Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[ ᴇɴᴛᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍsᴄᴀᴘᴇ 404 ] - ᴀʀᴘɢ // WIP by redskyharbinger

Artist redskyharbinger [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

[ ᴇɴᴛᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍsᴄᴀᴘᴇ 404 ] - ᴀʀᴘɢ // WIP

Postby redskyharbinger » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:58 am

--- ᴍᴀɪɴ ᴘᴀɢᴇ - sʜᴏᴘs - ᴍʏᴏs/ᴄᴜsᴛᴏᴍs - ɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴛᴀʀᴛᴇʀ ---
--- ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ sᴇᴀʀᴄʜ - ʀᴜʟᴇs - ʀᴀʀɪᴛɪᴇs - sᴛᴀғғ - ᴍɪsᴄ ---

☆☆☆
welcome to the world of dreamscapes. we hope you have a good time here before waking up and forgetting about this place.

☆☆☆

''hello! i'll be the one who will be guiding you. you are dreaming right now... and you are in the hallway. beyond each of the doors you see is a unique miniverse, or... a separate room. each one has.. different rules, different creatures that inhabit it. come on, take a look, dreamer! you could even take one of them with you to help you in your adventures of exploring each miniverse and everything they have to offer. don't be scared. the creatures don't bite... well, most of them don't...''
☆☆☆
Last edited by redskyharbinger on Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 8 times in total.
redskyharbinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ᴘʟᴀʏ // ʀᴜʟᴇs ]

☆☆☆
[ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ᴘʟᴀʏ ]
☆☆☆

''ah, it's time to meet again. i suppose that now you're here, i'll have to tell you how things work here. i'm not good at explanations so i'll let my buddy, Biscuit, explain the rules, basics and how-to's of this.. 'game'.''
☆☆☆
''hey there!! as good ol' Simba said, i'm here to tell ya aaaaall about the rules, the basics and the how-to's of your adventure here!! during your stay here you will befriend a number of creatures and make a team. once you complete ''the final task'' and successfully manage to get to the so called area ''dreamscape 404'' and figure out a way out of the pitch black forest, you'll be free to go and keep your buddies that stuck around. however, if you wish to stay, you're free to do that also! there's still going to be plenty of tasks and prompts you could do for fun that will level up your creatures. each time you level up you will recieve items that will help you along the way.''
☆☆☆
''entering dreamscape 404'' is an ARPG mostly based around character and world development and crafting items that will help you along the way to... actually entering dreamscape 404 successfully and finding the pathway between this multiverse of dreamscapes and reality. for each area there will be a shop with area-exclusive items, and also items that can be found anywhere. once you have enough items to craft a craftable item, you'll have to return to the hallway, where Simba and Biscuit (the dog and cat silhoutte NPC's) usually stay, and they will help you craft the desired item. to begin your journey to dreamscape 404, you will first need a starter creature that you will be free to make whenever you desire.
☆☆☆
[ ʀᴜʟᴇs]
☆☆☆

1. all CS rules apply.
2. to participate, you must have a storage where you keep record of all of the creatures you've adopted and all of the items you've gained. register your storage [url=x]here[/url].
3. please respect your fellow dreamers.
4. do not copy other designs. you may use a premade character as your starters or MYO's, but you will have to PM night夜 to ask about it first, and once you get permission you are free to post the art of your character under a cover on the starters/MYO's thread.
5. you may base your starter/myo off a media character, but please only take inspiration rather than just tranferring the design onto a creature of your choice.
6. you may commission or request official or unofficial artists to make your starters or MYO's. official artists may sometimes have free request slots if they desire.
7. creatures in this world may resemble absolutely anything. humans, demons, dogs, cats, hybrids, whatever comes to your mind! just please try not to include major gore.
☆☆☆
Last edited by redskyharbinger on Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
redskyharbinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ʀᴀʀɪᴛɪᴇs ]

☆☆☆
[ ʀᴀʀɪᴛɪᴇs ]
☆☆☆

rarities here do not affect the way your creatures look. they only affect their starting stats and their special abilities. each area is a different rarity, meaning that creatures that were found/created in a given area are the given rarity of said area. each rarity has a different number of stars, from 1 to 6, 6 being the highest rarity.
☆☆☆
☆ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅʀᴏᴏᴍ☆
generic

