Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Quiet Spring by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Quiet Spring

Postby Swirlshine » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:43 pm

"It is the calm water
In the middle of an anxious sea
Where heavy clouds part and the sunrise starts
A fire in the deepest part of me.
So I let go and in this moment, I can breathe."

~Joy (Sleeping At Last)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I honestly wish I could somehow connect some nice quiet spring nature-y sounds to this - that's rather odd to say out loud but I DOOOO OKAY. XD

Anywho, woah, look at this... THING! That I actually really really like! It was supposed to be a random little doodle in Sketches And Experiments to express some more negative feelings and whatnot, but then I realized I really wanted to make it into something good, so... here we are! XD

Honestly though, this is where I wish I could be right now. Just a nice, peaceful field on a nice day. No one around to ruin the quiet, no one there to watch my every move. Nothing but me and nature. I'd be a nice place to just... sit and be calm and reflect, you know? Definitely something I need right now, probably even more than I think I do.
But gosh... it'd really be nice to spend a day like that. It's not likely, not even a bit, but hey, at least i was able to capture some of that feeling in this art! <33

Anywho, the timer's mostly correct - I'd say maybe only about 10 minutes off at most? - and please don't steal this - thank youuuuu! <3

P.S. Just know now that if you see me drawing a cream-colored cat with a brown splash on her back, that's my filler/based-off-me character - I use her for either one, XD! c:

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Quiet Spring

Postby Rocky Road Raccoon » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:45 pm

OH MY GOODNESS
This is so beautiful! Your backround skills are amazing!! This is so perfect, ahh! And the shading on the cat? YES. It's perfect! Also I love how you drew the sun?? It's just super cool looking! And how you drew the clouds and everything really!! <33
Rocky Road Raccoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chloe Grace » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:06 am

(Sorry I've forgotten/have gotten around to commenting on your art! I hope you know I love every piece you make, though. <3)

This is so calming and beautiful!!!! I love how you drew the sun shine spot thing! (I have no idea what they're called. XD) And the cat is so small but detailed. :O I love how fitting the song lyrics are with the drawing. ^-^

Good job, Swirl!
Chloe Grace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostfairy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:31 pm

OH MY GOSH. I LOVE THIS. SO MUCH. AHHHHHHH!!!!! <33 The clouds are so fluffffyyy and I love the sun and the glow around it - ya know, the bokeh or whatever! And what a great use of the dodge tool. <333

Seriously, this is gorgeous!! <3
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me