One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Inkeyu

by Inkeyu

by Inkeyu

Inkeyu's Raikia Adopts

Postby Inkeyu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:45 am

Welcome to Inkeyu's Raikia Adopts!

They will always be free, but I will not do customs.
If you want to make some yourself, you can find the original thread here.

Below are the maker's rules and information. This species does not belong to me, only the designs.
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Inkeyu's Raikia Adopts

Postby Inkeyu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:45 am

Soulsplosion wrote:
Lately I've felt like just drawing anonymous yet still public stuff.
Not comic pages, characters, or anything with plotlines or specificity, just random stuff that I can throw out there and let the world do what they want with them.
SO HERE'S A RANDOM SPECIES
I come up with random species a lot and often like them but don't even use them, so I've decided to just start selling them or making them open species whenever that happens.
Do you know how many rabbit-lion species I have?
I have a lot.
A God Dang lot.
Like if it could possibly be considered a cross between a rabbit and a lion, I have drawn it before.

Dun steal any of them.

What is a Raikia? wrote:
The fun thing about drawing a made-up species is that no one can say you got the anatomy wrong because it's however the heck you want it to be.
Anatomy
A Raikia is a lion-sized species characterized by their thick manes, ankle tufts, tuft-tipped long prehensile tails, tuft-tipped ears and large backwards-shaped horns. Just a whole lot of fluff. (Originally I was going to call them Fluffbuns)
Males usually have larger horns than the females, though the horns are still relatively small and are used more as deadly-sharp weapons than ramming things with. They are swift runners and though they are not incredibly agile climbers, they are decently skilled at scaling a tree. Females, while they have smaller manes, still have the mane colors separated from the rest of them, even if the thick fur of the mane is not entirely visible.
Males are called Raikis and females are called Raikias, but Raikia can also be used neutrally.
Colors
-NO full-neon bodies
-Usually dull colored as a whole with vibrant colors secluded to their markings or manes
-Their tufts are usually all the same color as their mane
-Color of the ankle-tufts usually extends in a band around their ankle
Habitat
-Sparse woodland
-Temperate forests
-Alpine
-Beaches
-Anywhere with access to both sunlight, trees, and definite freshwater source, such as a river
-They dislike severe heat, humidity, and incredibly lush places where the underbrush snags on their ankle-tufts, so no dense jungles or arid deserts for them
Diet
-Nuts
-Berries
-Fish
-Small mammal prey
-Usually catch their land prey by cornering them and digging them from the den rather than hunt-and-catch
Society
-A group of Raikia is called a Pack
-Small packs including several unrelated families
-Alpha-omega hierarchy with a dominant pair overseeing the subordinate members
-The denning site of a Raikia pack is called the Warren
-Stationary pack, though they may migrate during winter months (if they live in that sort of climate)
Reproduction
- Realistically, males may compete for females' approval by "sparring". Having small horns, their "sparring" is mostly done by displays and intimidation (and the female chooses the one who put on a better show), though fights aren't unheard of.
- A baby Raikia is called a Cub, and there may be 2-3 in a litter.
- Cubs are welcomed into the Pack. However, should there be overcrowding, relatives are usually chased out first in order to preserve the gene pool.

Rules wrote:Take off-site
Do whatever the heck you want with
Adopt out your own designs
Own as many as you want. I have over 300 flippin' characters and I think I take pretty good care of them, so I'm pretty sure ya'll can be reliable to take care of yours. However this does not invite you to spam-adopt designs from people or spam the oekaki with your own.
Make your own lines for peeps to use
Babies are just fluffy bud-horned versions of the adults
Follow the anatomical rules, but in the name of creativity, if one has a background story of some fantastical sort you do not have to strictly follow the behavioral rules. These are an open species and can be used as creatively as any existing species--and lets be honest, no one uses wolves realistically.
Don't spam adopt
You can claim your design, but do not claim the species
Do not alter the species to the point where it's original/realistic anatomy can't be recognized. Things like wings, horn shapes, mane edits, claws edits, etc. are fine.

Species Mods wrote:Minimod all you want. If someone's being suspicious and you feel I should know just feel free to PM me.

Banned Users wrote:Good God you have really got to push me far if you've done enough to break those rules.
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Inkeyu's Raikia Adopts

Postby Inkeyu » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:51 am

Bump. Probably going to make some more later. <3
Inkeyu