Entry 2; Sneaky Snek by MelMellyMel

Based on Click to view
Artist MelMellyMel [gallery]
Time spent 1 day, 5 hours
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Entry 2; Sneaky Snek

Postby MelMellyMel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:14 pm

Second entry inspired by a snake (more like multiple snakes, but meh)! I probably failed at the markings resembling a snake's, but I still like how they turned out. I'm also shocked at the quality of the edits since I had no confidence in myself going into this. :") Feedback on this entry is greatly appreciated!

**Timer is most likely OFF**
EDIT: Yup.. May or may not have left the tab open overnight. :"P

Edits:

Standard: Tail shine, and teeth

Common: Hair (I believe this hair would be considered common, correct me if I'm wrong though!), and tail

Uncommon: Short fur, ears, pupils, and tongue

Previous Entries:

Entry 1
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏl ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hi, I'm just your average obsessed teenaged fan.
My interests include, but aren't limited to, Game
of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire, Pokémon, Harry Potter,
Overwatch, bands, and youtubers! Pm me if you
want to discuss any of those things. I don't care what
pronouns you use for me, I'm also asexual and
panromantic if you were wondering. Well, that's all I can think
to say for now, hope you're having a great day/night!
*insert DC eggs here*
Maybe click these guys if you have time?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ lᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ l▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Farasis My Kalons link credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴘᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x
MelMellyMel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Entry 2; Sneaky Snek

Postby Ember! » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi! I hope you don't mind me commenting here. I'll try a mix of critique and praise, but I'm not really good at judging things, so don't mind me too much!

First of all, I really love the snake markings! I'm curious to what snake inspired their pattern, cause they're absolutely gorgeous. Second of all, I love those eyes, but that's probably just a personal bias to the color, cause they're very similar to mine. I love how the tail narrows to a tip, which makes it look very reptilian, and I really love that you made the tail shine a rattle, cause rattlesnakes are my jam dude!!

Now for the critique. I find the hair a bit out-of-place. Maybe that's just be because it's based off a snake, and snakes don't have hair, but it might also be because of the color. If I were to choose, I'd make it a darker color, or something found somewhere else on the kalon. Also, this is just a minor irk of mine, (nothing really serious ) but the tongue looks a little wide for a snakes tongue.

Hope this helps! It looks really good over all, keep up the good work!
yo, it's ember! i'm here with a reminder that y'all are radical!! B)

DeviantArt // i like to draw <3 // ask me about commisions or art trades! //
// make that warrior cat! (my forum game!!) // a document full of cat pictures!! feel free to use for roleplays and the like. c: // cac, a forum game that's near and dear to my heart. check it out if you like writing and warrior cats! //
Ember!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Entry 2; Sneaky Snek

Postby MelMellyMel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Emberwisp wrote:Hi! I hope you don't mind me commenting here. I'll try a mix of critique and praise, but I'm not really good at judging things, so don't mind me too much!

First of all, I really love the snake markings! I'm curious to what snake inspired their pattern, cause they're absolutely gorgeous. Second of all, I love those eyes, but that's probably just a personal bias to the color, cause they're very similar to mine. I love how the tail narrows to a tip, which makes it look very reptilian, and I really love that you made the tail shine a rattle, cause rattlesnakes are my jam dude!!

Now for the critique. I find the hair a bit out-of-place. Maybe that's just be because it's based off a snake, and snakes don't have hair, but it might also be because of the color. If I were to choose, I'd make it a darker color, or something found somewhere else on the kalon. Also, this is just a minor irk of mine, (nothing really serious ) but the tongue looks a little wide for a snakes tongue.

Hope this helps! It looks really good over all, keep up the good work!

I don't mind one bit, thank you for even taking the time to comment!

First and foremost, the markings themselves were semi-inspired by a ball python's with my own twist, and the colors I chose were taken from a zoom-in on snake scales, so I have no idea what type they were! Regardless, I'm glad you like the markings since I really did work hard on them! The tail was probably one of the easier edits to come up with/make, and the shine just came naturally since it was one of the first things that came to mind when snakes were involved. I did consider making one of the marking patches the shine, but decided that it would blend in too much with the rest of the Kalon. I also specifically made the eyes that color because I loved how they seemed to pop in comparison to the darker markings around them, while also complimenting the base color of the Kalon as a whole.

As for the hair, I totally agree! I'll most likely come back and darken it, but I've just spent so much time on this entry already that I wanted to get it posted asap. For the tongue, I'll try making it a bit thinner while I'm at it fixing the hair. :"P
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏl ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hi, I'm just your average obsessed teenaged fan.
My interests include, but aren't limited to, Game
of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire, Pokémon, Harry Potter,
Overwatch, bands, and youtubers! Pm me if you
want to discuss any of those things. I don't care what
pronouns you use for me, I'm also asexual and
panromantic if you were wondering. Well, that's all I can think
to say for now, hope you're having a great day/night!
*insert DC eggs here*
Maybe click these guys if you have time?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ lᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ l▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Farasis My Kalons link credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴘᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x
MelMellyMel

My pets
My items
My wishlist