Harland by Mantleray

Based on Click to view
Artist Mantleray [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Harland

Postby Mantleray » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:08 am

Aaaaa I'm so excited to have my first Goblin Gater ;v; I've wanted one for so long and I finally have a beautiful boi <3 He was designed by KarKat Vantas ♋ !

Molly. wrote:
Name: Harland Blackwell
Element: Water
Favorite Artist and Why: Harland's favourite artist is Salvator Rosa. The simple answer of why is, Harland loves creepy things, and the majority of Rosa's art is creepy in one way or another. Is personal favourite piece of Rosa's is titled Witches at their Incantations and depicts what is seemingly normal looking human beings commiting a ritual around a hanging corpse. In general, Harland loves Rosa's art. The detail, beauty, and mysterious aura that emits from Rosa's pieces chills Harland to the core, but he loves them nonetheless.
Harland himself doesn't like painting because he things he's bad and has no patience.
Why/how he got into Rosa: Harland got into Rosa after seeing his work in an art gallery that traveled to his town. Harland was abused by his family when he was younger, which many think is what caused him to be what some people would call "mentally disturbed." Rosa's art instantly sparked interest and enjoyment in him, and he fell in love with Rosa's works. He still loves Rosa to this day and owns multiple pieces of his (reprinted) artwork.
Personality: Harland is what most people would classify as a "lonely creep." He's into weird stuff, primarily gore and creepy stuff in general. He collects pigmy shrunken heads and animal skeletons. He only has one or two friends, to whom he rarely speaks to. He loves being on his own more than being around with other people. He's somewhat narcissistic, but not to the point where he's incredibly selfish. Harland isn't very adventurous, choosing mostly to stay indoors or keep to himself rather than going outside. This is primarily because of his dark past, but also just because it's part of his personality. He's kind of a rude person, mostly just because he doesn't know better. If someone bumps into him, he gets unnecessarily mad, even if they say excuse me. He was never taught manners or anything of that sort, so he's not really sure what to say or do most of the time.
Likes: Creepy things, meat (chicken is his favourite), darkness, movies
Dislikes: Most people, social media, modern day stuff

❝ Hypothesis: All the worlds
that almost were matter
just as much as the
one we’re in. ❞

credit

Mantleray

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery