Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Sweetnose Mastiffs 2.0 - Hiatus by jensen ackles

Based on Click to view
Artist jensen ackles [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 52 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
46 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Sweetnose Mastiffs 2.0 - Hiatus

Postby jensen ackles » Thu May 18, 2017 11:46 am

About Sweetnose Mastiffs wrote:
Sweetnose Mastiffs are a large working breed that are guard, hunting, and companion dogs. They require a fair amount of energy, meaning they are not suitable for sitting in a home all day unless the owner expects chewed up furniture. Sweetnose Mastiffs are very affectionate and friendly, although generally intimidating; they are quite intelligent and are eager to please, making them a good pet for those in active lifestyles.

The males average about 90 - 130 pounds, roughly about 26-30 inches high; females average about 80-110 pounds and 25-28 inches high. They are registered in the FCI Group #2, Section 2.

For more information on these giants, check out the information thread linked above!

How do you adopt them? It's simple! Find an open adoptable, or find someone who is gifting their mastiff!
      ▪ Open adoptables have a dark background
      ▪ Owned dogs have a transparent background
      ▪ Dogs being gifted will retain the transparent background

species, species art, and species credit are to original owner gator vocals
      official species banner made by jensen ackles

Last edited by Venatici on Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 33 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Guidelines and Rules

These are the guidelines and rules you must abide by when adopting a sweetnose mastiff. By posting on Sweetnose Mastiff threads, owning one, or attempting to obtain one, you automatically agree to these.

Community Rules
      ▪ Follow all of the CS site rules; we will enforce them or have CS staff enforce them
      ▪ Respect others and treat everyone with kindness, especially Sweetnose moderators
      ▪ Do not impersonate staff, nor ask to be staff unless applications are open
      ▪ Do not spam any of the threads or they may become locked
      ▪ Guilt tripping or complaining about not winning a mastiff is not tolerated
      ▪ Sweetnose Mastiffs are a closed species, and only hired artists may make them
      ▪ Any issues are to be PM'ed to the moderators; if it is very serious, then PM the admins. If it is an issue where CS staff must be involved, then please contact us and we will contact staff to discuss the issue.

Ownership Rules
      ▪ You may own as many dogs as you can handle, but do not adopt them just to give them away or use as a breeder (should breeding open)
      ▪ Feel free to gift your Mastiff, BUT you (the original owner) must post the new user on the dogs page and notify the archivist
        ▪ Under previous rules, users were allowed to trade / sell their mastiffs. As if 5/17/2017, mastiffs will only allowed to be gifted or to be put up for readoption. However, any mastiff obtained before this date will follow previous trading and selling rules. The new owner would not be allowed to trade / sell after obtaining them, as they would obtain them after this date
      ▪ Do not claim a mastiff that is not yours to claim
      ▪ You may not alter any designs without staff approval
      ▪ Member customs can only be obtained through events or games, or gifted from admins as seen fit (exemplary behavior, helping other users, etc)

Custom rules are located on the artists hub
      Breeding rules are located on the artists hub

Disclaimer: as of 5/17/2017, the sweetnose mastiff staff retain the right to revoke an adopt as seen fit. Any mastiff obtained before this date will not go under this rule; however, if a new owner is given after this date, this rule will now stand in place as they did not own the mastiff before the date.
      Rules are subject to change as we see fit.
Last edited by Venatici on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff and Applications

Owners
      Dep
      Neah Walker

Moderators
      jensen ackles - In Training

Artists
      Placebo - Ghost Artist
      tea! - Ghost Artist
      dave. - Ghost Artist
      demonthief. - Full Artist
      jensen ackles - Full Artist
      Ezai - Ghost Artist
      vintage rose - Main Artist
      watchdog. - Ghost Artist

