Artist fruitvale [gallery]
Time spent 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

tips !!

Postby fruitvale » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:23 am

wait gotta fix 1 sec LOL
notes will b here in a sec

- whenever im shading a body on oekaki, i usually duplicate the color layer -> lockalpha -> color in w/ shade -> erase the parts i don't want shaded, either with the flat eraser or the faded eraser -> multiply/burn/darken !
- and whenever i add the highlight to a character, i use a light yellow or light blue and add ! for this i just use the pencil on a low opacity w/ the round soft edge and highlight places like the cheeks, forehead, nose, chin, shoulders, and prominent parts of clothing.
- on a character with fur, i always add smaller flecks of shading/lighting, even if it's vague or not so precise ! like on this drawing here, along the hair and ears. it gives the impression of texture even though its not there and helps lessen the flat appearance. also it looks soft gjhlkgkldlkgd
- the colors i use in a drawing usually are incorporated in the piece somewhere else, but if not, it creates a nice contrast ! like blue/purple shade against a warm colored background. if i want it all to come together more, i just create another layer over the whole piece, either with overlay or multiply -> erase lightened parts of it. i use this when im too lazy to get detailed with shading haha
- sometimes when im struggling with multiple characters or a complex one, i tend to draw an arrow showing where the light is coming from !
- dont be afraid to goof around and experiment to find what suits your style best ! taking inspiration from other artists' techniques can help yours most of all.
Last edited by fruitvale on Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: tips !!

Postby ...Huh? » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:24 am

oMG, You draw Lennow so cutee ;0000000;;;;;;;;;;;;;<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
tYSM
...Huh?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: tips !!

Postby fruitvale » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:26 am

oh no. wrote:oMG, You draw Lennow so cutee ;0000000;;;;;;;;;;;;;<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

THAN K U nowif i werent so dumb i could fix this ahha
when i am done ill most likely doodle lennow ! vv cute
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me