Wha's this? by a snoozing skerple

Based on Click to view
Artist a snoozing skerple [gallery]
Time spent 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Wha's this?

Postby a snoozing skerple » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:16 pm

Just curious what breed happens to spring to mind when looking at this. If it helps any, the coat in mind is flaxen sorrel sabino.

And this is because our ranch takes in horses from kill lots and.. well, the kill lots will often provide some information, but oftentimes they just make stuff up to fill in the blanks, if they don't flat out lie about it.
Two of the horses we got years ago were "belgian draft brothers", Samson and Goliath. Now they were very similarly colored, both over 30, and the two of them had the scars and bald marks in all the right places to indicate that they were both used in pulling. The fact they went in together and were pretty much inseparable probably added this all up to them being "brothers" to the kill lot staff.

Thing is we really don't believe that they were related in the slightest, and the curiosity is really stuck in there. Samson was the most easily identified, perfect picture of a belgian draft horse you could find. Needed a ton of fattening up, mind you, but he was about as belgian as they come.
Goliath, on the other hand.. well, I can't find any pictures of a belgian that has his shape. I can't find any perfect pictures of clydes, shires, percheron, vanners, frisians, or brabants that have a chest and butt like him either - brabants came close in the chest, but theirs still don't dip low enough, and his butt was much too small and angular to pass for one. He was literally built like a moose. HUGE chest, tiny belly, tiny jutting hips, a nose like a clyde, ears like a mule, a neck as wide as his barrel, and hooves bigger than your freakin' head - to top it off at being 19hh.
a snoozing skerple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wha's this?

Postby Dia. » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:14 am

Please make sure to use editables as they are meant to be used.
This was meant for your to color in, not redraw.
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]