Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

"28, 29, I just lost count, whoops." by Shadow17

Artist Shadow17 [gallery]
Time spent 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

"28, 29, I just lost count, whoops."

Postby Shadow17 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:55 pm

She walked, counting the stars.
"28, 29, I just lost count, whoops."
Behind her silently trotting her friend followed. The wolf studied the stars, internally counting them until she had seemingly counted all of them. At that point she had caught up to her and was watching and waiting silently to see what she would do. As the wolf finally got up and began walking, her friend just watched. As soon as the wolf was out of earshot, the friend immediately said "So, the next time she stops?" She asked herself. She nodded internally, and she trotted silently behind her again. This continued for a few hours, until the she-wolf stopped again. The black wolf dug her paws into the snow, ready to pounce until suddenly, she just... vanished. She tried calling out for her, but it was no use. She had just... gone. The she-wolf let herself fall to the snow, the one wolf who had mattered to her most just... gone. As the she-wolf got back up, she suddenly saw a note, written with a paw in the corner of her eye. Lit by the moonlight and starlight, she read this.
"To whoever finds this,
Run far from here if you want to live. I've been studying this place for years, this specific spot. It's always amazed me, y'know, how serene this place is. It's the perfect spot to rest forever. And, as you read this, I have succeeded in my mission. I have found the eternal rest. Do not cry, do not worry. I will be fine where I am. I know too much for a wolf to know, and that's not okay for a balanced and equal pack. But anyways, I'll stop being so indirect and get to who I'm talking to. My friend, who watched me vanish from this very spot.
I'll let you know, you walk very loudly. It sounds like two wolves instead of you. But, anyways, I know I was the only reason you were alive today, but really, you've got a reason to live. I served no purpose in this pack, I was just another mouth to feed. So I left. I'm no longer a burden to our pack. Stay alive, my friend.
Sincerely, your pal since the day we met,
Luna."

As she finished reading the note, the she-wolf didn't cry, and she didn't worry. She simply sat there for a moment. She looked up and saw her friend was right. This was a calm place. As she came back to herself, she let out a howl, and, after an hour of sitting there, and balancing her life, she sighed, got up, stood where her friend stood last, and watched herself deteriorate in flash. As she watched her life flash before her eyes, she felt at peace. She closed her eyes, and when she opened them, her friend, the very wolf who had disappeared in front of her eyes, was standing in front of her. As the she-wolf stood in front of her, the wolf wagged her tail. "I was about to leave, you nearly got left behind." "Well it was a good thing you didn't." And they walked, side by side, into the afterlife.

AHH this relates to me on a personal level in a way, but I promise I'm fine, okay XD. Anyways, hope you enjoyed that short story. XD
Shadow17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: "28, 29, I just lost count, whoops."

Postby Swirlshine » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:03 pm

Oh man. I love that story, I really do. <3

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: "28, 29, I just lost count, whoops."

Postby Shadow17 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:43 am

Thank you!
Shadow17