Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Starshines - Returned Pg 16 by kiwipen

Based on Click to view
Artist kiwipen [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 11
115 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Starshines - Returned Pg 16

Postby kiwipen » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:30 am

What are Starshines? wrote:Starshines are a species that sparkle and shine!

Observed in deep space, the species has been found to be sentient and very friendly towards others. Astrobiologists are calling for all interested persons to come forward and take care of some for further research.

The species seems to possess a special type of flesh which sparkles and shines. This effect is apparent in their eyes, noses, mouths, and pawpads, as well as a mysterious 'charm' which they wear on assorted fabrics adorning their bodies.

Species Guide wrote:Starshines are soft, fluffy creatures who are identified easily by their short stubby legs, fluffy chests, and of course, sparkling eyes, paws, and noses. They do not need oxygen to exist, capable of both space travel and underwater exploration easily in the same breadth. They eat a varying diet of fish and insects, choosing light meats when necessary. Despite this, they are omnivorous.
Their flesh is incredibly squishy and pokeable, making the species even more flexible than one might think. They are able to bend and contort their bodies as needed. They stand, at most, 6 inches or 15 cm tall. They have a variety of mutations that are all harmless, and merely serve to show off their identity.

Starshines are incredibly social creatures who, at their core, are obsessed with looks and hygiene. Starshines are capable of weaving and making their own fabrics, which they then design themselves to show off their unique personalities and tastes. Additionally, there is never a dirty Starshine, as they groom themselves when needed. Their fur is designed to not retain dirt, water, grime, or other pollutants that may tarnish a Starshine's coat.

Starshines are as intelligent as humans, capable of creating technology, forming deep platonic and romantic social bonds, and communciating with one another.

Last edited by kiwipen on Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:01 am, edited 40 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

From now on, all species on this website that I personally own and manage follow a new set of rules;

These rules can be found here:
Click me!

The old rules have been archived for transparency's sake; you may view them here;
Click me!

Rarity System

starshine trait system

Standard / Common Starshine Adopts can have any number of standard edits.
Every five adopts made by each artist, they can make one Starshine with up to two Limited Edits :)
Legendary Traits are limited to special events, customs, and store purchases.

standard (free) edits:
fabric accessory anywhere | accessory edits | any expression or eye edits | any hair edits | any pupil edits | any glitter edits | scars | tongue edits | any tail edits | any fur edits | colored sclera | missing eye | extra eyes (one set) | custom lined | fang | ear

limited (not free) edits;
multiple fabric places | one wing set | glowing anywhere | extra tails (+1 trait per tail max three ) | split tail (+1 trait per split max three) | one halo | one or two missing limbs (1 trait covers one or both) | horns (one or multiple sets) | charm anywhere but the fabric | extra eyes (+1 trait per additional set of two, limit of 20 extra eyes) | height edit | total heterochromia

legendary traits;
multiple charms | extra wing sets (+1 trait per set) | multiple heads (+1 trait per head) | multiple halos (+1 trait per halo) | tails after three (+1 trait per tail max 9 | extra limb (+1 trait per set of extra, max eight total limbs on starshine) | species change (anything other than a cat) | goo | gene splicing | gills | form change

event-only traits
corruption | tailmouth

Last edited by kiwipen on Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:40 am, edited 15 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

In Depth Guide

What makes a Starshine 'unique'?

There are three things that identifies a starshine:

• Their sparkling eyes, paws, and noses (and tongues!) --- they leave a trail of stardust behind them as they move.
  • Their charm, a special object of any shape that matches the color of their sparkling flesh and eyes.
  • Their Accessory, a special scrap of fabric that is handmade by the Starshine.

Design Limits --- Sparkle

The flesh or the 'Sparkle' of a Starshine is allowed to be ANY COLOR, including multicolored! That means that any Starshine can have any kind of Sparkle they desire.

Design Limits --- Charm

The Charm of a Starshine is allowed to be any shape as long as there is one of them. Stars, circles, clubs, the sky's the limit with Charms! However, multiple Charms is a rarity, and not allowed in normal Starshines.

Design Limits --- Fabric Accessory

[list]The Accessory of a Starshine is a special scrap of fabric that Starshines make in a rite of passage into adulthood. They spend days, weeks, or even months working on this until it fully and completely expresses who they are. Therefore, there are no hard design limits on the scrap of fabric itself.

However, the placement / type of fabric / clothing it expresses as DOES matter, so while any Accessory can have any pattern, the placement on the body is very important. Most Starshines keep their Accessories close to their heart, so cloaks, bandanas, and collars are common. However, the further away the Accessory is, the rarer it is.

A Fabric Accessory must be;;:
Fabric
It must have a pattern on it that isn't just a gradient.

Fabric is defined as something that is cotton, silk, flannel, etc.
It cannot be ;;; Fur, 'fake' fabrics (such as cobwebs, fire, water, etc.)

Additionally, almost all Starshines have ONE Accessory --- only a rare few Starshines have multiple Accessories. Even then, the Accessories have the same pattern on it, there are just many Accessories.
Last edited by kiwipen on Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:43 am, edited 8 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

HM System

Postby kiwipen » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:31 am

HM System has been retired, unfortunately.
Last edited by kiwipen on Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Starshines (Please Do Not Post)

Owner
reygankiwi | #44715

Archivist
krazykitty00 | #755270

artist compensation
artists earn artist points, which can be tracked here.
free adopts are worth 2 artist points, paid adopts worth 1.
free nursery adopts are worth 4 artist points, paid nursery adopts worth 2. this is per child.
in addition to artist points, you earn one standard myo for the first adopt you make per month.

pricing guide
minimum price for all paid adopts (customs, adoptables, nursery batches) are 80 C$ or $5 USD [ usd sales MUST be discussed offsite]
feel free to take currency from other websites if you'd prefer, as long as their tos allows it.
(Artists can only do common and uncommon customs at this time)

artist rules
complete your customs and rus within a month of promising them, or another artist will be allowed to take them over.
taking money and not doing the work is not okay and you will be banned from the species if you take money and don't do the work.
try to stay active and make one free adoptable every month you're active.
inactivity for three months = removal from the team

owner promise;
if you get scammed from an artist of mine that i hire; if they don't complete their work in a timely manner but take your money, i encourage you to report them to the appropriate channels for a potential refund. in addition, i will do the work myself or i *will* personally pay an artist i can trust to do your work for you in a timely manner. i cannot step in for usd transactions.
Last edited by kiwipen on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:56 am, edited 14 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Starshines (Please Do Not Post)

Stamps

Made by Krazykitty00 and Cosmonaut!

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=3508528][img]http://i.imgur.com/1WGqr4T.png[/img][/url]

Made by Krazykitty00 and Cosmonaut!

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=3508528][img]http://i.imgur.com/FaaeS5M.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by kiwipen on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Starshines (Open for Posting)

Postby kiwipen » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:32 am

Open for Marking!
kiwipen