MYO Contest Entry 1 by Corvuss

Based on Click to view
Artist Corvuss [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

MYO Contest Entry 1

Postby Corvuss » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:49 pm

I'll fix this up soon my computer is being repaired right now and I've been busy with college ;;

EDIT; Sorry about the messy color ref ;; I still don't have my computer back.

Username: sschw
Number of Customs you already own: 5
Artist Choice: humerussin, yugi
MYO Ticket: T3
Add-on: Rare Addon
Mutations: Major Mane (R), Complex Horns (R), Armored Scales (R) (not in concept design yet), Ear Edit Deer (U), Feathered Tufts (U)
Name: Rhodo
GFBP: Male

UNOFFICIAL DESIGN
by humerus

Personality Changes:
Child to Young Adult (1yr)
Rhodo was raised to only believe Kios, and was very easily manipulated by him. He was indecisive with most of his actions and clumsy due to his hesitation. He grew upset often with how often he was ordered around, but no matter how he was treated he still had a sense of protectiveness over the cave and over anyone close to him. That was only Kios at the time so he would react aggressively toward anyone who questioned him.

As He Grew Up
When Rhodo escaped Kios' lies he felt alone and afraid of most of the world. He was never educated as he should have been at his age. He mostly stayed in the cave to guard it, and because he didn’t want to risk running into anyone.

The purifying creature that brought him out of the cave helped him reach out to others more and become more social. He is no longer afraid of confrontation but will only begin something if it is completely necessary. Rhodo never lost some of his paranoid behavior and is overly protective of anyone close to him. It is hard for him to learn to trust anyone new.

Who are they? What role do they fill in your viscet world?:
Rhodo plays a very important role in Albira. In the world there is a place called Empyrea above the clouds. Spirits and angels with special purposes live. It was created in order to protect them from those who wish to repel or destroy them. Because of its location, and the importance of its security mortals are rarely allowed to enter. Rhodo’s purpose for being placed on Albira is to guard the one stable portal to Empyrea. All other portals to Empyrea appear randomly throughout the world, but what makes the stable one even more special is its ability to grant power. It can be used by the angels to give powers to new arrivals that need them, or even for angels assigned to help others to grant mortals power.

The portal is in a cave in an unknown location that has tunnels hidden around the world that lead to it, but they are pitch dark and impossible to navigate through sight. Only someone with innocent intentions can find their way through the tunnels, but that doesn’t stop those with poor intentions from following. Inside the cave Rhodo has covered the walls in various crystals for adventurers and gatherers to collect and bring home that contain no power or corruption. These crystals also created a home for a mysterious creature that primarily exists in the cave when they are in their first form. In this form they are a skittish tadpole-like creature that floats about the air. They hide in the presence of everyone but Rhodo, his family, and others of their species. They are incredibly hard to tame due to their nature and most will stress to death if an attempt is made to capture them. It isn’t until they reach their second form that they will even leave the cave to purify the world. They take in corrupted energy left over from the world's creation and turn it into pure energy that can be used to mutate powers. Their second form is reached by taking corrupted energy from an adult creature and purifying it themselves. The new energy can be used to grow, and it also takes some stress off the grown creature. Rhodo had the incredibly rare chance of befriending one of the larger creatures and they will help him keep an eye on the cave and its tunnels.

Deeper within the cave no life exists and the crystals are no longer harmless. Rhodo created crystals to line the walls of the cave leading towards the portal that harnesses the corrupted energy around them to become dangerous. Anyone who is poked by the crystal could have any kind of random effect happen to them. They could do anything from becoming sick, paralyzed, or even just cease to exist completely.

In the beginning, none of this existed. The cave’s walls were bare and the portal unguarded and undiscovered. The universe itself had its Messengers hide his egg within the cave which guarded itself in crystals. It would remain there until it was time to hatch, but that time never arrived. Many years later Kios mistakenly found the cave. He entered with the intention of finding a treasure, so he had no problem navigating the tunnels. Once inside he discovered the egg and grew greedy. Eggs as special looking as his were often left by the Universe and were supposed to be hidden until they were needed. The last occasion like this that Kios knew of was Akela. He himself isn’t powerful enough to take her down, and he didn’t want to have the chance for it to happen again. He stole the egg hoping to destroy it before it could hatch but disturbing the crystals triggered Rhodo’s egg into releasing him early. Rather than follow his old plan Kios decided to raise the hatchling to be his strength and to help him gain control.

The angels would occasionally check on the egg, but after many years undisturbed their guard was down at the wrong time so Kios got away with Rhodo. He raised him for months before he was finally found by the angels who took him away, but he fought while he was carried believing Kios was actually his father. When he fell his powers formed a crystal around him and he crashed into the side of the volcano.

For years he was undiscovered, buried under ash and dirt from the volcano. The crystal froze him in a way that he did not age at all or grow hungry. It isn’t until many years later that a young Viscet named Aodh discovered him by mistake while practicing his powers. Out of curiosity he worked to uncover the crystal and discovered Rhodo inside, but the light entering the crystal woke him and he broke free. He is confused and scared after being woken up after such a long time. He tried speaking to Aodh to find out what was going on, but eventually, he was driven away by a mix of fear and a feeling of urgency. There was a place he felt he needed to be but didn’t know where, but the feeling eventually brought him to the cave again.

He remained there not knowing what to do, how to feed himself, or where Kios was. He was happy when he finally returned. He checked the cave often to be sure no defenses had arisen. Once he found the viscling again he continued teaching him, and attempted to further manipulate him and discover his powers. It isn’t until he is ordered to attack the village his crystal crashed near that he questions what he is told. He isn’t suspicious just confused.

When Rhodo is left in the cave he is confronted by the angels who explain the situation to him. Attempts have been made before but he ignored them all. He became bitter about the confusion and decided to block out the others completely and just do his job he was drawn to. He set up the crystal barriers around the cave.

The crystals drew the previously mentioned small floating creatures from hiding and that is where he met his, that eventually led him from the cave. He later returned to the village after making sure the cave was well protected. There he learned even more about Kios and what the rest of the world was like and the importance of his job.

He also met Aodh again while living in the village. They grew closer and helped each other often as both shared pasts of manipulation for their power. Rhodo felt like he could trust him, and only him. Eventually, they grew close enough to become mates and had an egg. Now they raise their daughter around the cave. Rhodo still worries his connection to the cave could hurt his family, or that Kios could return so he tends to be overprotective and keeps a close eye on his daughter.

That's a smol summary of where his story is currently although I am still developing his relationships with humerus’ Viscets ^^

Credit
Link to Images
Corvuss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me