Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

✦ Kitula Adopts ✦ by Loelya

Artist Loelya [gallery]
Time spent 22 hours, 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 14
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Loelya

by Loelya

by Loelya

by Loelya

by Loelya

by Loelya

✦ Kitula Adopts ✦

Postby Loelya » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:01 am

Navigation:Main ThreadArchive

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

What is a Kitula?
Kitula are feline creatures born from nebulas, typically either when a star is formed, or when a star dies. Kitula born from forming stars are of the subspecies Stellar, and Kitula born from dying stars are of the subspecies Quasar.
The two subspecies are not innate enemies, but it is common to see them on the opposite sides of territory disputes.

They can do a lot of things your average cat can do - meow, growl, hiss, purr, and hunt - and they make their family tribes in fields of asteroids, linked together by stardust bridges. Their prey are small rodent-like creatures formed from solar emissions, and they can raise litters among their nests of crystals and starsilk.

Kitula do not have inborn gender, but they can choose to go by any pronoun that best suits them.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───
Last edited by Loelya on Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 41 times in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Design ✦

Postby Loelya » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:02 am

✦ Stellar vs Quasar ✦

The only discernible differences between the two subspecies of first gen Kitula are their energy waves (invisible to the naked eye) and their coat colors.
Stellar Kitula have been discovered possessing the coat colors navy, white, and gold, as well as whatever comes between. Quasar Kitula have only been spotted with coat colors ranging from gray to red to wine, with nary a brighter color in their spectrum.

The accent fur on Kitula manes, anklets, and tails however, appears to come in any color imaginable, as does their eye colors.
A Kitula's eye color will be reflected in their star charms, tongue color, and paw pads, as well as affect the color of starsilk they are able to weave.

✦ Traits & Rarities ✦

Accent fur coverage
Less (common) <------------------------> More (rare)

Star Charms
Five Point (standard) - - - Four Point (common) - - - Cluster (uncommon) - - - Sunspot (rare)
*If a Kitula's star charms are any other shape, they are classified as an Anomaly!*

✦ Possible Mutations ✦

No rarity
Standard gradient colors, accent fur color, eye color, coat pattern, coat length, expression, scars, up to two diagonal missing limbs.

Uncommon
Tail length, multi-colored eyes/charms, nonstandard pupils, stardust/starsilk, fangs, claws.

Rare
Tail type, ear type, feathered wings, smooth horns, spines, extra charms, bioluminescence.

Mystical
Elemental powers, glowing eyes, transparency on the body, extra limbs, multiple tails, albinism, some variations of rare traits such as antler/ram horns, other wing types, etc.

Anomaly
Unique star charm shapes, number of eyes less than or greater than three (3), other substances replacing accent fur (clouds, slime, etc), coat color that does not fall in standard gradients.

What is an Anomaly?
An Anomaly is a special type of Kitula that was born from unusual circumstances; usually in nebulas with a great deal of star activity and radiation. They have very strange traits that do not fit the standard for the species! They are neither Stellar nor Quasar, and cannot be bred to other Kitula (not even to other Anomalies.) But they are known to be very friendly and may even decide to come home with you, if you're friendly in return.

Making Starsilk
Kitula's pawpads emit a colorful glow that matches their eyes, and when they knead their paws into the dust of the asteroid fields they call home, they weave a beautiful, soft material known as Starsilk.
Starsilk is primarily used to build nests to raise litters, but it also is used in the process by which Kitula make their bridges to grow their tribes and extend their territory.

If left undisturbed for a period of time, strands of woven Starsilk will grow crystalline formations, known as Star Shards. Star Shards are then either used to decorate homes or are crushed into Stardust, and a mix of Starsilk and Stardust is used in the construction of bridges and stepping stones.

A happy, healthy tribe with many members will have bridges and crystals in all colors imaginable. Each individual Kitula's pawpad color will shine through in the structures they helped to create.
Last edited by Loelya on Thu May 23, 2024 5:01 pm, edited 33 times in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ FAQ ✦

Postby Loelya » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:03 am

stuff goes here
Last edited by Loelya on Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:26 am, edited 9 times in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Affiliates ✦

Postby Loelya » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:04 am

send me a pm to exchange stamps if you’d like!

Kitula Banner (if you'd like to show support!)
Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4212616][img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/100x75q90/923/sIeaYX.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by Loelya on Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:28 am, edited 8 times in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Kitula Adopts ✦

Postby Loelya » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:05 am

-- open for marking! --
Last edited by Loelya on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✦ Kitula Adopts ✦ (marking open)

Postby Hyperotreti » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:20 am

mark! ✨
♥ she/her, call me Treti
character home
Hyperotreti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CosmicDoge » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:23 pm

Mark!
CosmicDoge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plan(e)ts » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:41 am

Mark ^^
plan(e)ts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby startail;; » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:31 am

mark :)

startail;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gh0st » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:40 am

Mark!
Image Image Image Image

Image\ImageImage ImageImage Image will probably redesign this at some point.
I have a TH but idk if i'll link it-
Gh0st

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me