Caribou Marks - Dominant Gene by Ovacalix

Based on Click to view
Artist Ovacalix [gallery]
Time spent 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Caribou Marks - Dominant Gene

Postby Ovacalix » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:04 am

(the image above is a loose representation and may be altered in slight)

"Caribou" is a dominant gene that always passes to offspring, and is the most common marking in the species.

Caribou - repreesented by "CrB" in genos

Caribou always expresses as lighter than the base coat, but will never be pure white, when present on a dom white or leucistic white Bou, Caribou will blend into the base coat. Caribou marks may express a soft two color gradient of shades lighter than the base coat.

Caribou should not look unnatural to the base coat, and should not be too saturated in color.

- when Melanism is present, Caribou expresses as darker than the base coat. Caribou, when coupled with melanism, can express a gradient of shades darker than the base coat. Caribou with melanism will never be pure black, and when present on a black caribou, will blend in with the base coat.

- when Chimerism is present, Caribou will express chimersim as well with two distinct coats, following the rules above. The coats will not fade into each other as a gradient, but instead with distinct boundaries.

- Caribou ALWAYS expressed UNDER white marks such as tobiano, overo, and appaloosa.

- Caribou will always express over markings such as: Bloodmark, Somatic, Marble Somatic, wolverine and Birdcatcher spots
he/him | adult | artist and dork
inactive - if you need to get in contact with me, I am on dA
♦| best friend | ♦ | boombox |♦

Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me