Based on Click to view
Artist corrosive_limes [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
25 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

crocodile dergen

Postby corrosive_limes » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:01 pm

i've done some watercolor stuff before on oekaki, but never quite like this
i've never used hard light before or multiple colors for highlights, but i think i'll definitely be doing it more often!
one of my favorite things about paintings has always been how when you look at the skin closely that you can see different hints of blues and reds and yellows but overall the color still looks the same somehow and how you can see the brushstrokes on top of the underlying texture. i've never been able to figure out how to do that, traditionally or digitally, but i think i finally managed it!
i actually ended up using a good five layers for the shading
(listed bottom to top)
- multiply - white base w/ dark green for shading
- add - black base w/ pale yellow for highlights
- hard light - dark green base with dark blue for shadows, medium-dark teal for accents, rose-peach for highlight accents, and pale yellow for highlights
- overlay - copied the hard light layer and changed the setting
- dodge - black base w/ medium-dark teal, rose-peach, and pale yellow for accents and highlights
and all of that was on top of the base shading i did on the color layer

i really like this painting style though and might use it more often!
i'll probably also make this dude an official character because i really like his design and because crocodile dragon
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me