Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Shady's Character Contest! by ShadyBro

Artist ShadyBro [gallery]
Time spent 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by ferncat

by friday

Shady's Character Contest!

Postby ShadyBro » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:50 am

Hey guys! I decided to hold a little contest in search of some new original characters c: Please feel free to mark or ask any questions you might have.
What I'm looking for; awesome original characters from you guys! How to enter; draw an entry and post it with the form below! What you could win; you get to pick your prize from C$, DA Points, Pets, or Art Trades!

Rules
    - Only use this to enter the contest, do not color in here for anything else
    - Please post all entries using the form I provided below
    - If you end up wanting to keep your design or sell it or whatever you are welcome to do so, but you must write it into the description so that I am aware
    - Off-oekaki entries or traditional drawing entries are totally fine! If you can use oekaki to post a 'drawing below' entry please do so, if not you can post them here
    - You may use premade lines/editables for this if you want to, just be sure to credit the line artist properly (please follow the above rule for posting designs made with premade lines/editables)
    - Do not copy other folks entries or steal designs/ideas from anyone
    - I will add more rules as needed or as people ask questions about this; feel free to ask if you are confused about something!
When posting your entries please include some information with it. This includes;
    - Your username (you can add your toyhouse/da/ect usernames here if preferred, for proper credit)
    - Character/entry description (add in any ideas or details about the character or design if you want, this is optional though!)
    - Resale/retrade (whether or not you would allow the character to be resold or traded, and if so what currencies/values would be allowed. please be honest here, if you don't want the character resold at any point just let me know, I won't be discouraged in picking them for that!)
    - Prefered payment (please include ALL payment options you would be comfortable with, C$, CS Pets, DA Points, Art Trade, Character Design Trade, Species Lineart Trade, or anything else that you may be interested in!)

[Please post all entries with this form!]
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Entry Description (Optional):[/b]
[b]Available For Resale or Retrade?:[/b] [Yes/No - Other]
[b]Prefered Payment:[/b] [C$, Art, Pets, DA Points, Other]

Prizes!
Every entrant may pick one pet from my TRADE GROUP just as a thank you for entering (just send your trade request one you have posted a completed entry, you don't have to ask first ^^)

Now for what you're looking forward to - what are the prizes? Since I will be picking multiple winners as entries come in, the prizes will be a menagerie of different things to reflect what I may have available at the time.
You have the choice to pick the form of currencies you would like to receive if I pick your entry, and can of course mix different currencies if desired. This includes;

C$ - Average of 25C$ up to 100C$ per character (maybe more maybe less depending on quality).

CS Pets - I will be paying in bulk with any desired pets from my TRADE GROUP, and will be offering rares from my RARES DOUBLES. These pets will change often, so be sure to have multiple choices in mind when posting an entry for CS pets.

DA Points - Average of 100-500 DA Points pet character (maybe more maybe less depending on quality).

Art Trade - I am offering three art trade options: 1, I can create art of one of your characters ranging from headshots to fullbodies per entry. 2, I can draw a custom original character for you in exchange per entry. 3, I can draw a custom set of oekaki species/adoptable lines per entry.
Please be sure to list any and all currencies you would be interested in when posting your entries, and what your preferred range of value is. This contest runs on a sort of 'pick your own prize' type thing, and I want to make sure you receive what you want if I decide to pick your character c:

So - What Am I Looking For?
Honestly, it is hard to say what exactly will be an easy win here. I am up for nearly anything and the main reason I'm running this contest is because I want to expand my characters beyond what I am used to. I want new, interesting, and unique characters. That isn't to say that I don't have a type, and to make it a little easier, I will list some of my likes down below. But don't let me these box you in! Get creative and have some fun here <3
And please note - you don't have to be the most amazing artist ever to win! I'm judging these entirely off of the quality of the character design itself, not the quality of the drawing itself. Even traditional entries are perfectly fine c;

(For feral - anthro or human versions of feral characters are also okay.)
    - Canine hybrids
    - Hybrid species in general
    - 'Farmed' animals
    - 'Unloved' species (rats, bats, spiders, snakes, etc)
    - Horns/antlers/spikes
    - Exaggerated anatomy (thin spindly delicate/chonky stubby wobble)
    - Wings of all sorts
    - Multiple limbs/eyes/bits/etc
    - Totally natural and realistic animals
    - Totally wild mythical alienistic creatures
    - Naturally patterned with unnatural bits/highlights minimal markings
    - Missing limbs/eyes/bits/etc (respectfully)
    - Super fluffy bits with otherwise short fur
    - Small simple items
    - Glowy/sparkly/ethereal
    - Element themes
    - Literally anything???

(For anthro-human. Please note I am unlikely to pick purely plain jane human characters, I tend to prefer ferals, however I do like human-animal hybrid type characters or shapeshifter based humans quite a bit. I have very few of these so they will be a sort of easy win if they are done well.)
    - Unique hairstyles, either very short or very very long
    - White hair on darker skin, playfully colored hair on lighter skin
    - Cutsey modern, flowy/flowery, emo/goth, or rustic grunge fashions (I like standout themes rather than plain clothes!)
    - Very pale white skin tones or very vibrant/lively dark skin tones
    - Freckly bits, skin patterns, !vitiligo!
    - Heterochromia and playfully colored/designed eyes
    - Horns/antler/weird teeth/claws
    - Tails or wings in human form
    - Humanized paw-like hands/feet
    - If purely human, lil animal companions

Dislikes:
    - Purely neon colored unnatural designs
    - Way too complicated/impossible to replicate patterns
    - Overdone or plain characters (simple patterns are fine though!)
    - Things I already have (feel free to look through my characters)
    That's about it. I really am open to just about anything! So go nuts c;
Last edited by ShadyBro on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Shady's Character Contest!

Postby jointedwishes » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:58 am

makr :0

Last bumped by ShadyBro on Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:58 am.
jointedwishes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me