Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

CherubCat adopt #9 // Special Valentine by allium

Based on Click to view
Artist allium [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

CherubCat adopt #9 // Special Valentine

Postby allium » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:27 pm

cherub cat adopt #9

What is a cherub cat? wrote:Cherub Cats are feline-like creatures with wings, magical cheek swirls, and prehensile tails capable of supporting their own weight. The adorable little things come from a realm similar to fantasy-medieval settings, but can be drawn in any setting including futuristic scenarios. Every Cherub Cat has their own unique personality, hobbies, and interests. No two Cherub Cats are exactly alike!

Main thread

Lets all pretend this Wasn't super late...

Edits:
-Custom hair
-Custom Expression
-Custom accessories
-Thicker chest fur
-Back mane
-Leg fuff
-Extra long fluffy tail
-Double wings
-Exclusive Heart shaped cheek swirls

For this comp, you have two prompt choices! Both prompts have no word limits, and no art limits!
This means that I expect more than a few sentences! I want to see a well thought out character though your answering of the prompt!

1. How did this cherub cats valentines day go? Who do they spend their time with, if anyone?

2. How does this cherub cat feel about relationships in general? Do they prefer open relationships, or the societal norm of a closed one?

-You may only pick one of the prompts to answer
-You may use as many words/art pieces as you want to answer the prompt
-Extras are fine
-prettying up is encouraged
-Off site forms are allowed

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]one of the two prompts: [/b]
[I]please list which one you've chosen[/I]

This will end on 3/11/17
good luck everyone!
if you don't have good intentions,
please just leave me alone. i'm tired.
allium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CherubCat adopt #9 // Special Valentine

Postby allium » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:52 pm

bump~
if you don't have good intentions,
please just leave me alone. i'm tired.
allium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:55 am

Bump
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 8RavenPhoenix8 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:29 am

Name: Andromeda Cupid

One of the two prompts:
Prompt 2 | OPEN. She's spent her whole career trying to express this to other Cherub Cats. For some reason everyone thinks it's better to keep their loved ones in the dark. 'What you don't know can't hurt you'? Ha! More like what you don't know can't hurt you at first but the longer they're in the dark the worse it'll be when they do know, and OH! They'll know eventually. It's always better to be Open so there are no harmful little surprises sneaking into the relationship. Once, Andromeda even shouted "YES, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL!" at the top of her lungs as tears formed in her eyes while sitting at her desk, listeneing to yet another Cherub Cat ask if he should admit he was cheating on his girlfriend. She then shouted "YOU NEED. TO BE. OPEN," with a pained expression as she sprawled across the desk, crawling closer to his face. Not surprisingly, he made a run for it and never came back. 'What about Andromeda's past relationships?' You find yourself asking. Well, she has had relationships in the past. Some guys some girls and inbetween. They weren't very open with her, which is why Andromeda dumped them all. Nowadays she just sighs and screams into her pillow when she gets home when this happens.

Personality:
Andromeda seems very stressed out and overly dramatic when at work, listening to the prattlings of various Cherub Cats about their relationships, and she is. However, she's actually a pretty chill Cherub Cat when not burdened with work. Sometimes you'll find her hanging upside down on a tree by her tail, and she'll talk to you from there before realizing all her blood is going to her brain and she sits on the branch instead. She's witty and sarcastic, and easily excited. Many Cherub Cats say she isn't all that different from when she was just a sweet and bubbly kit. She cares much more about the lives of her friends and she's the gal to go to when you have a problem. She likes to solve disputes through talking and not violence, and some call her the "Burn Meister". This is just silly though.

Job:
So you're probably wondering what this job is, right? Well you see, her job is literally being a Cupid. Not the kind with the fancy love magic but the kind that gives relationship advice. Yes, this is her legitimate job that's been passed down in her family ever since one guy started getting payed for advice and changed his last name to Cupid. There are other Cherub Cats working at Cupid's Relationship Advice, some secretaries, a couple of other "Cupids", and some CITs, Cupids in Training. Most Cherub Cats go to Andromeda however, she's the one with the family name after all.

Last edited by 8RavenPhoenix8 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:40 am, edited 8 times in total.
8RavenPhoenix8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby friggin' foxes » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:21 pm

Name: Ami

one of the two prompts: Two
She prefers to assist people and cherubcats with they're love issues rather then having her own. She finds relationships useless but loves how happy it makes others. Valentine's day is the day she helps men pick out flowers and candy and girls figure out which dress would look better. She loves it on the side lines and never would want it to change.
some info

budding artist
they/them or she/her
(i don't really care what you refer to me as though)
baby bi bi bi.

completely awesome.

