---==---
|| Nickname ;; Felix
|| Title ;; Captain Felix
|| Pronouns ;; He/Him
|| Sexuality ;; Bisexual Biromantic
|| Age ;; Adult

|| Physical Description ;;

|| Personality ;;
Cunning and manipulative to the maximum, Felix fronts with a cheery persona that often seems out of place yet carries with it a warning enough to intimidate those he interacts with into not questioning it to his face. This false friendliness can vanish in an instant to reveal the cold, steel-hearted and stone-faced Viscet beneath.
Through his welcoming appearance, Felix is constantly looking for openings and vulnerabilities to exploit. The captain is a master at reading Viscets' body language and can easily see right into the heart of their being to tell what their greatest emotional weakness is, and he will not hesitate to exploit them in order to pursue his own ends. He has a silver tongue rivaled by few, and it's not difficult for him to slip past one's defenses and persuade them to do something they may otherwise not have done.
This often goes undetected, but if one is wise to his tricks it makes this subtle manipulation easier to spot and resist.
He's a Viscet of logic and reasoning and rarely lets pesky things like emotions get in his way. Few things hold sentimental value to him - save from a few items from his childhood - and he holds nothing sacred. Though in his eyes the best solution is the easiest one, he's not above hatching some insanely convoluted plan to infiltrate enemy ranks or to exact revenge on someone who wronged them.
Whatever decision he does come to, he never tells his crew more than the absolute bare minimum - if even that. He demands the utmost unwavering trust and loyalty from those in his command and often leaves them completely in the dark. This secrecy combined with his persona that could change at the drop of a hat only deepened the air of mystery hanging around him and added to his reputation among foes and allies alike.
Life has little to no value to him and the idea of sacrificing one of his own to complete his goals doesn't phase him. He doesn't feel regret for his actions or for the blood he's spilled, having successfully distanced himself totally from those feelings. Drastic times call for drastic measures after all, and Felix isn't above doing whatever the situation calls for, no matter how extreme.
Though quite skilled with blades and weapons of almost any kind, in most situations Felix will almost always attempt to strike up a bargain or negotiation first or will try to engage in a friendly - or at least non-hostile - conversation, if at the very least in an attempt to make his opponent drop their guard. However, a good portion of the time this is only intended to serve as a distraction as he does something behind his back or as one or more of his crew members are running off to cause havoc elsewhere.
Felix presents himself in a proper, respectable fashion and despite being a pirate he knows how to be a gracious host. It's easy for him to give the impression that he favors fair fights above cheating, both in combat and out, and will even offer the enemy advantages just to push this point home. However, Felix is a maker of potions and poisons, and his treacherous track record proves that he's absolutely not above playing dirty, despite his claims to the contrary. He would absolutely not hesitate to poison a drink or meal or attack from behind while one's back is turned.

|| Who are they? What role do they fill in your viscet world? ;;
Captain Felix is public enemy number one across multiple continents and kingdoms. The infamous captain of one of the most notorious pirate gangs, Felix's name is on the the tongues of many a Viscet out at sea or docked at port. His crew is constantly on the move, rarely in the same place twice. They're in direct conflict with a rival pirate crew from Felix's past a naval officer sent to capture them and their stolen ship, dead or alive, all while hunting down mythical magical artifacts all across the dozens of islands scattered along the coasts of two large continents.
Felix is Murdock's ever elusive quarry, Rohan's savior-turned-foe, and the blight striking fear into the hearts of everyone along the coasts just at the very mention of his name.
One day he just might be brought to justice, but with his reputation, it would be wise to carry some caution with you whenever dealing with the Captain.

