Starshine #025 by Cosmonaut

Based on Click to view
Artist Cosmonaut [gallery]
Time spent 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Starshine #025

Postby Cosmonaut » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:42 pm

What are Starshines? wrote:Starshines are a species that sparkle and shine!

Observed in deep space, the species has been found to be sentient and very friendly towards others. Astrobiologists are calling for all interested persons to come forward and take care of some for further research.

The species seems to possess a special type of flesh which sparkles and shines. This effect is apparent in their eyes, noses, mouths, and pawpads, as well as a mysterious 'charm' which they wear on assorted fabrics adorning their bodies.

A simple, natural-ish design! <3
So sorry for the inactivity!

To win this little kitten, tell me about their connection to nature! Do they enjoy hikes, gardening, etc.? You can also share a picture of their favourite place outdoors!

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
(Optional) Picture:

Ends 9 September!
Cosmonaut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Starshine #025

Postby NeoLetiecq » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:05 pm

Username: neoletiecq
Name: Turtle(nickname:Jade)
Prompt Answer: Turtle absolutely loves strolling through a nearby small forest. Her favorite part is seeing all the wildlife, and going to the waterfall. There is a large, hidden waterfall that empties into a large stream, and Turtle likes to sit on a rock and watch the water. She's is fascinated by the turtles that climb up into logs in the center of the stream, and she can spend hours watching the shelled creatures. She also enjoys collecting little shimmery shells that oddly, are readily available in the freshwater stream.
(Optional) Picture:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9qr51NetkHM/T ... ers+HD.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nhsmdVMu_4k/T ... s+HD+3.jpg
some were born to sing the blues
NeoLetiecq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:25 pm

Username: Sunlitsecrets
Name: Bramble
Prompt Answer:
Maybe you've seen him.
. He's a short-legged, clumsy little fellow, stumbling across the forest floor to another strange plant. Once he gets there, he sits down, takes a pencil out from behind one ear, and starts to sketch. Maybe you lean in over his shoulder, take a look. It looks almost exactly like the real thing, a perfect little replica of nature.
. He writes a few notes next to his drawing, flicks forward a couple pages - and maybe then you notice that the entire notebook is filled with the sketches, not just of plants but animals too, a little nature catologue before you, filled with the knowledge that only comes from years of effort.
. Maybe you think that's impressive. Maybe you don't. But before you can do any more, he mumbles a bit to himself, picks up the book, and continues on his search for the next plant on his list.
(Optional) Picture:
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stormwarden » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:18 am

| username. Stormwarden
| name. Chloe
⟶ means "green shoot" in Greek
⟶ an epithet of the Greek goddess Demeter
| gender. female

Botany sucked.

Chloe thought it'd be fine! She'd grown up surrounded and immersed in nature because of the sprawling wilds in her backyard.

And she loved it. She loved it all: the way the land looked sleepy in a fog, the smell of the fresh earth after an invigorating rain, the sounds of the nocturnal critters waking at dusk to roam about in the night.

But the class was . . . boring. She didn't want to learn about plasmodesmata in cell walls or thylakoids in chloroplast.

Chloe knew more about nature than her professor could ever teach her. She had felt the sun on her back, her stripes mimicking the sunspots on the forest floor from the light falling through the canopy above.

She'd seen plants greener than her own eyes and paws. This was where she belonged — outside, interacting with the plants and nature, studying them firsthand.

Oh, a botany course could never compare.
Stormwarden

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cosmonaut » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:55 pm

Bump! ^^
Cosmonaut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cosmonaut » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:14 pm

Stormwarden wins the Starshine! I really love your story, it gives a good insight into Chloe's personality.

And an HM for Sunlitsecrets!

I'm so sorry this took me so long to judge, I've been really busy lately. ^^"
Cosmonaut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stormwarden » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:20 pm

Cosmonaut wrote:Stormwarden wins the Starshine! I really love your story, it gives a good insight into Chloe's personality.

And an HM for Sunlitsecrets!

I'm so sorry this took me so long to judge, I've been really busy lately. ^^"

ahh thanks so much, and congrats to sunlitsecrets <3
┌────────┐

storm . she/her . adult

Image Image Image

trade with me?

└────────┘

┌────────┐

there's nothing here...

└────────┘
Stormwarden