Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

→ STARPATH ✦ marking ok by Canis.

Based on Click to view
Artist Canis. [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 12
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

→ STARPATH ✦ marking ok

Postby Canis. » Sun May 12, 2019 3:43 pm

main hub ✦ discord ✦ nursery ✦ artist search ✦ archive

NAVIGATION

tos & warnings
    species info
    getting started
    leveling up
    task board
    activities
you're a long way from home, aren't you, now.. ?

Welcome to STARPATH, an adoptable ARPG that encourages community involvement as well as character development, world building, and personal growth / improvement through various mediums to allow every user to partake in the game in a way they find the most enjoyable.

wip .

NOTICE BOARD

nothing posted

CURRENT EVENT

the world is quiet
Last edited by Canis. on Fri May 31, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Canis.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

→ tos and warning + ban management

Postby Canis. » Sun May 12, 2019 3:44 pm

Terms of Service
    by participating in adopts, events, and this arpg you agree to the following terms
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ✧ = summary xxxxxxxx ▪ = more detail

xxx ✦ GENERAL
      ✧ placeholdername are a closed species.
        you may NOT make your own placeholdername without a myo/custom ticket or other form of explicit permission, and even then all custom designs must be approved before becoming official and allowed to participate in the arpg

▪ while i would never dare claim ownership over all reptilian or dragon inspired closed species-- the lines, lore and concept of this particular species may only be used within this community
      ✧ all pre-existing and future chickensmoothie rules apply
      ✧ any artistic content created for starpath must follow cs rules
      ✧ rules can be modified, added, and removed as necessary
      ✧ be respectful and kind to both staff and fellow players
      ✧ harassment, negativity, or discriminatory behavior will NOT be tolerated
      ✧ give credit where credit is due, to artists and species
      ✧ you must have a storage thread to keep track of your placeholdername and items
        ▪ you may not share your storage thread with another user

▪ you are responsible for managing your storage thread, and your storage thread must be kept up to date

▪ further information on what is necessary to include in your place of storage can be found in the getting started guide
      you may not co-own or seek co-ownership for any of your placeholdername, as it would make keeping track of individual progress too difficult
    xxx ✦ FOUNDERS
      ✧ be sure to read over the information in the getting started guide
      ✧ founder slots open and close periodically. they are not an indefinite opportunity
      ✧ founders are meant to serve as an introduction into the arpg, and more or less represent your first adopt
        ▪ you may take a regular adopt as your founder ONLY IF you do not currently have a custom founder in progress

▪ if you do not have a founder form in progress and you win an adopt, that adopt automatically becomes your founder

▪ if you take a regular adopt as your founder, you CANNOT apply for a founder through the founder form
      only post your founder form once unless explicitly told to repost
      ✧ you have one month (30 days) from when your founder is posted to claim it. if you fail to, the founder will be put up for public adoption
      you only get one form founder. if you fail to claim, trade your founder away, or have them marked as deceased, you do not get another
      ✧ form founders are considered semi-customs. although you can request small details such as palette, pattern, or eye color, artists who take founder claims have a great level of freedom with the designs they produce and how they interoperate your form
      ✧ accounting for the above, do not complain about the founder you receive. custom founders are essentially a free design, and a free service provided by the artists of this arpg
    xxx ✦ TRADING
      !!! ALL OWNERSHIP CHANGES MUST BE RECORDED BOTH ON THE INDIVIDUAL PLACEHOLDERNAME'S REFERENCES AND IN THE TRANSFER THREAD TO BE VALID AND OFFICIALLY RECOGNIZED !!!
      ✧ custom/myo/form founders cannot be gifted or sold, but may be traded for another placeholdername
      ✧ you must own a regular adopt/custom/whelp for 30 days before you can trade them, but you may gift them immediately
      ✧ at this time, placeholdername's CANNOT NOT BE RESOLD. this is subject to change in the future
    xxx ✦ STAFF
      ✧ redoing

xxx ✦ DESIGNING
    xxx for a more in depth guide to designs, please refer to the species information

