Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Zver Nursery by Metallic Dragon

Based on Click to view
Artist Metallic Dragon [gallery]
Time spent 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Zver Nursery

Postby Metallic Dragon » Fri May 18, 2018 8:06 am

Welcome to the Nursery!

In the nursery you may either breed your zvers or discover orphans! As much as the government has tried to stem the flow of new zvers into the world, they have made very little progress and nurseries have appeared. Make sure you read all the rules and information carefully before posting an application.

Rules:

1. Zvers must be a couple for at least 6 weeks before they may use the nursery
2. You may use the nursery 3 times with each couple
3. There is a 2 month cool down period between nursery uses for each couple
4. For realism purposes only opposite sex couples may breed, HOWEVER, same sex and other couples who cannot breed will have exclusive access to discover an orphan. More information will be provided about this in the second post.
5. Related zvers cannot pair off into couples
6. Permission from both zver owners must be given before the nursery may be used
7. Zvers pair off for life, so choose their mate carefully. Divorce renders zvers infertile.
8. Most often only 1 cub results from a nursery use. Very rarely you may get 2
9 You must own your zver for at least 2 months before they can use the nursery
10. As usual, all general species rules apply to the nursery, these other rules can be found on the main thread

The baby:

-You may keep it. In this case you and the owner of your zver's mate must decide which of you will keep the baby
-You may adopt it out. You come up with the contest and you judge it
-You may gift it to someone else. You both must agree on the new owner of the baby

The system:

- A number between 100 will be chosen using the random # generator.
- If the first # is a double(11, 22, 33, 44, 55, etc) you will get twins and two new numbers will be rolled
- Even numbers will result in a female offspring, odd numbers will result in a male

For breeding:
- #s between 1-50 will look more like the mother. #s 50-100 look more like the father. How much depends on the number itself.
- Rare/very rare traits with certain percentages applied on the parent's adoption page will be passed on if the number chosen is within a certain range eg. 47-52 for 5% chance. Range will be randomly chosen immediately before each breeding and will be different each time.

For adopt an orphan:
- The number chosen will give only a slight idea of traits from adopting parents that might be found on the orphans. 1-25 will result in sharing more similar traits/markings with the first zver. 75-100 will result in sharing more traits/markings with the second zver. 25-75 will result in an orphan that shares no similar traits with parents.
- Rare/very rare traits with certain percentages CAN appear in orphans following the same rules as those that are bred.

If you have a same sex couple, continue to the next post now.

Here, opposite sex couples may use the breeding post. The cubs will take on the genetics of their parents. This means markings, colors, and sometimes even mutations will be passed on to the offspring. If you have an opposite sex couple eligible for breeding, fill out the ticket below. If you have a same sex couple, continue to the next post.

Code: Select all
~Breeding Ticket~
Usernames:
Mother Name:
Mother Ref:
Color Codes:
Father Name:
Father Ref:
Color Codes:
Proof of mates:
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Same Sex Couple Orphan Adoption

Postby Metallic Dragon » Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 am

Discover an Orphan!

The discover an orphan option is exclusively for zvers that cannot breed(eg. Same biological sex couples). Opposite sex couples may not use this option. Here couples that cannot breed may discover and adopt orphaned cubs. Since the ship that wrecked contained thousands of zvers of all ages, there are many cubs that can be found wandering alone. These cubs need loving families to take them in and care for them as they cannot survive on their own.

Cubs at discover an orphan work differently than breedings. Here the cubs do not contain only traits and colors from the adopting parents. These cubs often have 1-2 similar markings, but they are not biologically related. The owners of the zvers that discovered the orphan may choose several potential color palettes for the cubs and can suggest markings from their zvers that they would like to see on the orphan(this does not guarantee those markings or palettes will be used). Just note that the cubs may not look anything at all like their adopting parents.

As with the nursery, you must fill out a ticket to discover an orphan. That ticket is below.

Code: Select all
~Discover an Orphan~
Usernames:
Parent 1 Name:
Parent 1 Reference:
Parent 2 Name:
Parent 2 Reference:
1-2 Markings from parents you'd like to see in the orphan/s:
2-3 Color palettes:
Proof of mates:
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Pairings Awaiting completion

Postby Metallic Dragon » Fri May 18, 2018 8:11 am

[Username]|[Roll]|[Items Applied]
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Zver Nursery

Postby SkyWishes21 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:24 am

~Breeding Ticket~
Usernames: SkyWishes21
Mother Name: Sunspot
Mother Ref: xXx
Color Codes: #FAFDFF, #F0B622, #7CFCFC, #222352, #F751A8
Father Name: Nimbus
Father Ref: xXx
Color Codes: #DCF3FB, #6A8187, #FFFAE0, #B9B378, #72A2E4, #A279EA
Proof of mates: fanclub announcement from ages ago!
planet || whatever pronouns man || hi im back ig. what's up
SkyWishes21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me