Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Art & Character contest -- 64 tokens by corrosive_limes

Artist corrosive_limes [gallery]
Time spent 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

None yet! You can be the first to create your own version of this drawing!

Art & Character contest -- 64 tokens

Postby corrosive_limes » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:22 am

With the Halloween event drawing to a close, I thought it was a good time to finally put all my spare tokens to good use.

Quick information:
This contest will only run for 24 hours, will have two separate categories, will only have a total of three places, but one way or another all 64 tokens will be given out as prizes.

End date: November 3rd, 5:00 PM PST
There will be no extensions.

First place: At least 15 tokens
Second place: At least 12 tokens
Third place: At least 9 tokens
The remaining 28 tokens will be distributed as I see fit

Only one of the three places can be an Art category submission if there are more than three entries. The other two places will be Character category submissions.
If a person enters multiple times and/or enters in multiple categories, they can only place once if more than three people entered.

General rules:
- Be respectful to your fellow contestants.
- Do NOT attempt to guilt-trip either myself or the winners if you don't place.
- Do not submit entries that are not your own
- One person can enter as many times as they want in one or both categories
- Entries can be made on oekaki, on a separate app, or done traditionally. However, if doing traditional art, please keep this in mind
Traditional is welcome, as long as the image is relatively clean - i.e. not too many smudges or stray lines - and the picture is of decent quality - i.e. drawing is more than just faintly visible, little to no shadows blocking the light. A good example would be this, which I took with a tablet camera in bright light and uploaded via Discord. Nothing super fancy.

Onto the categories. There's two separate categories - Art and Characters- so if you're just interested in one feel free to just jump down to that section.

Art
Character Design
Last edited by corrosive_limes on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Art & Character contest -- Art

Postby corrosive_limes » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:23 am

Art:
Simple; just draw one of the character's I've listed below. Anything goes, as long as it's SFW and recognizable.

Traditional art is welcome, but please refer back to the guidelines for traditional art.

All entries submitted into this category will receive a prize

Character list:
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Art & Character contest -- Character Design

Postby corrosive_limes » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:58 pm

Character Design:
Also pretty straightforward, just design me a character! Or alternatively, I'd also be willing to accept pre-made characters as submissions as long as the original designer's rules permit it and the design is not stolen.
I will accept traditional as well for this too, but the designs must be in color and I'll be a bit pickier about image quality.

I'll consider just about anything, but there are a few things I don't like.
I do not like: Complexity for the sake of complexity, equines, realistic / natural designs (exception for Warrior Cat characters), plain designs with nothing memorable

I tend to prefer human/humanoid characters but I'm not averse to animal characters either. However with non-human characters, I generally dislike plain cats and dogs. I enjoy weird mixes/hybrids/fantasy creatures a lot more, as well as uncommon species like birds, rabbits, and rats/mice. Weird / abstract edits/mutations are also generally a plus on both human and non-human designs.

You can make a character completely from scratch, but if you need a bit of help I have a few loose themes for what I'm looking for specifically at the moment. A good general rule of thumb to go by would be
If it would be in Undertale, Cuphead, or Gravity Falls I'll probably like it.

Entries I choose to keep will receive a prize.
If your entry doesn't win a prize and I don't choose to keep it, you may do whatever you please with it.

Skeleton/Music based characters: I've been really into Undertale, Mystery Skulls Animated, Melody's Escape, and Crypt of the Necrodancer recently and we've been leaning more about Día de los Muertos in Spanish class. I'm looking for a skeleton / skeleton-esque character, preferably with some unique tie back to music (i.e. Lewis's heart from Mystery Skulls, Cadence's heart from Crypt of the Necrodancer, or Melody's color changing hair from Melody's Escape)
I'd be interested in skeleton characters that have some connection to flowers / nature in some way, such as a flower coming out of their eye socket or vines draping around them.

Homestuck Fantrolls: Yup. I'm looking to expand my collection of weirdo trolls. I don't have any specifics in mind for any of them. I like all blood colors (though I tend to prefer bronze/yellow bloods and indigo/purple/violet bloods), and mutants are just fine. I like my fantrolls weird, so if there's some unique attribute you'd like to throw at them (i.e. they're a cyborg, they have wings, they're made of crystals, they're part some other creature, they have some weird medical condition, etc. etc. etc.) go for it! I'd prefer it if you designed them a sign but it's also perfectly fine if you don't.

Undertale/Cuphead/Mystery Skulls Animated/Gravity Falls style characters: I mentioned this before, but I really like the character designs and art styles found in these games / shows and I'd really like some characters that kind of mimic that. Specifically what I like is sort of the more abstract character/monster designs from Cuphead and Undertale (Object heads, skeletons, weird animal-esque creatures, etc.) and the unique human character designs from Gravity Falls and Mystery Skulls (kind of like Dipper, Stanford, McGucket, Arthur, Vivi, and Lewis - unique outfits, hairstyles, face/body shapes, color palettes, etc. and how you can tell their personality just from their design)

Glitch: I don't really have any specific ideas for this, but I really like the theme of "Glitch" / "Lost in the machine". I'm thinking of developing a world that takes place half in / half out of a computer/machine of some kind and the idea of glitches/bugs/viruses seems really cool.

Flowers & Eyes: I really like flower characters / flower/plant based characters. The best examples I can think of are Flowey from Undertale, Cagney Carnation from Cuphead, and Shiromori from Mystery Skulls Animated. They can be literally just flowers with a face / arms or they can be full blown "humanoid" flower/plant entities.

Last bumped by corrosive_limes on Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:58 pm.
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me