Silas Runekeepers {v.2} ◇ Artist Comp {OPEN} by scythe.

Based on Click to view
Artist scythe. [gallery]
Time spent 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Silas Runekeepers {v.2} ◇ Artist Comp {OPEN}

Postby scythe. » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:27 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
main pagearchive/bankstorenurseryartist compcustoms/transfersquests
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

xxxxx⤷ [ 𝕊ᴀʟᴜᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴs! ]
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
hello, and welcome to the Silas Runekeepers v.2 artist competition! entering is easy, just read the rules below and
fill out the form. post it here on this thread, then you can start designing as many entries as you'd like!
the artist search is currently: OPEN
last GA selection: feb. 1st, 2020 // next GA selection: mar. 1st, 2020

xxxxx⤷ [ ℂᴏᴍᴘᴇᴛɪᴛɪᴏɴ 𝕀ɴғᴏ ]

xxxxxxxxxxrules
xxxxxxxxxxxxxmain adopt rules apply, as do cs/oekaki rules.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxall entries must be on oekaki.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxdon't post entries under a cover; they will get buried.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxyou may not use these lines for any purpose other than entries for this artist competition.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxthe only exception to the rule above is if another user is hosting a contest for a silas custom.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxunder no circumstances should you copy an existing design for an entry. all work here should be original.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxyou are free to make as many edits as you like to the lines, so long as they are listed with their respective rarity.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxyou may make completely unique lines for a couple entries, but the majority should be on the base provided.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxthe 'fake' sign should remain visible no matter what.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxall silas have a crystalline heart and a glowing rune somewhere on their body.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxremember to fill in the 'reference' layer info in each entry!

xxxxxxxxxxabout custom tokens
xxxxxxxxxxxxxwhen you post an entry, please be sure to include in your post whether it's up for claims or not.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxif a user has a custom token of the same rarity as an entry that is up for claims, they may use that token.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxyou may not claim an entry unless you have a token of equal rarity in the bank.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxif a user has a custom token of the same rarity as an entry that is up for claims, they may use that token.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxat this point, the claiming user would follow the instructions in the claiming form at the bottom of this post.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxentrants whose designs are claimed will receive a shard for each claimed design.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxif mods notice a trend that suggests farming for shards, you will receive a warning.

xxxxxxxxxxguest artist rules & perks
xxxxxxxxxxxxxif you are selected as a guest artist, you will have two calendar months to make up to eight adopts.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxtwo of these silas may have uncommon traits; the rest should be entirely common and under.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxthe ratio of paid:free should be around 60:40. if the full 8 are made, that's 5 paid and 3 free.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxyou may make runner ups for any contests, with approval from a moderator or official artist.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxrunner-up adopts do not count towards your limit of eight allowed adopts.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxyou will keep anything you earn from paid adopts.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxthere should be no difference in quality between free and paid adopts.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxguest artists will also earn custom tokens based on how many silas they create during their two months.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxtwo silas = standard token | four silas = common token | six silas = uncommon token | eight silas = rare token
xxxxxxxxxxxxxafter two months have passed, existing silas staff will vote on whether or not to make you a full artist.

xxxxxxxxxxhow to enter
xxxxxxxxxxxxxbefore posting an entry, please fill out the artist form at the bottom of this post and post it on this thread.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxentrants who do not have the form filled out and posted here will not be considered.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxonce the form is filled out, you can start designing entries! be sure to say whether each can be claimed.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxalso be sure to link back to your form on each entry, and to update your form with each new entry you post.

