Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Background by spooks.

Artist spooks. [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by spooks.

Background

Postby spooks. » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:15 pm

☆ ☆ ☆
    i tried drawing a background.
    i had a reference but i
    changed a lot of it though.

any critique??
    ☆ ☆ ☆
baby you're a haunted house
better find another superstition
spooks.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Background

Postby Galipaygo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:03 pm

You’re on the right track to getting backgrounds pretty professionally! Some critique I have may sound like criticism, but it’s just to help you improve. I swear ^^
The background sidewalk seems like it is trying to sit up? Just try to angle the second line closer and it’ll give it a nice flat look if you’re not on a sudden hill. The stop sign I can tell was difficult for you, but it looks good! Just a little slanted as if you tilted the “page” too much. Regarding shadows, make sure they all go the same direction. You seemed to follow this fine but the light post’s shadow is difderent than the stop sign and car’s. An easy way to fix this is to try drawing some sort of way you know where light comes from? As in if you have high noon, the shadows will be under the objects, whereas if you have dusk it is way to one side of the piece. Maybe draw in the sun or moon where it is in a new layer and delete the layer once shadows are done? Just to help. The tree looks a little flat, but at least it’s still recognizable as a tree! Just add some subtle darker shadows and lighting where light is and where light can’t get to give it a nice textured and popping look. But not too much! I could get nit picky about how side walk lines don’t go all the way down and such but you honestly are doing great so far! It is very clear that you are good at drawing scenery and have a lot of room to grow! Keep at it!
Devote oneself to something beautiful.

"May your dreams become bestsellers" -Galipaygo
"Don't listen to what others say. They don't know you and your limits." -?

I love gifting people! Please don't ban for it
Galipaygo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me