description: a medium sized bedroom looking room. the ''beds'' are giant, weirdly dense pastel purple colored clouds. there is a family sized ''bed'' in the middle of the room and a ''bed'' for one singular person next to the right wall. near the smaller cloud is located a tree with odd coloration: pastel green leaves with pastel purple bark and yellow stripes. there is a small window on the left wall, a window you cannot open. the glass it is made out of distorts the reality outside that is dreamscape 404. facing the bigger bed, there is a tv placed on a green colored, presumably wooden, small wardrobe. there is a mysterious broken apart cage next to the bigger bed. you can not see where the pastel pink floor ends and where the wall starts.
-☆-
☆sᴋᴜʟʟ ᴅᴇsᴇʀᴛ☆
common
☆☆
description: a small room that looks like it once belonged to a teenager who loved collecting animal bones. the floor is covered in sand, there are cacti growing in some places. there is a tv mounted on the wall, presumably still working, but the remote has not been found. bed against one of the walls, above which can be seen a worn down photo wallpaper of what looks like to be the nightmare of a 4-5 year old child that learned you should not annoy your cat in.. the hard way. there's a small wardrobe in the corner of the room, on top of which sits what looks to be the skull of a bull. there are random bones scattered on the floor such as a ribcage of unknown origin, a cat skull, some excess bones. there are yellow lights hung on the wall where the photo wallpaper is. they are the only source of light in the room which makes for a dark, pretty, and unsettling yet calming atmosphere.
-☆-
☆ᴘʟᴀɴᴛ ɪɴғᴇsᴛᴇᴅ ᴘᴀʀᴀᴅɪsᴇ☆
uncommon
☆☆☆
description: perhaps the biggest non-endless room you'll be able to visit. as it's name suggests, it is a peaceful, plant infested room. it once used to be a living room fused with a kitchen... the glass on one of the walls that exposes the balcony distorts the light into a soft bright green color that illuminates almost every part of the room. there are a lot of different kinds of plants, although none of them are harmful. it is a generally very calming room. locals that live here are usually bugs, small reptiles, sometimes amphibians, although not limited to that. you can almost always hear a soft lullaby played on a music box play from somewhere, though you can never find it. the room has an almost... sad and calming nostalgic feel to it.
-☆-
☆ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇ ғᴏʀᴇsᴛ☆
rare
☆☆☆☆
description: a pitch black forest. a red sky. it is not an endless room, it has walls but they are hidden by the trees. the sky is an unreachable ceiling. it has got a creepy atmosphere, although it is peaceful in its own way. one should not stay there for too long as there are dangerous chemicals in the air that are almost harmless, but breathing in too much can be fatal. you can equip yourself with a mask that allows you to stay there for a much longer time.
-☆-
☆ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍsᴄᴀᴘᴇ 404☆
legendary
☆☆☆☆☆
description: the only truly endless room. the only true exit and the only true way to enter the dreamscape multiverse. only the ones who have excellent navigation skills and a creature that emits light to guide them through the pitch black forest can get to the exit that is also the way to go back once you exit. not many have went there as it is hard to find the path to it. some say that to get to it you have to find a secret passage somewhere in the plant infested paradise, or you have to give Simba a specific item so he will guide you there. there is a singular working computer outside that lets you contact people who are close to you and are not in the dreamscape multiverse.
-☆-
☆ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀʟʟᴡᴀʏ☆
godly
☆☆☆☆☆☆
description: a hallway with many doors, each leading to all different rooms you can access. it is a place where only the highest ranked creatures will stay, such as the cat and the dog that will guide you through your adventures. those 2 practically take care of the whole place and everyone in it. creatures found in this area are often extremely intelligent and have extremely high stats.
-☆-
☆☆☆
Last edited by redskyharbinger on Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
redskyharbinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ sᴛᴀғғ ]

Postby redskyharbinger » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:59 am

☆☆☆
☆ᴏᴡɴᴇʀ☆

night夜
☆ᴄᴏ-ᴏᴡɴᴇʀ☆
comfetti
☆ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀs☆
n/a other than owner and co-owner
☆ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛs☆
night夜
comfetti
☆☆☆
Last edited by redskyharbinger on Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
redskyharbinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ᴍɪsᴄ. ]

Postby redskyharbinger » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:59 am

☆ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪsᴄ. ᴄᴏʀɴᴇʀ ᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏsᴛ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏ ɪɴ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴘᴏsᴛs ɢᴏᴇs :)
here's where i'll be putting stamps, giftlines, notes from staff, etc. if this ARPG ever grows and we happen to get to make/recieve fan stamps and giftlines. credits for most stuff will also be put here! for now here's some notes from, me, night夜!

night夜; 26.8.2019
when i say this is dream based i mean it's based off a dream i had and some of the rooms are based on other separate dreams i've had... except dreamscape 404. that one is kinda based off of my friend's dream... and some rooms are ones i've just made up without having to have dreamt of. now, i'd like to say that the NPC cat and dog are based off of my own 2 pets i have irl, the cat named Simba and the dog, you guessed it - Biscuit. the personilies of the NPC's are also mostly based around the way the 2 act.. and the layout of the hallway and all the rooms is mildly based off of the layout of the apartament i live in as of writing this

credits: welcome image and Simba/Biscuit NPC talking sprites by night夜, separate sprites turned into gifs with the help of comfetti
Last edited by redskyharbinger on Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
redskyharbinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [ entering dreamscape 404 ] - ARPG // WIP

Postby redskyharbinger » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:00 am

last reserved post! just in case. you're free to mark now :)
hi i draw and do the art of the animals and the beasts . enjoy
redskyharbinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 67Phlox » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:31 am

Dream based? I'm curious what you mean by that.
Marking for later. :D
Adult, "artist", currently studying digital art in college.
healthpoints on Flight Rising if you wanna add me, no other social media atm

Sorry for my anxiety getting in the way of things and for being strange at times. I promise I mean well.
67Phlox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oblivionis » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:54 am

mark mark :big eye emoji:
oblivionis