Takai by Morgan K

Based on Click to view
Artist Morgan K [gallery]
Time spent 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Takai

Postby Morgan K » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:40 pm

I'm making this girl my first fursona. Taker of Souls has the honor of naming her Takai.

To clear up a small misconception, her ears are red with gray spots. It does look like gray with red spots though, hence the misconception. :3 I also cut out chunks of the following story so it wouldn't be too long and boring.

She's the last of an ancient race of wolves. As a cub she was cursed with immortality by a Native American witch doctor, a Shoka(show-kuh). She had been born with the seers eyes. Because of her eyes she doomed her race.

Her race, previously unnamed, is now called the Aegis due to the cape like pattern on her back. At one point the Aegis thrived. They were never peaceful but by no means were they violent. They were highly intelligent wolves and they were smart enough not to boast about it. Because of this intelligence they lived much longer and much healthier than any other beast. When the Native Americans first found them they feared them. After a while they grew used to one another and soon became partners. The wolves showed the Shoka their knowledge and the Shoka responded in kind.

Not much longer after the partnership of wolf and man Takai was born. Then her name was Lily, after the flowers in the field she was born in. Her mother knew she was different from her birth. Her fur was very different from all the others. She was born with pure white fur, save for a bit of gray on her stomach and under her ears. Her parents both had gray fur, but they were all gray with a bit of black here and there. No other wolf had white fur. That alone was odd. Not a week after her birth her eyes opened. White. They weren't the cloudy opal of the blind but snow white and very much seeing. She had always been the runt but now her parents knew there was something wrong with her. Takai's litter mates had all been born in varying shades of black and gray and none had open eyes.

After a while her mother noticed her cubs were getting sick. Except Takai. Takai was healthy and very active. More active than any month old cub should be. The older and healthier she got, the sicker her siblings got. After two months of slowly disintegrating, the other cubs began to die off. By the end of the week her six siblings were dead. Since the birth of her cubs Takai's mother's sanity slowly ebbed away. Blaming her only remaining cub's strangeness she went berserk. She snapped and snarled and growled at anyone who dared near her. Even her own mate. Her episode lasted less than a minute before she just stopped. She turned to Takai and dropped dead. By that point Takai had become significantly more noticeable. The Shoka took particular interest in her.

The cursed cub. All she and her father ever heard was the cursed cub, the death bringer. Takai was too young to understand it but it wore heavily on her father. At three years of age, her father laid down to sleep and never got up. By then she understood. And she regretted her birth. The once thriving Aegis had dwindled to a couple handfuls and relied greatly on the Shoka for protection and sustenance. The once symbiotic relationship had turned parasitic. After several long years of the Aegis' mooching they sent for a witch doctor to cure Takai of her curse, hoping it would help the wolves thrive again. A month later the witch doctor appeared. He went straight for Takai and began chanting. Not knowing what else to do, she laid there and watched him. After five minutes straight of chanting he stopped. Everything had gone quiet. Takai looked around and found herself alone with the WD. He grabbed her face, startling her, and stared into her eyes. Helpless, she stared back. After what seemed like forever, he let go and simply said "Seer's eyes" and disappeared.

The next morning she awoke in her hollow tree trunk by the river. She immediately went searching for the WD and found him as he was leaving. "What are seer's eyes?" she asked him. He said nothing and continued to walk. She followed him, patiently waiting for an answer. She followed him for miles before asking again. "What are seer's eyes? Is is a curse? Is it gone?" He finally stopped and turned to her. "It is no curse, young pup, but a gift. A tragic gift. When you are older, those eyes will show the truth in people and beast alike. You will see their true face." He quieted and just stared in her eyes. After a few seconds he spoke again. "In exchange for the truth you give up a part of your spirit. To balance out your missing spirit, your body takes it from others." Takai was confused by this. "What do you mean, takes it from others? Takes what from others?" The WD, feeling much older now, sighed and knelt in front of her. "Their spirits. And in the end, their lives. Every where you go, death will follow." Shocked, she sat down and just blinked. The WD stood up and began walking away again. This time Takai didn't follow. She turned back towards home, lost in her thoughts.

By the end of the winter season she noticed that as people died, her fur changed. Her neck, once milky white, had turned almost completely gray. The gray on her stomach had grown and melded with her gray neck. Traces of red were beginning to peek out from her tail. When the last Aegis died, she left. She wanted to find the witch doctor and find a way to stop her "gift". After searching far and wide for several years, she finally realized she would never find the WD. She settled for the nearest one instead. It wasn't hard to find him but talking to him was another matter.

After a couple days of procrastinating she decided she would finally just go up and talk to him. She explained what had happened and asked him to cure her. He simply told her no. "So your own life won't end, you end others. The only cure is to die or live eternally." Living eternally didn't sound nearly as bad as death did and she asked him if it was possible. After a few seconds of thought, he told her to leave and return after night. Takai waited anxiously all day for the night to fall. When it did, she ran to the witch doctor. He had already set up for the ceremony. "Young wolf, this is a strong curse, and a curse it is, and it cannot be undone. Are you sure you wish for this?" She quickly told him that if it stopped her friends from dying it was worth it.

The ceremony lasted all night and Takai felt no different than before. The WD assured her of her curse. "The curse is upon you, now and forever. I give you luck on your new life." She walked away and never turned back. As the years passed, she realized she had not cheated death but slowed him. She still took bits of spirit from people but it was not nearly as much as before. Centuries went by and she felt more and more alone. By then her fur had become an odd and disturbing mix of crimson, gray and white with various gray and red splatters. She stood out more than ever amongst the dark or white wolves. Occasionally she would stop and briefly live with a pack. Never for long, though, for risk of killing them as she had her own kin.
Last edited by Morgan K on Wed May 11, 2011 4:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
Slowly getting into the swing of things again.
Looking to get my WLs under control so please toss a trade anytime!
Morgan K

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Needs Named

Postby Morgan K » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:29 pm

bump
Morgan K

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pastel1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:01 am

how bout Katana
Last edited by pastel1 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
pastel1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Morgan K » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:21 am

bump
Morgan K

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Morgan K » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:18 pm

bump
Morgan K

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bagh.♥ » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:33 pm

how about Sidra means of the stars in latin
Leaving CS All pets are free
bagh.♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Galen » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:59 pm

How about Alahendra? Its just creative... I dont think it means anything though...:)
~Galen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Morgan K » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:10 pm

bump
Morgan K

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Takai

Postby Morgan K » Sun May 08, 2011 3:47 pm

Okay, so I just made a huge flipping story for Takai. I hope you love reading essays, cause this one's just as good!:D XD It's pretty bad but what do you expect from a girl who hasn't written in 4 or 5 years. XP Criticize lightly please.
Morgan K

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Takai

Postby Tяiρρ » Sun May 08, 2011 4:04 pm

She is very beautiful and has a wonderful story. So unique. <3 It reminds me of one of my own wolves, Sybil, destined to walk the earth for all eternity to make up for the sins he had committed.
!Alkatraz and Feonix are my siblings! Please don't ban us!
Used to be Tripp_Trapp

Click Me to View Information about me and other characters!
Tяiρρ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me