Krishtarn Artists/Mods Needed!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:59 pm

Welcome!
Doubtless, you've never heard the name Krishtarn. That's because it's a species that's been in the works for quite some time now,
but this is the first time they've seen the light.

What is a Krishtarn?
Thought it might resemble a wolf in appearance, a Krishtarn has been found to be much closer in relations to bears. They come in 4 basic builds. Standard, Pygmy, Grim, and Opulent. Each pack has a handler (users choice, as long as it's not a feral) who can ride, feed and take care of the needs of your Krishtarn.

How can I get a Krishtarn of my own?
Well, it's different from most species here on CS. I based many of the mechanics on a species I had on DeviantArt a few years ago.
The way it works is a moderator will post an announcement that a wild Krishtarn has been spotted on the main topic for the species.
After this happens, users can do a drawing of the Krishtarn. They will then be entered into a drawing where the winner will be rolled from the entries. Somewhat like the Kalons here on CS, though quite different. A rare Krishtarn has the chance to appear once every two weeks, and a legendary once a month.
Another way to get a Krishtarn is to get one from other users who have received the genos from a breeding.

What is a Geno?
Essentially, a geno is what we call the 'description' of the Krishtarn. When a user asks the mods to roll for a breeding, they can receive 1-5 cubs.
There will be a design hub set up for official artists to design the Krishtarns for users. That or you can get any user who is willing to design it for you.

Do they cost money?
No USD or real currency is involved in the species. Users are more than welcome to trade their Krishtarns for CS as well as offsite currency like FlightRising and DeviantArt points.
Qualified moderators can receive payment for rare, legendary, mythic and deity edits, though we are volunteers, so we receive no pay besides this.

What can I do once I own one?:
Believe it or not, there's a ton you can do! One thing that makes this ARPG group so different is that it involves guilds. Once there are enough members, users can qualify for creating guilds after a certain amount of tasks are done.
Once a guild is created, users can join and leave different guilds, much like an MMORPG game. Not only this, but there will be 'raid bosses' that spawn on Saturdays. Guilds can participate in the event for chances to win edits, items and more!

There is breeding, scavenging, mining, hunting, fishing, and showing.

What if I don't want to be in a guild?
There is a general militia, but the payouts are less than being with a guild.

How do guilds work?

How they actually run is up to the guild leaders. Mods suggest that you contact each other through private messaging, or create a discord group.
Different level guilds will receive different bonuses.

BETA TESTING
Because this group is new, upcoming and needs a lot of love and suggestions, as well as time to get properly sorted out, there is a small beta testing window open for those interested in joining.

Beta Testers will receive special items and Krishtarn edits that will only be available during the testing phase. After that,
the items and edits will no longer be obtainable unless you trade for them with other users.

Beta Testers will also receive a build that is only available during testing. After testing is completed it will NOT be obtainable in the wild. They can only be obtained through a long messy line of breeding.

What if I can't draw?
No worries! If you don't feel comfortable doing art for your Krishtarns, writing is also allowed! This makes it easier for everyone,
especially if users are traveling.

Handlers:
Handlers can be human, anthro or fantasy species as long as it's actually possible for them to RIDE in the saddle on a Krishtarn. A dog cannot do this, nor could a cat, so they are disqualified.

We do ask that you do not create topics unless it's for storing your Krishs. This keeps it easier for CS mods. There will be the main post for the group in the Adoptable Oekaki art section, which will have all the subtopics edited into it.

MOD APPLICATION
Now for the part you were really looking for. Mod applications! You can private message me or post them here, and I will get back to you within a few hours at most. Unless I am asleep!

Code: Select all
I would like to be a Moderator!
[b]Have you had any experience with being a mod?[/b] yes/no
[b]Are you an artist?[/b]yes/no
[b]How much time do you have available to devote to the species?[/b]
[b]Do you have a dA?[/b]yes/no

Don't be afraid to apply, even if you haven't been a mod before! This species will be a big growth phase even for me, and I will have a lot to learn along the way as well.

Oekaki mods, if this is the wrong section, feel free to move it! I wasn't sure where it should go. <3

edit, I reported the topic to try to get it moved to beginners. Maybe there will be more interest there.
Last edited by ∘Raven∘ on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Krishtarn Artists/Moderators Needed!

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:33 am

Up
Kindness costs you nothing.
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Japani69Katti » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:39 am

Have you had any experience with being a mod? yes, I have been a mod to a few closed species that were quite new but I have been a mod to many other things, like dA groups.
Are you an artist? yes
How much time do you have available to devote to the species? I am a student so I have some time, but there will be days when I can't respond. I am very active on weekends.
Do you have a dA? Yes it is Japani69Katti
Japani69Katti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:08 am

Japani69Katti wrote:I would like to be a Moderator!
Have you had any experience with being a mod? yes, I have been a mod to a few closed species that were quite new but I have been a mod to many other things, like dA groups.
Are you an artist? yes
How much time do you have available to devote to the species? I am a student so I have some time, but there will be days when I can't respond. I am very active on weekends.
Do you have a dA? Yes it is Japani69Katti

Accepted! Welcome to the team!
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:22 am

Up
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Krishtarn Artists/Mods Needed!

Postby HoneyLavender࿐ » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:24 am

Have you had any experience with being a mod? yes
Are you an artist?yes
How much time do you have available to devote to the species? alot. (when I get home from school, vacations, weekends)
Do you have a dA?no

████████ Image

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Non-Binary - They/Them - Europe
Kalons - BM's - 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙#5098 - ©
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HoneyLavender࿐

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:48 am

Ana the Derp wrote:I would like to be a Moderator!
Have you had any experience with being a mod? yes
Are you an artist?yes
How much time do you have available to devote to the species? alot. (when I get home from school, vacations, weekends)
Do you have a dA?no

Accepted. Are you good being a general mod rather than an artist?
Welcome to the team!
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:07 am

up up
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ephemeris » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:15 am

Have you had any experience with being a mod? yes, I've run 2 adopt pages (1 is now dead, the other is active but slow). I've also been an artist for another adopt thread but the owner ended up closing the thread.
Are you an artist?yes!
How much time do you have available to devote to the species?I log on at least once or twice daily to catch up with posts and such, so I'm sure I could be plenty active here as well!
Do you have a dA?yes, but I don't use it at all so there's no reason to link it haha

Hello! I ♥ to draw and
write! My Instagram
is @Howling_Frost.
I'm also a fan of
Pokemon, Warriors,
HTTYD, Minecraft,
Legend of Zelda,
and a bunch of other
things!
Ephemeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:23 am

Fallen Felis wrote:I would like to be a Moderator!
Have you had any experience with being a mod? yes, I've run 2 adopt pages (1 is now dead, the other is active but slow). I've also been an artist for another adopt thread but the owner ended up closing the thread.
Are you an artist?yes!
How much time do you have available to devote to the species?I log on at least once or twice daily to catch up with posts and such, so I'm sure I could be plenty active here as well!
Do you have a dA?yes, but I don't use it at all so there's no reason to link it haha

Accepted! Expect to hear from either I or Elizabeta soon.
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me