✧ redoing
        ▪ redoing

Warnings + Bans
    violation of the tos while participating in this arpg can and will result in strikes. if you manage to accumulate three strikes, or severely violate the terms, you will be given a full ban from the arpg. in the chance that you feel like you were wrongly given a warning / issued a ban please contact Canis privately for an appeal. a summary of the strike system is as follows:

▪ your first strike is a warning
    a strike gets added to your record, but that is the only consequence
    ▪ your second strike puts you on probation
    you will not be able to participate in the arpg, be it events, activities or adopts for two weeks following this strike
    ▪ your third strike results in a ban
    if you somehow manage to get three strikes, you will be permanently banned from starpath

should you be permanently banned from starpath, your placeholdername will not be confiscated or rehomed unless by your choice. if you choose to keep any adopts or created myos/customs you earned during your time in the arpg, they will be marked as deceased within the database and removed from the game. they will no longer be able to participate in any activities, events, breedings, contests etc, nor will they be able to earn exp, level up, or progress.

we request that you transfer the designs onto a different reference or even into a different species, if you so desire, as to not continue using the official reference image. if transferred, you should still credit the original artist for the design regardless on how you decide to transfer it.

if you have any questions about this, please pm Canis.

WARNINGS !!
      #id-url // strike number

none yet

BANS !!
      #id-url

none yet
Last edited by Canis. on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Canis.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

→ species info

Postby Canis. » Sun May 12, 2019 3:45 pm

SPECIES DOCUMENTATION

work in progress

TRAITS

non-rarity (do not pass)
      blind/deafness, missing limbs, scars or injury, weight/muscle edits, expression edits, eye shape (must remain natural), accessories (must be removable, put on separate layer)

standard
      no edits, rounded pupils, white sclera, black pupil, no quills/minor quills (back of head/neck only), single elemental affinity

unusual
      pupil edit (horizontal or vertical slit), colored sclera, colored pupil, heterochromia, slightly larger or smaller claws, minor horn edit (up to 2 small horns, head only), major quills (legs, back, tail), feather coverage (minimal), split tail (under 25%), shorter tail, small vestigial wings (incapable of flight), eye glow, short dragon whiskers, minor back spikes (small, along spine only), minor body spikes (small, single line along upper back (symmetrical)), minimal piebald, no elemental affinity

regal
      extra iris or pupil, overgrown claws, regal horn edit (up to 2 large horns, head only), regal quills (anywhere), feather coverage (major), large wings (capable of flight), discolored blood, pineconed scales, split tail (over 25%), longer/thicker tail, up to 6 eyes (head only), marking glow (bioluminescence), long dragon whiskers, major back spikes, (large, along spine only), major piebald, albanism/melanism, chimerism, iridescence

mythic
      mythic horn edit (up to 4 large horns, head only), full feather coverage, up to 5 tails, elemental aspects (visible power), up to 8 functional limbs (not wings), eyes appearing on the body (unlimited), no eyes, major body spikes (large, anywhere), munchkinism/dwarfism, gigantisism, dual elemental affinity

ascendant
      ascendant horn edit (unlimited horns, anywhere), up to 3 heads, multiple pairs of wings (max 3 pairs, flight capable), crystal growth, plant growth, elemental influence (body), gene splicing (by strict approval only), halos, partial scale/body transparency, color changing markings, 3+ elemental affinity

* although crystal/plant growth can occur because of elemental influence, they can also occur without necessarily being a sign of it
      ** constant visible element is rare, but most [redacted] do master some control over an element during their life.

an example of an elemental aspect would be a ring of water which constantly flows around the neck or a small flame which hovers above the head, while an elemental influence is an entire limb turned to stone or undying fire that runs down the spine. among other things, of course.

banned traits
      external ears, hair or fur, fantasy pupil shapes (swirl, caution signs, hearts), unnatural body edits (goop, glass, candy), objectheads, etc
Last edited by Canis. on Sat May 30, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Canis.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

→ res

Postby Canis. » Sun May 12, 2019 3:46 pm

reserved
Canis.