Pillowtail Artist Entry #1 by 76heart

Based on Click to view
Artist 76heart [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Pillowtail Artist Entry #1

Postby 76heart » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:42 pm

Somehow, in an area she knew almost as well as she knew the fluff on her tail, she found herself horribly lost. Her paws felt absolutely frozen, and while she normally had a high tolerance for the cold, her body was somehow wracked with shivers. She was honestly surprised that icicles had not yet formed on her wet nose, or her paws for that matter, as they certainly felt like they had been turned to ice with each step she took. It felt like such an effort to move, and she was so very tired. She wanted to pause, but she knew she had to keep going, and that she couldn't stop or it could be uncertain that she'd ever move again.
After what felt like hours, she finally spotted a darkness in the distance, one that looked like the opening to a cave. It wasn't the one she usually stayed in, but it would certainly do until the snow flurries lessened so she could finally see where she was. She forced her tired legs to move faster through the snow, and she could not describe the relief she felt when she began to more clearly see the entrance. Wait... Was it.. glowing? That was strange, caves didn't usually glow, did they? Or had she managed to forget simple things like that while wandering through the snow? No matter, it would provide shelter, and a place to sleep. If another Pillowtail called it home, she was sure they would be willing to share it just for a night. She felt a large shiver wrack her form as she finally trudged inside, and likely would have collapsed onto the stone if she hadn't spotted a brightly glowing crystal. She blinked. That had to be a trick of the light, or her mind playing tricks, but after she looked around, she noticed that every crystal within the crystalline cave glowed, and and quite brightly. That couldn't be normal, could it? She wanted to question it, to leave since that abnormality sent her snow covered fur on end, but she couldn't, she was too tired, and something made her want to stay. Slowly, she stepped forward, her limbs shaking, and suddenly, she collapsed, falling fast asleep.
When she opened her eyes the next morning, the first thing she saw was the orange rays of sunlight beginning to peak into the cave and cause the snow to glisten, as well as dim the glow from the crystals. Glow... crystals.. That wasn't right. She leapt to her feet, and spun around, glancing about, her fur beginning to stand on end. These weren't any crystals she knew, and certainly not the ones that she knew could glow under certain circumstances. This wasn't right at all, she had to leave, but as she turned to go, she caught sight of her paw, and let out a cry at the sight of bright lines, like cracked stone, beginning to spiral up her foreleg.❞

*i'm only using she/her pronouns since that's what i see this entry as but go ahead and replace it with whatever pronoun you'd like c:

AND IT'S DONE
+ a little writing piece to go with it so i at least feel better about all the hours i spent on it since it didn't turn out at all how i wanted it too and apart from the eyes and glow I'm really not happy with it since i wanted to highlight it really nicely and then realized i need more highlight practice with watercolors though i did try my best and i hope you like it!
glowless: x x

highkey based on banes/rot in general from the wonderful game called armello
[edits]
common: pupil edit
uncommon: sclera edits
rare: the stuff coming off of the eyes would classify as rare I'm assuming?

this isn't at all finished yet but i'm posting it since my mouse decided to be a pain and not even be inside the circle that does the drawing, and i didn't want to ask a mod to move it to entries since I'd have to post it somewhere else, so here is my first entry so far
i should have done a post for my entries since i want to do at least three but that only happened after i started this so I'm sorry about that ahhh
timer is also probably only off by an hour or so since i kept fiddling with the eyes and eye smoke stuff since i just couldn't get it to my liking and i'm still not at all happy with the base color but i think I have an idea for it
Last edited by 76heart on Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pillowtail Artist Entry #1

Postby PastelCupid » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:07 pm

like it so far!
I’m not on here much anymore.. feel free to message me if you need something !
PastelCupid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:24 pm

Ciel Phantomhive. wrote:like it so far!

ahh thank you! i'm finishing it now, and i promise my next entries won't be so watercolor brush heavy since that doesn't really seem the pillowtail style from what i''ve seen so far
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PastelCupid » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:55 pm

Welcome to the crew <3
I’m not on here much anymore.. feel free to message me if you need something !
PastelCupid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Ciel Phantomhive. wrote:Welcome to the crew <3

ahhh thank you <3 I'll try and get one up tomorrow if that's okay!
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me