xxxxx⤷ [ 𝔽ᴏʀᴍs ]
this first form is for artist applicants.
Code: Select all
[b][u]I'd like to be a guest artist![/u][/b]
[size=85][b]username:[/b] (for easy searching!)
[b]discord:[/b] (just put 'yes' or 'no' based on whether you're willing to communicate with discord. if you win I'll ask you for that info via pm. c:)
[b]timezone:[/b]
[b]prior design experience:[/b] (designs you're proud of, previous work you've done for closed species, etc)
[b]entries:[/b] (in chronological order; should be blank when this form is first posted.)[/size]

this second form is for those who'd like to claim an open design. post this on the thread of the entry you'd like to claim and pm it to a silas mod so we can approve the claim and update the bank/archive.
Code: Select all
[b][u]I'd like to claim a design![/u][/b]
[size=85][b]username:[/b]
[b]proof of token:[/b]
[b]link to entry:[/b] (ignore if posting on entry thread)[/size]
Last edited by scythe. on Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Silas Runekeepers {v.2} ◇ Artist Comp {OPEN}

Postby Camouflaged Leafeon » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:13 am

I have a question, what runes can be used? Can we use actual runes from real life, or do we have make our own? And is there a certain amount of runes allowed to be on one silas? And is there certain colors that we can use? Oh, and does the runes we use have to mean anything, or can we just use runic symbols and make up a meaning for it?
Camouflaged Leafeon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scythe. » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:42 am

Camouflaged Leafeon wrote:I have a question, what runes can be used? Can we use actual runes from real life, or do we have make our own? And is there a certain amount of runes allowed to be on one silas? And is there certain colors that we can use? Oh, and does the runes we use have to mean anything, or can we just use runic symbols and make up a meaning for it?

hi there! :D
Sorry for not clarifying this stuff in the original post, it hadn’t even crossed my mind! Thank you for the questions!

Anything can be used as a rune - a vague symbol, shapes, a little design, a little animal/plant, there really isn’t a limit besides that it shouldn’t have significant modern meaning (no flags, words, or numbers, only very abstract pentagrams/crosses/other religious symbols, constellations and stuff like norse runes are ok so long as you don’t use them to spell/mean anything. Think of runes like hieroglyphs - shapes and symbols and little pictures that mean something, but like heck can anyone besides experts read them.) It should also only take up 20-30% of the Silas’s body at most, with 5-10% being more common. You’re free to make up any meaning for the runes, but even that’s completely optional - it can just be something that fits with the design if you’d like!

There can be multiple runes on a Silas, that’s fine! Having multiple runes or no rune at all is considered a rare trait and would need to b listed as such on the entry, but it’s absolutely allowed. c:

And Silas may be any colors! They’re essentially magic ferrets, there really aren’t many limits besides that it has to have a visible crystalline heart and it should have one rune (rarely more/less) somewhere.
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thiqq » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:18 pm

m !!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx staff for
xxxxImage
xxxxcustoms open

xxda. | artshop. | ©

thiqq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raw_Silver_Studios » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:43 pm

I'd like to be a guest artist!
username: Raws_Silver_Studios
discord: No, but i cant get one!
timezone: Pacific
prior design experience: I've been an artist/guest artist for:
Anubian Jackals
Demol
The Axis
Nightmares
Calvent Dragons
Tiger Adoptions
Stranac dragons
Maned Valehounds

entries:
#1 #2
Last edited by Raw_Silver_Studios on Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
Raw_Silver_Studios

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alphatoros » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:19 pm

username: alphatoros
discord: yes c:
timezone: AET
prior design experience: Generally I use more simplistic designs, so this will kinda be my first proper time designing somewhat detailed ones (lord save us all)
entries: 1 2 3
Last edited by alphatoros on Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Most call me Alpha, but I also go by Toro.
they/her ★ asexual ★ panromantic

My RP Characters | Character Hub | Insta
alphatoros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:30 am

username: Loelya
discord: yes
timezone: EST
prior design experience: design 1 - design 2 - design 3 - species design - transfer work 1 - transfer work 2
entries: entry 1 - entry 2 - entry 3
Last edited by Loelya on Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archery_TPC » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:54 am

username: Archery_TPC
discord: Yes C:
timezone: NZST
prior design experience: Most art I have done has been fairly simple, and I really want to improve my art so I'm going to be trying more difficult designs ;w;
entries:
old account, stopped playing like a solid few years ago 👍
Archery_TPC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panda-Love-100 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:07 am