Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

A blurred Galaxy by Vraska the Unseen

Artist Vraska the Unseen [gallery]
Time spent 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

A blurred Galaxy

Postby Vraska the Unseen » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:31 am

I was drifting, sinking, in a blurred silence. Most of my senses were not yet clear, yet touch seemed to have risen above the rest as I thumped down the rocky cliffs in my unhappy mother's jaws. I could only understand snippets of what my father beside her said, snippets of insults and unhappy words. In his eyes I was a disgrace, a little freak among my litter that would do nothing but hinder my family and their wishes. My mother protested quietly, from what I could hear, defending my small body between her paws while she spoke. I remember crying when she left me on the rocks for too long, her voice hoarse from the arguments with my persistent father. When I began to cry, my little voice no more than a goat like bleat, my mother pulled me onto her huge paw and gently shushed me. The galaxy above, blurry and vast, shown in her beautiful clear eyes. My mother is no more than a memory, a soft touch I yearn for once more but will never have again. My father pulled me close once, pressing his face harshly to mine until I kept his gaze. The look in those yellow, angry hues will forever haunt me. He was angry with me, furious that I of all his cubs had ended up with his father's genes and not his. His father, may he rest peacefully, had been a hideous thing with coarse fur and traits of an earthen goat. I.. am almost his twin. My father hated this, despised the fact that I carried the hind legs, horns, and even eyes, of the lion he hated so much. My father's fur was cold, lacking warmth and any softness like my mother's. He made me cry once more, my mother gently pulling my frame into an embrace before both of them were.. gone. Just black shapes getting further and further away as I tried to chase them up the ledges and cliffs. I failed, always falling back to the spot they left me near the base of the mountain. After a while of this I quickly realized I couldn't follow the only warmth I had ever known, back to the nest of squirming bodies and mewling I longed for. I was stuck, on the bottom of a mountain, for the cosmos only know how long, until.. I felt warmth again, a soothing deep voice mumbling things I couldn't quite understand with a strong body wrapped around my small one. I stopped the crying I didn't know I had been doing, son being scooped up and carried into an even warmer place, a place that unbeknownst to me, would be my home for the rest of my life.

This is the first image of the Cosmos Ob ever saw, in his mother's eyes. This is also the story of the day his parents left him. It's for a try-out forum for LoC, so I ask that you leave it as is.
Vraska the Unseen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me