Based on Click to view
Artist lupinsong [gallery]
Time spent 15 hours, 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

linework for Aiden

Postby lupinsong » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:25 am

edit:
finished the first one. got inspired watching bald eagles dive a few days ago and decided on a more dynamic position. also decided to rough up the style for the challenge(plus I was starting to bore of the cutesy style so common on this site)

so far just the lines

to do:
alpha lock and layers enough to kill a man
more tails/wings
bby lines
backgrounds?
color-in?
face/paw/color pallet
Raptor arms
lupinsong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: linework for Aiden

Postby lupinsong » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:03 pm

I finally got my tablet fixed (!!!) so now the fur actually looks good :D

Anyways, that's all as far as art goes. I might throw some other detail things in before the competition ends but this is the main work.

I'm thinking they would be called the Drasa and live primarily in mountainous regions given the suitable anatomy for it. They would live in caves on the mountainside or on stable outcroppings and that would be where they would form their dens. Like eagles, offspring would be uncommon but if a pair did manage to mate and produce more than a single viable egg there would be competition within the nest.
The main food source for this species would be either fish or smaller mammals (rabbits and such) depending on the surrounding biome. They are very carnivorous, there's no doubt of that. However, if times got hard it wouldn't be unknown for them to go after something as large as a sheep.
Coloration, I imagine, would be best suited to blending with the sky or surrounding mountains. The only exception to this would likely be males who could display bright colors as symbols of their strength and control over a territory.
lupinsong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me