Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Dollhouse V.2.1 - DISCORD PG 16 by doktor monty

Artist doktor monty [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
131 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Dollhouse V.2.1 - DISCORD PG 16

Postby doktor monty » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:22 am

ImageImageImage

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

LINKS

[ INFO ]
    xxBall jointed dolls are literal dolls (generally around 10"-12" tall) that have been abandoned in some way or another. The abandonment can often draw in a Shadow- a spirit-like creature (it can touch and move things, but can make itself untouchable and phase through things) created from abandoned objects (typically the only thing on its form that is white). Shadows find these abandoned dolls and make "contracts" with them in a symbiotic relationship. Contracts bind the doll to the Shadow, and in return for the life the Shadow gives the doll, it needs love and affection in return (this is the abandoned object within the shadow that wants the love). Only the Doll that forms a contract with the Shadow can touch that particular Shadow, but if the Doll has a significant other, then the lover, too, may also touch the doll's Shadow.

xxShadows cannot live very long without dolls, because they need love, which is why they can spend their whole 'lives' searching, and Dolls can't live without their Shadows keeping them 'alive'. That being said, dolls do not actually live, but can speak and think and move as a living human. While they cannot eat, bleed, breed, etc, they can be burned or shattered and damaged. If well taken care of, they can last a very long time, which is why age is meaningless to dolls.
    xxThe formation of Shadows is something much yet debated, but is normally summarized as a 'lost hope' or 'dream'. When a human of special qualities has a goal, one so important and deeply connected to the themselves, it takes the form of an ethereal sentient wisp. Although this may be true, humans are only able to form one in the length of their entire life, it is rare for it to happen twice. From there, two things can happen to form Shadows. If the human who originally possessed the dream dies before it can be completed, a Shadow takes shape. However, a human can also forget, or lose hope in their goal, and a Shadow can also form from this method (this method often kills its creator- a broken heart).

xxDolls come in all shapes, sizes, genders, sexualities, etc. No two come to life that are exactly the same. The average doll only has one Shadow since they only need to sign a contract with that one Shadow in order to come to life. However, on rare occasions, two Shadows will decide on the exact same Doll, at the exact same time, and decide to share the Doll. Or, the opposite; one Shadow takes on the burden of giving life to two dolls. Shadows can be any size, but compare them to your doll. If, on the reference sheet, their shadow is much shorter than your doll, then choose an appropriate height based on that. Unless specifically said, shadow's cannot change in size.

Humans know of Dolls, but it's considered more of a fairy tail to them, since Dolls are rare in themselves.

Last edited by doktor monty on Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 25 times in total.
doktor monty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules and Staff

Postby doktor monty » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:23 am

[ ADOPTABLE RULES ]

• All CS rules apply.
  • Respect is required.
  • Anyone can enter contests, even staff members.
  • (Re)selling your Doll for any currency is not permitted.
  • When trading/gifting other Dolls, please contact the
    archivist to avoid confusion.
  • If you no longer want your Doll, you are able to put them
    up for readoption. Judging of the readoption must be finished
    within a week after the contest has ended. Please contact the
    archivist about said readoption to avoid confusion.
  • You may show your Doll around on sites other than CS, but
    you must credit the original artist.
  • There is no limit to how many Dolls you can own.
  • You may use your doll in RPs on CS and offsite, as long as
    credit if given when/where it is due. You may also use your dolls
    as human, and change the lore of the Dolls for your own sake.
  • You may only add small items to your Doll, such as headphones,
    jewelry, or maybe another outfit. However, you may not make
    changes to your Doll's design, such as editing hair/facial features/colors.
    This also means adding scars, wings, horns, or making your Doll blind,
    the tallest/shortest, etc. Only the original artist can decide things
    like this.
  • Even if something isn't on this list, that doesn't mean that it's okay.
    Use your common sense. Feel free to post questions and concerns on
    this thread. We're here to help!

z
    z

[ STAFF ]

OWNER
    ━━━━━━
    Doktor Monty
    All Dollhouse credit goes to Get Scared

ARTISTS
    ━━━━━━━━━
    jules_
    jace.wy
    father (GA)

If you were an artist previously, contact me privately!

MODS
    ━━━━━
    tharrot
    houndpine

If you were a mod previously, contact me privately!