Archivist
      Diamond Sapphire

Judge
      SergeantWinter
      dave.
      gabriel reyes

Moderator wrote:as the community is growing, we're going to start needing moderators to keep an eye on things while artists focus on adopts and admins focus on species structure. moderators have the hardest job out of all the staff members, as they are required to keep an eye on sweetnose threads and help out members who need it. there are only certain people who I will hire for moderators, so this is a note that I am not required to hire mods and that I may close this or indefinitely keep it open. I am looking to hire 2-3 mods.

the job of a moderator is to keep an eye on the community and help users as need be, and make sure the sweetnose rules are being followed. if a cs rule is being broken, it is expected you let me know and make sure to report the post for cs mods. moderators also have a large input on rules and moderators are expected to give their input on issues that are in the community, and a 'hive mind' idea is not what sweetnose moderators should have. all moderators should get along as the moderating staff is it's own separate 'sub unit'- think of a small team within the larger staff group.
while neah and I have the ultimate say on an issue, moderators should be able to make decisions within good reason; if neither neah or I are online and someone might be breaking rules, the moderators should be able to discuss amongst themselves what to do in the situation and take action. all the moderators have an equal say, but a moderator should be able to decide when an issue can be handled by themselves or when they need the moderating team to discuss.

a moderator is required to handle issues without taking things personally, and to moderate everyone equally; no user should be persecuted more than the next, and no user should be granted leniency more than the next. rules are rules and both cs rules and sweetnose rules shouldn't be broken. moderators should be involved in the community and should remain friendly and approachable; your job is to keep users safe and keep rules enforced. you should be encouragement for people to contact moderators about breaking sweetnose rules, and encouragement to remind people to report posts that break cs rules.

your job will include:
- being involved with the sweetnose community on both chickensmoothie and discord
- interacting with members in a friendly and patient manner, helping users as needed and keeping rules in place
- encouraging users to report issues to you, and report cs rule breaking to cs mods
- keeping your moderating 'clean'; no bias, no taking things personally, no abusing power
- being active, but also being able to know when you need a break
- keeping information only to mods; if someone reported something to you, you shouldn't tell non-mods about it
- refraining from posting or causing negativity, including the 'salt blog' on tumblr

you will be required to join the discord if you haven't already
it is highly recommended you are willing to learn how to moderate certain situations for how I'd like things to be moderated
it is highly recommended you are an older member for maturity purposes

simple as pie! for any questions, comments, concerns, or inquiries please pm me. otherwise, you must pm me the form below. I will choose the person whom I feel is the best fit for the position, so there is no "deadline". there is 2-3 places for this position, but I may choose more people or none at all based on the applications. note that for the scenarios there might not necessarily be a 'correct' answer.

Code: Select all
    Username ;;
    How often are you online ;; (include hours and time zone)
    Are you on the community discord ;; (link on the main thread, if you need help figuring out discord let me know as it is a requirement for the staff chat)
    Do you have past experience ;; (I will look at any past experience, especially discord moderating positions: if you have experience, please link and/or explain)
    Why would you like this position ;;
    What would you contribute to the staff team ;;
    Do you agree and understand all the requirements above ;; (must be updated at least once every other week)

Scenario one ;; At some point in the day, you're the only moderator online and all the other staff are busy. There's a lot of people online in the chat, and they're discussing a popular fandom/series that everyone seems to be really involved in. There's a really popular ship and everyone's discussing it; one user pipes in that they don't read/watch/play the series and that maybe they can all switch to another discussion. For one reason or another, the chat ignores them and continues talking about this popular ship. You're still the only moderator online and the user who's feeling excluded messages you, asking you to tell them to stop because they don't ship what they're talking about and they don't understand all what is going on. What do you do, and what do you tell the user who privately contacted you, remembering you're the only staff online for the day?
    Scenario two ;; One of the artists recently hasn't been doing so great. Since all the staff know each other, you're aware that they're having a lot of trouble at home, they got diagnosed with an illness, and that things overall haven't been great. From the stress they went into the general chat and acted up towards other members, and it's making the community uncomfortable / making them feel unsafe. You know the staff member and the trouble they're going through, but many users have been approaching you to handle the situation and do something about the behavior. The admins are on vacation and you're trying to figure out with the other mods what to do. What would you suggest to the other mods what to do about the situation?

Question one ;; When is it necessary to go to cs mods instead of handling a situation yourself? How do you help a user who came to you about an issue that cs mods must deal with?
    Question two ;; When is it necessary to give someone a warning, versus giving a strike?
    Question three ;; When is it necessary to ask the discord channel to change topics or move to a different channel, and how do you address it when it is needed ?
    Any additional information / other ;;

Archivist wrote:in order for everyone here to focus on the jobs we take on, we need an archivist who is willing to document dogs and their owners. the archivist is required to update their archive at least once every other week so that they do not fall behind in archiving.
the archivist will be an official staff position, same as any other. due to previous archivists getting their custom and not finishing the archives, the archivist will not receive their 'upon hire' custom until the archive is completed.

your job will include:
- setting up an archive
- interacting with members in a friendly and patient manner
- maintaining archive records for sweetnose mastiffs and their owners (items and event archives are run by someone else)
- refraining from posting or causing negativity, including the 'salt blog' on tumblr

you will not be required to interact with the community or staff often, but you may have to contact members for things such as names
you will not be required to archive in a specific place; you may use whatever you feel comfortable (cs, google docs, etc)
you are recommended to join the discord to communicate with all staff easily, but it is not a requirement
it is highly recommended you are an older member for maturity purposes, but this is not a requirement

simple as pie! for any questions, comments, concerns, or inquiries please pm me. otherwise, you may either post OR pm me the form below. I will choose the person whom I feel is the best fit for the position, so there is no "deadline". there is only one person for this position, so there will only be one 'slot'.

Code: Select all
    Username ;;
    How often are you online ;;
    Will you be on the community discord ;; (not made yet)
    Do you have past experience ;; (I will look at any past experience, especially archivist positions: if you have experience, please link)
    Why would you like this position ;;
    What would you contribute to the staff team ;;
    Do you agree to keep the information up to date as described in the application ;; (must be updated at least once every other week)
    How often would you plan to update the archive ;;
    Any additional information / other ;;
Last edited by Venatici on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:53 am, edited 14 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Event Information

Postby jensen ackles » Thu May 18, 2017 11:47 am

No events are going on right now. Check back later!
Last edited by Venatici on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates, Stamps, and Extra Information

Postby jensen ackles » Thu May 18, 2017 11:48 am

will go here
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sweetnose Mastiffs - 2.0 wip, posting allowed

Postby vi‎ ‎ » Thu May 18, 2017 1:40 pm

mark! whoa, i'm first. <3
vi‎ ‎

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sweetnose Mastiffs - 2.0 wip, posting allowed

Postby Neah » Thu May 18, 2017 2:47 pm

Oh, this should be fun. Mark
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sweetnose Mastiffs - 2.0 wip, posting allowed

Postby ArtsheepNZ » Thu May 18, 2017 2:48 pm

how cute! mark!
xxxxxxxxWas previously Afflatedartist
im lonely
Hi there !
I'm from New Zealand!
I don't get on much anymore but
don't hesitate to PM me ! <3
other places you can find me

[ FR | FV | SM ]
Image my moon, my stars, my muse
xx
ArtsheepNZ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sweetnose Mastiffs - 2.0 wip, staff apps!

Postby Venatici » Fri May 19, 2017 1:23 pm

An application for archivist has been posted!
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗’𝚝 𝚒𝚝?
𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕.

𝙸’𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸’𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── ♥ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
taken ♥ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gayrosebark bark
beankilogramgiant rat

──────── ♥ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sweetnose Mastiffs - 2.0 wip, staff apps!

Postby nimrod. » Fri May 19, 2017 2:48 pm

glad to see these guys come back to life <3
nimrod.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me