used 9tailedfox

O

O

"reality is for people who lack imagination"
-hayao miyazaki

OO

O
O

OO
friggin' foxes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:43 pm

Name: gloria

one of the two prompts: Both
#1 ) glor spent her Valentines with her best friend finch ( below ) her and finch spent most of the day having fun together running and swimming, at the end of the day they both settled down and ate some sweets watched so shows and then watched the stars until they went to sleep
Attachments
finch_reference_sheet_for_tomijojo_by_finchthefonch-darjv4s.png
finch_reference_sheet_for_tomijojo_by_finchthefonch-darjv4s.png (347.98 KiB) Viewed 168 times
Last edited by Rescue2001 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:24 am

art by me! ;'D the winner may have it if they so choose! :>c

ImageImageImage

princess protection program wrote:Image Image
Image Image

❤ APHRODITE ❤

username;; trans
      name;; aphrodite
      gender;; female (she/her)
      orientation;; pansexual
      preference;; poly relationships

one of the two prompts;;
      prompt 2 wrote:How does this cherub cat feel about relationships in general? Do they prefer open relationships, or the societal norm of a closed one?

so how does she feel?;; for aphrodite, open relationships are beautiful, beautiful things. a couple is great, but a crowd? now that's more like it! to aphrodite, these kinds of relationships are everything that a relationship should strive to be—challenging traditions, built on love, trust, and most importantly, consent, and the literal definition of love. and not to mention, there's so much more love to give when you have more than one partner!

in her opinion, open relationships symbolize a fighting spirit, a ray of hope, a beacon of all that is good in this world. they show how several people have come together and love each other despite what society tells them, despite their differences, despite all odds. open relationships can take so many forms too, and they're so beautifully unique, much like snowflakes, and she loves it. she loves that people can be happy expressing themselves even when the world says, "no, that's wrong." because of this, she is always willing to push limits and boundaries of society, especially when it comes to love. love is love, and why shouldnt people be allowed to have as many partners as they so please? she sees no reason not to, as long as the relationship is healthy, moral, and consensual.

however, aphrodite values "traditional" relationships just as much as she values open relationships. she understands that not everyone is comfortable with open relationships, and that they can be very stressful for some people. she also knows that closed relationships can be just as beautiful as open ones, and she shouldnt favor one over the other except in terms of her own personal preference. she often stresses that the two forms of relationships are both amazing, wonderful, great things, and people should not be judged for how many (or how little) people they have in their relationship.

as for herself, aphrodite is very open to the idea--in fact, she prefers it, going by the few relationships she's involved herself in. she finds that the more people she can be affectionate with, the better, because who doesnt like love? besides, even the darkest clouds have their moments y'know! open relationships also feel more comfortable and safe for her, and she doesnt have to stress or worry as much when she shares the responsibility of a relationship with other people.

she's got hearts and stars in her eyes wrote:Image Image
      Image Image
      (extra) personality;; aphrodite is a wild child, and like her namesake, she really, really loves, well, love! she's got a sassy attitude and fiery passion to compliment her bleeding heart, and when she walks into a room, she holds herself like the goddess she was named after, spreading gospel about the beauty of all kinds of love and stressing the importance of being tolerant and accepting.

one of aphrodite's main traits is that she's compassionate. she's always willing to listen, to learn, and to help, and she tries her best to offer everyone a shoulder to lean on if they need it. one of her biggest dislikes is when she's unable to help someone, but she also knows she cant possibly help everyone, and sometimes, there are things not even she can help with. this doesnt mean she wont try though!

aphrodite is also a wanderer. she hates being tied down to one place, so she tends to keep her friends at a small distance, just in case she ever plans to leave. this no-strings-attached type of behavior often makes her feel lonely, but she knows she cant stay in one area too long or she starts feeling like she's being held down and everything becomes slow and tedious.

aphrodite, despite coming off as very confident, both in herself and in others, is actually afraid of a lot of things. her biggest fear is tiny, compact spaces, and that is part of the reason she hates staying in one place. she loves the freedom of making her own decisions and being able to fly as high as she chooses without feeling the weight of the buildings and people around her crushing her without even touching her.

aphrodite can also be very abrasive, and at times, almost feral in her behavior. this type of attitude is usually reserved for those who've earned her ire in some way, though she's been known to snap for seemingly no reason. however, aphrodite knows perfectly well why. while she is an incredibly patient person, she only can take so much before she starts to get annoyed, and when people keep pushing her to do something or answer when she's not ready or running particularly low that day, she's going to snap. often times, her seemingly boundless kindness and patience is not as boundless as others think, and some of those she has met take her kindness for granted. often times, aphrodite has trouble saying no when asked to do something, which doesnt help her any when she feels the stress of meeting expectations and the metaphorical pile of work she's made for herself weigh heavy on her mind. she's working on trying to be more firm and being able to tell others no, but it's.. a heavy work in progress, to say the least.

as for hobbies, aphrodite doesnt really have any. she likes doing just about everything and anything, but there's nothing she's particularly good at nor is she interested in pursuing. she mostly does things to pass the time, not to get enjoyment out of them, so she's rather apathetic to the whole concept of having a hobby.

ImageImageImage

they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups