Scarred and Bruised by Lavellan

Based on Click to view
Artist Lavellan [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Scarred and Bruised

Postby Lavellan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:54 am

So, I saw these lines, and it reminded me of a story I wrote a long time ago!

In the story, a young dragonling is found by a greedy man. In an attempt to make the most money off his find, he sold the young dragon to the highest bidder - a collector of exotic animals.
    Kept in a small cage in a dark room, the dragonling, who once held a bright, jewel-like turquoise colouring, lost her spirit, and with it, her colour. Her colour fading, the man found her less and less intriguing, and just... forgot about her, his workers feeding her, but that was about it. Her growth was stunted by the small cage, and, even now, nearing maturity, she hasn't sprouted her wings.
    Her many attempts to escape left her scarred and bruised, and, her last escape would have been successful - if she had her wings. A startled guard dog did his job, stopping the creature, but leaving the young dragon with more cuts and scrapes - and blind in one eye.
    All hope of escape now lost, and bumping into almost everything, the young dragonling lost the remaining pigment of her skin, now nothing but a ghost, resigned to laying in the corner of her cage.
    Until one day...

Okay, so I may not have finished that story, but don't worry, she gets rescued, and her colour gradually returns! I might just colour her at her prime later...
Lavellan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me