Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Chrysaora Basiliks | Map of Lucent by crumpled wings

Based on Click to view
Artist crumpled wings [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Chrysaora Basiliks | Map of Lucent

Postby crumpled wings » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:47 am

information;;

general overview:
      the caves of lucent are large and varied. this map only shows large major features, the cavern walls themselves contain many smaller tunnels and unexplored minor-caverns. the furthest reaches of the caverns, although never travelled, are believed to be surrounded by water and solid cavern walls, effectively making the caverns into a porous bowl.

time:
      a total day is 27 hours, 4 of them being the pitch black of night, 4 of them being stages of dusk/dawn, and the remaining 19 being full light. even when at the highest point of day, the lighting resembles a somewhat overcast day.

special features:
      the great cavern - the main cavern on lucent, it take just over a week to cross it at its shortest point
      the tenebris - much of lucent is too wild and dark to be explored or populated by people, these wild areas are called the darkness, or tenebris
      ortus pass - opening on the eastern side of the cavern
      occasus cavern - western cavern containing tenebris and the largest body of water known
      lux anime - the soul of lucent, this is a geological wonder which allows light into the caverns which drives the cycles of day and night, often a destination of pilgrimages and rites of passage
      extasia falls - a huge water formation at the base of lux anime, some say there is a cavern behind it containing healing water but no one knows for sure, or at least hasn't survived trying to confirm this belief
      cumatilis - the large, ocean-like body of water in occasus cavern
      fenestra - a dangerous pass into occasus cavern, prone to rock falls, landslides, and predators
      fauces - a pass that is the fastest way to reach settlements on the other side of the cavern, but is home to bandits
      salus - named haven, but is not quite one, this alcove is a favored watering hole for wild chrysaora
      silva - a hidden forest that has never been reached by humans, this is a preferred breeding ground of chrysaora
      aquilo - northern lake that is a important to plains settlements
      septentrio river - river spanning the great cavern that is spanned by a large bridge on the sospes trail

habitat types;;

mountain/tunnel:
      these territories are usually close to cavern walls, and are generally rocky, dark, and hard to navigate. precious gems are abundant in these areas, and craftsmen are often found changing their luck to collect them. it is easy to get lost in these areas, and there are certain species of large reptiles and felines that call the rugged terrain home.

plains:
      plains territories are wide and open, covered in various species of tall grasses. the grasses tend to glow when disturbed, showing paths of anything that travels through. this is both good and bad, as although it shows where predators might be, it also shows them where you might be. luckily, wind often plagues these areas, somewhat nulling the effect.

forest:
      the forests of lucent are dense and lush, full of various plants and animals, many of which are toxic. the forests have many resources, yet humans rarely venture into them due to the plethora of hazards, these forests are easily the most dangerous aspect of lucent.

settlement types;;

mountain strongholds/wall cities:
      mountain strongholds are cities built into the ledges and tunnels of the cavern walls. these cities are contructed in tiers, so that the ground level houses livestock, the mid-levels contain craftsmen and traders, and the top tier is homes. these cities are usually extremely fortified and well guarded.

included settlements on map:
      1- Damarus
      3- Caldar
      5- Savros
      6- Medain
      7- Lavdrae
      10- Drahl

plain/farming cities:
      plain settlements are large farming cities. usually surrounded by a tall wall, they are set up in a bulls-eye pattern, the outer layer being for animal husbandry, the middle layer containing the homes of people, and the center of the city being a large trading center. outside the wall are large plots of growing land, which are tended to during the day.

included settlements on map:
      2- Irivua
      4- Eleifiend
      8- Quasira
      9- Peregrinus
      11- Unda
crumpled wings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes