute is not expressed, we assume the gene to be dd (recessive)

*** Due to arctic being a double dilute, they are at risk of producing a Lethal White Cub, and therefore cannot breed with other dilutes in order to avoid the syndrome.

Markings: Helgrim hexes currently have 20 markings
    Agouti: The tabby gene
    AA: Expressed
    Aa: Expressed, carrying non
    aa: solid

Mackerel: A1A1 (pure), or A1a1 (carrying non) example
      Classic: A2A2 (pure) A2a2 (carrying non) example
      Spotted: A3A3 (pure) or A3a3 (carrying ticked) example
      Ticked: a3a3 example

The Wild Gene: (converts mackerel to braided, classic to marble, and spotted to rosette)
      WW or Ww: not present / not present and carrying
      ww: present/expressed example 1example 2 example 3

Cheetah: a spotted pattern matching that of the big cat
    CeCe: Expressed example
    Cece: Carried

Chipmunk: stripes along the back, can be as many as 2 - 6
    ChCh: Expressed example
    Chch: Carried

Cub spots: spots that appear on the legs and shoulders
    SpSp: Expressed example
    Spsp: Carried

Doberman: Lighter points on the face, chest and legs similar to that of a [url]doberman[/url]
    DbDb: Expressed example
    Dbdb: Carried

Dun: darkened muzzle and paws with banding at the leg joints and a dorsal stripe
    DnDn: Expressed example
    Dndn: Carried

Fade: Pale points
    FdFd: Expressed example
    Fdfd: Carried

Fallow: Ordered strips along the back that resemble a fawn's
    FlFl: Expressed example
    Flfl: Carried

Freckle: speckles all over the body, can be light or dark
    FrFr: Expressed example
    Frfr: Carried

Husky: darker/lighter markings that cover the back and face that match that of a husky
    HsHs: Expressed example
    Hshs: Carried

King Cheetah: similar to cheetah, but with patterns matching the king cheetah
    KcKc: Expressed example
    Kckc: Carried

Merle: a patchy mix of lighter and darker shades on the base
    MrMr: Expressed example
    Mrmr: Carried

Ram: a pale rump that extends to the tail as well
    RmRm: Expressed example
    Rmrm: Carried

Rings: Rings around the neck, ears and/or limbs
    RgRg: present example
    Rgrg: Carried

Roan: paling the body and darkening points with speckles
    RnRn: Expressed example
    Rnrn: Carried

Shade: Darker points
    SdSd: Expressed example
    Sdsd: Carried

Shepherd: Shaded back and tail, as well as points on the face similar to those of a [url]german shepherd[/url]
    ShSh: Expressed example
    Shsh: Carried

Spiderwebs: strange weblike patterns that can appear anywhere on the body, most common on the face, legs and back
    SwSw: Expressed example
    Swsw: Carried

Splash: a swathe of colour that makes the hex look like they were dipped in paint
    SlSl: Expressed example
    Slsl: Carried

Varnish: greying/paling at the joints, ears, eyes and muzzle
    VrVr: Expressed example
    Vrvr: Carried

White spotting: *must show some portion of the base (can't go more than 75% covered)*
    Present: W₁W₁, or W₁w₁
    not present: w₁w₁
      Non-Gene White patterns:
      Chest: white covering the chest/underbelly
      Socks: white covering feet/forelegs
      Locket: a splash of white on the neck
      Blaze: wide band of white going up the muzzle
      Appaloosa: white matching that of an [url]appaloosa[/url]horse
      Tobiano: A patch of white around the torso, similar to that of a [url]tobiano[/url]horse
      Overo: White taking up the sides and flanks of the hex, similar to that of an [url]overo[/url] horse
      Throat: Where the entire neck is white, ending at the head and shoulders

Wing: a marking that starts out broad at the shoulder and thins toward the end of the flank, mimicking a bird’s wings
    WgWg: Expressed example
    Wgwg: Carried

Zebra: vertical stripes along back that fade toward chest and underbelly
    ZbZb: Expressed example
    Zbzb: Carried

**Markings are open to stylisation and artists discretion, they won't look exactly like the given examples

Non-Gene markings:
    **These are not on a roller or carried on genes, the artist will add them at their own discretion

Ear spots: Two spots on the back of the ears
    False Eyes: Any number of pale spots positioned below the eyes
    Nose Bridge: Horizontal stripes going across the nose bridge
    Unnatural mark: A small marking in an unnatural shape (hearts, flowers, stars, etc.)
    Mask: Dark marking covering the face
    Half mask: A dark marking that covers the lower half of the face, stopping at the eyes
Last edited by ajax. on Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:06 am, edited 19 times in total.
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Helgrim - A Fantasy ARPG - DNP

Postby SurgeFire » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:01 am

👁👁 u kno i marki
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saraphena » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:01 am

yes i like very much
      big mark
saraphena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby metanoia. » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:02 am

chubby mark.

i think i am in luv.
note;; acro owes me a baby seal
metanoia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fairusa » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:10 am

definite mark!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
fairusa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Helgrim - A Fantasy ARPG

Postby kiffell » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:14 am

mark 👀
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH!
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me