ARCHIVIST
    ━━━━━━━━━━━
    burnish.firestarter (Subject to change)

If you ever have issues with any staff members due to them not judging a contest, closing contests, failing to respond to messages, etc, please contact Doktor Monty (myself) and I will handle it. With that being said, any staff member can be removed from the team under the right circumstances, such as lengthy inactivity (without a prior explanation), not having the ability to handle their position, and so on.

[ STAFF RULES ]
  • Staff can make as many customs as they would like. For non-artist staff, just PM someone asking if they wouldn't mind making one for you.
  • Artists are allowed to ask any other staff members for assistance with judging, whether they may be an archivist, a moderator, et cetera.
  • Staff must also be friendly and respectful to all users, no matter the situation. You should be able to handle your position maturely. If you're truly troubled, however, feel free to message either myself or any other members who will undoubtedly be happy to help.
  • These rules may change in the future.

[ AFFILIATES ]

PM me to be affiliated.
    If you were once affiliated and still wish to be, PM me with "Dollhouse" in the title, thank you!

[ ADVERTISEMENT ]

Code: Select all
    [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3934796][img]https://i.imgur.com/eiWG3nj.png[/img][/url]

Code: Select all
    [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3934796][img]http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r794/Hoshikuzu345/STamp3_zps626eb9c8.png[/img][/url]

Last edited by doktor monty on Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 30 times in total.
doktor monty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby doktor monty » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:25 am

More questions and suggestions for all of Dollhouse can be put here: https://goo.gl/forms/PwEtF7JKjAeoKbCm2

Are you accepting custom applications?
    Customs are only available for staff members, or possibly during events. So unless specifically stated otherwise, then no.

How do I become a Staff member?
    Most staff will be selected by application, which will be posted on the Homepage when we're open to applicants.

What if I don’t want my Doll anymore?
    If an owner no longer feels connected to their Doll, then they may PM either the artist who designed their Doll or myself, and we will put the Doll up for re-adoption. The original owner of the Doll will most likely have nothing to do with the re-adoption, considering the Doll is no longer theirs.

Can I call my Doll "BJD", which stands for ball jointed doll, instead?
    Of course! That was actually their original nickname, but a friend of mine agreed that it resembled "JBD" or "JMD" a little too much.

Why do all the Dolls look different?
    That's because every doll is created customly! Meaning, in order to send out an adopt, us artists have to draw everything from scratch! That's right, bask in our awesomeness.

How do I get on the discord?
    Pm a staff member or myself for a temporary invite. Being on the discord isn't a must, it's just another fun way to interact with the community.
Last edited by doktor monty on Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.
                ✦ { dok/stephvthey/he/any occasionally online } ✦
              Howdy! I'm on here as often as I have the energy for it, so everything might be a little delayed with me! Feel free to check out my semi/open adopts, and if you're feeling adventurous click my dragoncave eggs too- my children thank you. Have a great day <3
doktor monty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dollhouse V.2

Postby jules_ » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:25 am

mork
jules_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby annie15970 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:38 am

Markies
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌─────────────────────┐

Every life is a pile of good things and bad things
The good things don't always soften the bad things,
but vice versa the bad things don't always spoil
the good things and make them unimportant.

Equine Stable | Commissions| My Kalons | ©

└─────────────────────┘

ImageImageImageImage
annie15970

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowlondon » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:57 am

Mark
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxHi, I'm Snowlondon!
xxxxxxxxYou can call me Snow. I use
xxxxxxxxshe/her pronouns, and I love
xxxxxxxxwriting, drawing, and baking.
xxxBest Friend x Art Instagram x My Art Shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Snowlondon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfycat101 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:02 pm

Markkkk
Wolfycat101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cynicat » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:09 pm

Mark
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    cynical
    he/she/they
    toyhouse
    pixel cats end
    mirage
Cynicat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bite sized kuiper » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:47 pm

mark !
bite sized kuiper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doktor monty » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:47 pm

Nekoma's Lion wrote:
    mark !

I love you
                ✦ { dok/stephvthey/he/any occasionally online } ✦
              Howdy! I'm on here as often as I have the energy for it, so everything might be a little delayed with me! Feel free to check out my semi/open adopts, and if you're feeling adventurous click my dragoncave eggs too- my children thank you. Have a great day <3
doktor monty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me