Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

✏️ Species Contest ✏️ WINNER ANNOUNCED by Tatangi

Based on Click to view
Artist Tatangi [gallery]
Time spent 33 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

✏️ Species Contest ✏️ WINNER ANNOUNCED

Postby Tatangi » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:31 am

Want a chance at a custom Owlie? Check out the Update onPG 4

Species Design Contest

Hello there! I've decided to try again with finding someone to do lines for my species. This time, however, I have a very good idea of what I want, but lack the artistic talent to draw it. This is why it's a "draw my species" instead of "design my species" type of title. I'm going to let you know what I'm looking for, what the rules are, and then let you know the prize. (yes, just one!) Since this is the same species, I'm only going to be picking one winner for this contest. I don't plan on using any other lines so there's no reason to award more than one prize. The end date for this contest is May 5th everyone gets a participation prize from their WL!

New End Date is: May 19th!
This should give everyone plenty of time to finish their entries or to make adjustments! End date was extended because of others saying they needed more time. This will be the only extension this contest gets!

What I'm Looking for
- Color Layers
- Species Lines
- Nursery Lines
- PSD Files
- High Quality Work
Optionals
- Species Trait Layers
- Nursey Line Trait layers
- Covers for Species and/or Nursery
The Species Information
Owlies are a species of Owl Griffins that can vary in size depending on where they are raised. They can be anywhere from the size of a house cat to the size of buses. The more space they have, the bigger they will grow. Their diet consists of meat, but they are also known to eat berries and fruits. They prefer to live in snowy areas, but they have been seen around the world in many climates. What sets these creatures apart from other owl griffins is their fondness of humans and other creatures. Once one has bonded to you, they are extremely difficult to get rid of. They are usually great companions for adventurers since they can be taught magic.

Standard Traits
- Tail
- Owl Face
- Lynx Like Paws
- Lynx Like Ears
- Front Paw Claws
- Wings
Legendary Traits
- Multiple Horns
- Peacock Feathers
- Bigger Beaks
- Different Type of owl Face
- Growing Gems on body
- Bat like Wings
- Galaxy eyes
- Elemental Growths (nature growth, Fire on body,
whispy like fur/feathers, water like features)
- No Wings
- Bird like feet
Rare Traits
- Bird Like Tails
- Horns
- Antlers
- Less Fur/Feathers
- Bigger Eyes
- Cat Like Tail
- short tails
- glowing eyes/features
- extra feathers/fur

The Rules
- You must add your signature to the work somewhere
- If you have a cover, you must add me to the oekaki to view it
- This contest can end without a winner
- This contest can be extended if need be
- Please be nice to myself and others who enter
- If you're not okay with this species possibly being on DA in the future, please don't enter
- You will be credited to drawing the lines and the original lines if the lineart is to ever change.
- You can enter a max of 2 entries
- quality over quantity
- I may add rules if need be, but everyone will be notified
- If you have PSD files, please don't post them. Just let me know you have them on your entry post. If you win, I'll

The Big Prize!
100C$
tier 2 September
Image '09
'15 Package Exclusive Store Pet
Image'09
Image'10
Image'10
Image'10

Runner ups may be asked if they want to be an artist for the species via PM. The Winner will get to be an artist as well and if I ever for some reason decide to leave the species or give it away, the original line artist will get complete ownership of the species upon my approval.

Non-Winner Raffle
AS a thank you to everyone who entered, I do want to reward someone who didn't win with a rare pet! If you end up not winning, you will be entered into a raffle for the following pet. Everyone who enters will still get something. This is just for after the contest has ended, just as an extra little giveaway!

Last edited by Tatangi on Tue May 21, 2019 3:41 am, edited 29 times in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Species Lines Contest [100C$ + List Pet]

Postby Tatangi » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:53 am

Marking is Allowed!

DragonofEmber entry prize accepted Artist Position Pending
I loved the WIPs! It's cute and cudly and you even reached out to me to approve them! I adore your hard work and effort into this contest, so you are offered an artist position for the species!

Yuroshi entry prize accepted Artist Position Pending
Your lineart was also very well done! With each entry I was so excited, but I loved how your work focused on the wings but gave plenty of room for edits! Not only did you do well with your WIP, but you also joined as a Discord Beta tester and helped me make sure the community would be safe once it was live! Not only will you be getting a custom, standard Owlie[/] but you are also offered an [b]artist position as well!

SkyGold entry prize accepted
Your enty blew me away with the detail and realism of it! However it wasn't exactly what I envisioned for the Owlie Species. That being said, I do have an idea for the linework (so your hard work doesn't go to waste!) that I would like to run by you! You were also a beta tester for the discord server and helped me clean up the artist section. Along with the other beta testers, you too will get a custom Standard Owlie along with an Artist Position!

gryphus. entry prize accepted
Your entry was incomplete, but I could tell it would of been very cute! You also left a good bit of room for line edits if the artists would want them!

Cloud1234 entry prize accepted
Your work was the first completed work entered, and you stuck with the idea very well! I liked that you added a bit of "magic" to the species!

bug; entry prize accepted
ENTRY REMOVED BY ARTIST

Frosted Hyena entry prize accepted
Your entry followed the species idea as well, and I loved the linework! You didn't add me to the entry to really explore it and see if there were any other layers inside it, but I enjoyed the entry nonetheless!

☼ Red Beanie ☼ entry prize accepted Winner! Artist Position Pending
I really really liked this linework! The Owlies almost look like ChowChows, and not only did you win the competition but you also helped a certain someone in my life convince me of getting ChowChow! (fun little tidbit there) I love the amount of work you put into this lineart, and you followed the species idea to a T so I felt really good about picking you as the winner!

sunny7867 entry prize accepted
Your linework was very elegant. Instead of going with the cute and cuddly approach, you went with the elegant and graceful look. You focused more on the owl part, and I liked that!
Last edited by Tatangi on Tue May 21, 2019 3:38 am, edited 14 times in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkyGold » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:57 am

Possible mark
ImageImageImageImage

Flitz | Kalons | To-do | n/a
| click the chickens for their respective links |

leaving, had a fun 6 years! :)
SkyGold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trent reznor » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:38 am

mark
trent reznor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Species Lines Contest [100C$ + List Pet + 09 VR]

Postby Tatangi » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:42 am

I very rare '09 pet has been added to the prize!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Image Image Image Image
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Species Lines Contest [100C$, List, 2 VRs 4 Rares]

Postby Tatangi » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:11 am

Prize Change!
I have added pets to the prize pool. I'm very serious about this species, and I want to show that with the pets I offer. In total there are now 7 pets up for grabs along with 100C$. The total C$ value of this group (according to the "c$ worth" thread) is 430C$. You can find the group here to see it for yourself. The PPS pet isn't included, but just there to show the 100C$ as well.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Species Lines Contest [100C$, List, 2 VRs 4 Rares]

Postby Tatangi » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:59 pm

Bump
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage