My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: blending style 1

Postby khenney » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:28 am

Just a tip. I've noticed that most tobiano, overo, and splash horses look good with he third style you used. Like you said it retains detail while still having that extra pop without the work. Though, I will admit I absolutely love your first style on overos. It reminds me of how a lot of Mustangs look.
For other patterns like appy, sabino, and belton/ermin/pawtracks look better with your first blending style. They are a much softer pattern and your style really suits them. I struggle a lot when making sabino because I lack the softness. I've tried and just looks so messy.

Sorry if I misspelled anything. On a bumpy road
Art commissions and trades are closed. I just don't have time guys, I'm so sorry

I am an adult player

You can call me Khen, CG, or Bailee
I have a son (adult player,) 2 mutts, fish, chickens, and a goat. I'm prone to medical problems. If you ever need help with equine genetics just send me a message and I will help if I can. If not I will give my best guess and provide resources
If you have a pressing art request, pm me, chances are I'll atleast atempt it

Character Storage¤Art Shop Page (closed)
Rest in peace Logan Admiral
khenney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: blending style 1

Postby gяεч » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:44 am

khenney wrote:Just a tip. I've noticed that most tobiano, overo, and splash horses look good with he third style you used. Like you said it retains detail while still having that extra pop without the work. Though, I will admit I absolutely love your first style on overos. It reminds me of how a lot of Mustangs look.
For other patterns like appy, sabino, and belton/ermin/pawtracks look better with your first blending style. They are a much softer pattern and your style really suits them. I struggle a lot when making sabino because I lack the softness. I've tried and just looks so messy.

Sorry if I misspelled anything. On a bumpy road

thank you^^
I'm thinking about comparing the 3rd with the 1st style with different patterns like appy, sabino, tobiano and frame on some smaller lines soon. I'm just worried if I decide to use one style for a certain pattern and another style for another pattern if I put both patterns on one horse it will clash and look extremely unrealistic :'3 I suppose I could try to merge the two styles but it'd be pretty difficult since they use different brushes etc. (plus I'm just lazy and know it'll probably take a while)

~~~ 🎨 ~~~ 🔄
gяεч

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me