Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Woolies by wibeke

Artist wibeke [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by wibeke

by wibeke

by wibeke

by wibeke

Woolies

Postby wibeke » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:44 am

Hello!
The thread is complete and ready to open, the first adopt will be posted soon! feel free to mark

History of Woolies:
Woolies are a small equine speices that originated in New Zealand. They originated as a simple gene splicing experiment to test the capabilities of a recent scientific breakthrough.
the original hybrids were beloved by their caretakers and were very well cared for, but their incredibly crafty nature soon became apparent. One by one the specimens escaped, some by squeezing their way under fences, others by learning to manipulate the locks on their stalls with their mouths, and others by displaying a fantastic jumping ability that completely surpassed that of their pony ancestors.
The fugitives made themselves at home among the many sheep flocks surrounding the laboratory. Upon tracking the animals down and attempting to return them home, they were stopped by farmers' children begging to let them keep their beloved new pets. They were removed anyways, brought back to the now reinforced facilities. And so they escaped again and again, each time finding their way back to the same farms they were taken from.
The hybrids, it seemed, would much rather be loved by a child than studied by adults.

The scientists begrudgingly relented, choosing to study the animals in their homes rather than attempting to contain them. they observed that the animals were gentle as could be to any young human, but were mischievous and pushy around any adult human that approached them. Though they didn't display any aggressive behavior, they seemed to delight in activities such as "accidentally" knocking them into mud puddles, stealing any scrap of food they could get their noses on, and galloping off with sets of keys. They also quickly mastered the art of acting just cute enough to prevent their hapless owners from rehoming them.

Once it was found that the animals readily bred in captivity and came in an amazing array of patterns and colors, they exploded in popularity as pets and spread throughout the world. They soon became known as "Woolies." They became very popular as pets partly due to their versatility- a wooly could serve as a pet, a surprisingly talented and even tempered riding pony, and a source of very soft wool.
Small feral populations also exist in herds functioning very similarly to wild horses. Though they do not look threatening, they are compact, muscular animals that have proven themselves more than capable of fending for themselves. These wild woolies show a similar fondness for children, and have been known on several occasions to lead lost children back to civilization. They're almost as well known for their incredible ability to ransack camp grounds. In a wooly populated area you hide your camp from tiny fluffy terrors, not bears.

Info:
Height: roughly 12 to 14.2 hands on average, 15 at the largest. There have been several attempts to breed taller strains, but large animals overheat very easily and their increased size also makes their mischievous nature far more dangerous.

Lifespan: 30-35 years, 50 at most. They tend to be sturdier and healthier than most horse and sheep breeds.

Apperance: Both male and female woollies have horns. Male's horns are curved, similar to those of a big horn ram. Females have short, pointed horns.

Rules/Adoption:

Woolies for adoption will be posted under the main thread. To apply for them, follow the prompt listed on the adopt.

MYO's may be available at a later date.

Woolies currently can not be bred, but may be able to in the future.

Woolies are a closed species. You may not make your own without express permission.

Woolies can be traded for other woolies or gifted to other users, but they may not be sold or traded for characters outside of the species.

Don't be rude!

Rarities:

common: unedited lines, any color and pattern found in equines excluding appaloosa, chimera, zebra, and brindle.

uncommon: longer or shorter wool, any pattern or coloring found on any hooved mammal excluding chimera, forelock and tail variations

rare: No wool, chimera patterns, custom horns, height over 15 hands (16.2 hands max), an unnatural accent color that covers no more than 25% of the body

mythical: magic powers, wings, scales, extra legs, unnatural coloring, etc. Mythical traits must be approved by me, wibeke.

Last edited by wibeke on Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jen they/them ace dumpster fire
aka wibekapedia

always open for commissions on DA

talk to me about pigeons!

● ● ●

art shop - deviantart
my kalons
wibeke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Woolies - WIP

Postby wibeke » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:47 pm

Open for posting!

aka wibekapedia

● ● ●

art shop - deviantart
my kalons
wibeke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Woolies

Postby Sunniedew » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:52 am

eep! these are so cute!!
sunnie/snakies he/it
-average rudolph enjoyer
-probably playing apex legends
please do not send me messages
or trades unless prompted <3

(random PMs/trades give me an
anxiety spike if I'm not expecting
them, but if i've posted an
ad/messaged you first ofc it's fine)

✧ Oekaki Art Shop

✧ Range Trotters
Sunniedew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Half Tree » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:06 am

These are absolutely adorable. <33
════════════════════════════◈════════════════════════════

....................................................INFP - she/her - critical role fan

...........................................................kalons - tolters - collies
...........Image

════════════════════════════◈════════════════════════════

Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:28 am

Ahhh these are so cute!
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wibeke » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:25 am

aka wibekapedia

● ● ●

art shop - deviantart
my kalons
wibeke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:29 pm

Marking! <3
Thiedall © HowlingHooves

Current Work:
Trotter stuff

«——————————»
Range Trotters
Acanthelle
Svedala Walking Equines
«——————————»
Adelaron Trotters
Adelaron SWEs
«——————————»

HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wibeke » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:14 am

Wooly #3 is up for adoption! it a simple short story comp:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3672511

And i've also opened an artist search, check it out if you want to join the team:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3672558

aka wibekapedia

● ● ●

art shop - deviantart
my kalons
wibeke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mango30 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:47 pm

I don't think I've marked this yet! Mark!
Hello! I'm Mango30, but I'm usually just called Mango, Puff or River. Really any of those are fine with me! I am a girl and would prefer the pronouns she/her. I ride horses, English style, and I love drawing and anything with horses! I'm completely obsessed horse adopts on here, so please feel free to tell me about any! I watch anime, Transformers Prime, RiD and a little TFA. The animes I watch are Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note, Ouran High Host Club, Soul Eater, Fate Apocrypha, and the Seven Deadly Sins. I'm getting into Supernatural, Merlin, and some other shows like The Dragon Prince. This is just some basic information about me, so PM me if you ever want to talk! I'm free pretty much all the time! I don't bite!

Note: I tend to get a little awkward or anxious, which leads me to ask lots of questions. I'm sorry about that, I just tend to doubt myself sometimes!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mango30

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violenca » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:00 am

mark <33

art by kirwick