Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Monochromatic by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
29 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Monochromatic

Postby Swirlshine » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:28 pm

Okay, well... this... took me waaaaayyyyy longer than I thought?! Making water look like, uh, water is the definition of difficult for me, seriously! o.o

Anywho, this was going to be a MUCH simpler picture of Scatterdrop or my random filler-cat or something. It was still going to be monochromatic (it's just been an idea I've had for a while), but I can't seem to draw cat bodies well today or something, because neither of those worked out. :1
Finally, I just decided to do some realism and make something that didn't focus so much on exact lines, and this was the result! I typically use references and just try to redraw the photo as well, but I didn't do anything like that this time, which was a huge change for me! I did get get some inspiration from a background on the audio of a song I was listening to at some point, and this gorgeous photo helped me with the water, but apart from that, this is my own creation, and I'm REALLY proud of it, wow. It's really hard for me to make realistic art in general, and even more so sometimes when doing it digitally, so the fact that this worked out is... insane, really!

Well, uh, I'm taking a risk putting this in Intermediate - I hope it belongs hereeee?? I made another realistic piece of a puddle a while back and put it in Intermediate, so I decided to try with this one too! I'm always nervous my stuff's nowhere near good enough to put in here, because, well, I have a very cartoon-y style, and I don't typically do a ton of texture or anything like that. I don't really want to change my whole style just for a category though - I like my style the way it is, honestly! This is different though, so idk, I'm gonna hope for the best! <3

I forget how accurate the timer is, sorry ;-; I drew this with a trackpad (yes, I'm one of those people, XD), and please don't steal this in any way! Tysm, and have a wonderful day everyone!! c;

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Monochromatic

Postby JK341 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:31 pm

oh man i love the eerie vibe that this gives off! Perfect for october coming up in a couple of days! ^^
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ye Olde Granny » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:34 pm

I think you did an amazing job on this! I find it to be very peaceful looking. Wish I lived on a lake like that!
Jesus loves you!

Ye Olde Granny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:08 pm

Oh my gosh Swirl O.O This looks like it could be a poster or something?! It gives off such an eerie and cool look ahh :o

IT SERIOUSLY SHOULD BE FEATURED.
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ja986 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:55 pm

Oh my gosh this is sooo pretty!
✞ I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it.
I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." And He stretched his arms on the arms on the cross and died. ✞

Silence is our enemy, our voices can end it.
Ja986

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kittycentral~ » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:43 pm

This is absolutely stunning! I love that subtle line of light right where the water and mountains meet, along with that reflection in the water. Beautiful composition. :D
Kittycentral~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:22 pm

J-and-K341 wrote:oh man i love the eerie vibe that this gives off! Perfect for october coming up in a couple of days! ^^

Oh wow, you’re right! Ha, that wasn’t even intentional - guess it was destined to match the month, XDD!
Thank you so much btw!!
Ye Olde Granny wrote:I think you did an amazing job on this! I find it to be very peaceful looking. Wish I lived on a lake like that!

Aww, thank you so much! I’d definitely wanna live somewhere like this as well - I imagine watching the sunset by it would be gorgeous, ahh <33
.Kira Nightblade. wrote:Oh my gosh Swirl O.O This looks like it could be a poster or something?! It gives off such an eerie and cool look ahh :o

IT SERIOUSLY SHOULD BE FEATURED.

OM, you think sooooo?! Ahh, thank you Sarah!! That means a lot! <3
Ja986 wrote:Oh my gosh this is sooo pretty!

Tysmmmm Ja, gah! <3
Kittycentral~ wrote:This is absolutely stunning! I love that subtle line of light right where the water and mountains meet, along with that reflection in the water. Beautiful composition. :D

Oh, thank you so so much!!! That means a lot coming from you, it really does! <3

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chloe Grace » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:11 am

Can I just say this is crazy amazing? Never mind the fact that you did this with a track pad, it's insane. :O This looks so gorgeous!!! It looks all misty and eerie. <333 I really love the way the moon looks. XD It's shading looks so good!
Chloe Grace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 22tabby » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:13 am

This needs a feature! This is so beautiful, and realistic too!
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
being a sheep leads to boredom, being a wolf leads to loneliness. one must choose their fate carefully.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
No one will change the person
I am. The person I've become.
And none should try to. Ever.

──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
Coding by косатка.
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

"what i do is temporary, but what i leave behind is forever." - Markiplier
22tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:29 am

Chloe Grace wrote:Can I just say this is crazy amazing? Never mind the fact that you did this with a track pad, it's insane. :O This looks so gorgeous!!! It looks all misty and eerie. <333 I really love the way the moon looks. XD It's shading looks so good!

Ahh, thank youuuuuu Chloe!! ;-; And I’m glad you like how the moon looks too - I’m pretty proud of that part tbh? <33
22tabby wrote:This needs a feature! This is so beautiful, and realistic too!

Oh gosh, thank you, wow! ;-; That means a lot!!

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me