|| Extras ;;
[ History ]
He was born into a humble family just outside a small town on the ocean shore. Not too wealthy, not too poor. The town wasn't too big, and wasn't too small either. Everyone knew just about everyone else, but there were still many secrets and newcomers. Felix was a normal young Viscling, if perhaps a tad on the mischievous side, but was by no means cruel.
All was going well for him and his parents until one fateful day when the most feared pirate crew of the coast at the time decided to plunder and raze the town. Starting south and working their way north, they burned down everything in their path. Anyone they caught was murdered. Felix was lucky enough to escape and worked his way north to a much larger city where he stayed for many years, living on the street and becoming the leader of one of the gangs in the area. Eventually, his ambitions soared and he and one of his lackeys stole a vessel from the port and fled south, stopping at cities where news of the theft had not yet reached in order to stock up on supplies. They began to gather crew members along the way, and hence began the a new era in Felix's life where he truly became Captain Felix.
They quickly became a well feared band, and rumors of their doings began to spread. After the eventual theft of one of the navy's most prized and newly completed ships, the navies of several countries soon began to look for him, with one branch in specific tasked with hunting him down and bringing him back dead or alive. This mission was lead by Captain Murdock, AKA Murphy Jones. Murdock was able to track him down to a place just offshore of the kingdom of Ferrusinde where he opened fire on Felix's crew and the stolen vessel. Felix's ship sustained serious damage, enough to force them to flee and temporarily dock at a port just long enough to steal some materials to begin repairs.
It just so happened that they arrived just as a bandit caravan arrived to unload their goods to be shipped off overseas, and the pirates quickly intercepted them. The bandits scattered and the pirates swiftly rounded up all the wagons, but the greatest surprise still lay ahead. In the initial check of the wagons, Felix stumbled across a young Viscet bound in the back of one of the caravans. After being taken in by the captain as the rest of the crew handled the wagons, Rohan introduced himself - though at the time he was still going by his female birth name of Cande. Rohan quickly became a part of the crew along with everyone else, and remained loyal - though aloof - for many years. However, after some time Rohan became disillusioned with the life of a pirate, and when the opportunity presented itself, he ditched Felix and the crew.
It wasn't until several years later that the two would eventually meet once more, this time on the opposite sides of prison bars...

[ Relationships ]
[ Rohan ]
"When I delete you maybe I'll stop feeling so bad."
Felix's relationship with Rohan is...complicated, to say the least. Though Felix was the one who taught Rohan a good chunk of his skills and would on occasion step in to intervene if the crew got too harsh on Rohan, at any other time he was distant and apathetic. In many ways, Felix sees his bond with Rohan as more of an investment and less of an actual relationship. In his mind it's much more about, "What can I get out of this? How can I use this to my advantage?"
If push comes to shove, Felix would not hesitate a moment to double-cross or betray Rohan if that course of action proved more advantageous or profitable. After all, he'd do it to just about any other crew member as well if it came down to it, with the possible exception of Blade. The only difference that set Rohan apart from the rest is that doing so may actually cause Felix to grow a conscious and feel a slight twinge of remorse for a half second before he moved on with business as usual.
In some slight ways, deep deep down, Felix does almost see Rohan as a sort of son. Not in any meaningful way that would make him seriously reconsider his actions, but the sentiment is there. Compared to other crew members, Felix is just a bit more invested in Rohan and his story than the others. He can't help but feel a subtle hint of pride when he sees Rohan interact with the crew in a meaningful way or when he uses a skill Felix taught him. Felix is the only one aboard the entire ship that Rohan feels something even approximating trust towards and is usually his top pick to go to for advice, which has led to some rather personal conversations between them about identity and other such topics.
Despite this, their relationship is still rather superficial to Felix and really wouldn't make him reconsider his actions. When Rohan grew dissatisfied and abandoned them, Felix maintained his distant demeanor even as the rest grew furious and demanded what was going to happen to the traitor when they caught him again. He calmly told them to be patient and not get ahead of themselves, but even as he spoke he was already formulating an idea in his mind just in case they ever did happen to cross paths again.

[ Skillset & Quirks ]
x Highly skilled with blades - especially swords and daggers - and is proficient in a fair number of other weapons
x Skilled pickpocket
x Skilled at lock picking
x Interested in potion making and alchemy - considered a witch as he makes his own potions and poisons
x Little to no sense of shame when it comes to dressing and will wear just about anything if the situation calls for
x Bandanna and hair bands used to be his mother's. Keeps them as his only reminder of his past family life.

-----== = ==-----

|| Credits ;;
Dividers and flag drawn by me.
Lineart and design by me.
Rohan and Murdock belong to me.

corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups