Based on Click to view
Artist grifforik [gallery]
Time spent 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Batch #667 - Gemini - the twins

Postby grifforik » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:52 pm

'The One who has arisen from the Underworld' and the 'Mighty King'. Both names can be understood as titles of Nergal, the major Babylonian god of plague and pestilence, who was king of the Underworld.[12]

Took this idea from the myth behind the stars and I really loved it! So this baby has two sides, his dark and light side. Hopefully you'll like both :) This is a going to be an interesting comp.

Username: hyperthymesia.
Name: Janus

Rules:
1. NO PUSHING! XD
2. Please remember to follow the limits.
3. Don't be rude or passive aggressive, if you win an RU or HM it will be taken away if you are doing this.
4. Tell me a story about their dark side and their light side. Things they've done or think or anything that relates to one side or the other.
4. Have fun ^^

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Light story: (500 words or less)
Dark story: (500 words or less)
Extra: (3 pieces of art or 600 words, can combine)

Ends:
Feb 11th

[/code]
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3356127&p=106574429#p106574429][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2745640&size=large&format=PNG&rev=1486173374[/img][/url]

[/code]
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3356127&p=106574429#p106574429][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2745645&size=large&format=png&rev=1486173532[/img][/url]
Last edited by grifforik on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

| the fallen |

Postby magpiemochi. » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:04 pm

dropping. I have too much going on ):
Last edited by magpiemochi. on Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:54 am, edited 5 times in total.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Abandoned! Batch #667 - Gemini - the twins

Postby -Shaded- » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:37 pm

Marking!
╔════════════════════════════╗
They/Them | Virgo | Artist/Animator
----
Hey, I'm -Shaded-
I enjoy lots of things like music, art,
Panic! at the disco, and voltron! *cough* plance.
If you have a good plance fanfic please Pm me lol

-----
To-do: Not die
DA - Characters - Art Shop - Art Fite
Viscets - Dork - Amarhi
ImageImageImage
Avatar By- Yugi | Center Sig pixel- me
I do own the character Romero (avatar) and Nora (siggy)

╚════════════════════════════╝
-Shaded-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angeldog513 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:21 am

Username:
angeldog513
Name:
Deuce (meaning two)
Personality:
Deuce keeps to himself, he doesn't really like anyone else. He pretends to be super tough but in reality in a fight or flight situation he'd run away. He's always seen pranking someone or getting into trouble. They say he's got a talent for being loud and annoying. Deuce often has a hard time making friends so he's often alone.
Light story:
It was tradition for light spirits to become a guardian of a creature to help guide them from the dark and help them throughout their life, Amshu was finally ready for his first job as a guardian. Amshu was assigned to be the guardian of a young Viscet named Deuce. He was determined to be the best guardian ever...except there was one problem, the dark spirits had already taken an interest in Deuce and assigned a dark spirit named Tamal to convert Decue to their side, this was gonna be a problem. (Word count: 93)
Dark story:
(500 words or less) When the dark spirits found out about the light spirits sending guardians they knew they had to counter. So they started sending out dark spirits to pretend they were guardians but in reality they were just sending them down the wrong path. Tamal was just starting to become all buddy buddy with his assignment, a young Viscet named Deuce, when a light spirit named Amshu decided to waltz in. Tamal could not let Amshu ruin this for him. (word count: 78)
Extra:
(3 pieces of art or 600 words, can combine)
Tamal
Amshu

Name meaning: Dark tree
Name meaning: Ray of light/sunshine

Personality: Tamal is everything you'd imagine in a dark spirt,
Personality:

mean, cruel, malicious, manipulative. He'd do anything

to get what he wants

res with a cet who has two spirits trapped in his body. A dark spirit named Tamal (meaning dark tree) and a light spirit named Amshu (meaning ray of light/sunshine)

res
Last edited by angeldog513 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:52 am, edited 11 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Hi there I'm angeldog513, you can call me whatever you like as long as it isn't hurtful though! Send me a PM I'm always looking for new friends or someone to chat with! Also would you please say I referred you here please and thank you!My Viscets My Deviantart
angeldog513

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:43 am

Mark
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ahirked » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:01 am

Username:
    hyperthymesia.

Name:
    Janus

Janus, otherwise spelled 'Ianus', is the name of a Roman two-faced God. He is usually depicted as having two faces considering the fact that he looks to the future, and the past, however he is also referred to as the god of new beginnings and transitions. Initially, this wasn't the name I was going to pick for this Viscet, but after having studied Othello by Shakespeare it dawned on me that a character there used that god's name - and I found it applicable to this kid.
    I feel as though this name suits this Viscet; it just seems to fit just right. I feel that the name resonates in the design of the Viscet as well - the Light Side could represent the future, new beginnings and transitions, whereas the Dark Side could symbolise the past, two-facedness and complications that have occurred. Furthermore, the design is a direct link to the God himself, as Janus (the God) has a face on both sides of his head, similar to how this Viscet has an alternating design.

Personality: (300 words)
    >>Negative aspects:
    Janus is quite manipulative, malicious, and his emotions are fairly unstable, alternating between him being overjoyed to experiencing negativity that wallows around in his soul. He is also prone to stealing - whether it be someone's attention or belonging, he doesn't care, his reasoning being that, if he needs it more than someone else, it's not stealing. In this sense, he is selfish, providing only for himself without giving a second thought to others, though his hobby consists of collecting others' rumours or secrets and spreading them around.
    He is also relatively volatile, and if criticised or insulted, will blow up instantly: attacking the offender with harsh words and insults of his own. His emotional instability can get in the way of interaction, as he often experiences loneliness and self-hatred. A common saying he uses is "If you do me an injury, I will crush you, ruin your name, and salt your fields." when insulting others, as well as cursing the very land they walk on.

>>Positive aspects:
    Janus is, however, courteous, and rather well-mannered around elders, seeking approval at every interaction he makes. One wouldn't necessarily call him an attention seeker, but it is a well-known fact that for him, status is key, thus he is always nosing his way into intellectual conversations and speaking with quite an extended supply of vocabulary. His independence and self-confidence in the way he carries himself and converses helps to secure others' positive opinions of him, specifically as he aims to never come across as a charlatan, which he's most certainly not.
    Furthermore, he is relatively honest and likes indulging in pleasurable hobbies, such as admiring the sunset or discussing literature. This tends to occur during his more light-hearted moments when he isn't preoccupied with small, negative happenings or bad news.

Light story: (498 words)
    Aside from his malicious tendencies, Janus is quite the respectful kid. His life's ambition is to solve an ancient mystery: he hopes to achieve this through performing good deeds for others.
    Initially, Janus had not always had a mean streak. One notable story from when he was a kinder soul was his random acts of kindness, which he performed on random strangers; this may have stemmed from his belief in Empanda, the goddess of openness, friendliness and generosity.
    Trudging through the thick shrubbery, Janus took a left turn and tumbled over a stick, paws flailing. A small giggle erupt from his snout as he righted himself and continued, unaware that his light side was covered in bits of grass and mud stains due to his fall, whilst his dark side remained more or less spotless, save for the few red markings decorating it like ribbons.
    Upon emerging from the wood, a small sound could be heard, getting louder the closer he approached. Careful footsteps glided over the tall grass and pebbles, only stopping when the sounds were at their peak. In the clearing sat a small, brightly coloured Viscet, roughly the same size as him. It was emitting the noises, tears clouding its eyes and threatening to pour down its cheeks, a paw quivering as it was held up by said creature. Janus squinted, discovering that the latter had hurt their paw, and jolted a little. What in the heavens was such a small kid doing here? On their own, no less?
    Without a moment's ado, Janus leaped away, searching for echinacea and thyme, finding it quickly enough due to his acute sense of smell. He'd always prided himself in having learned what plants healed which wounds and other situations, such as a stomach upset, and to put this skill to use at long last was an achievement in his book. As a precaution, he gathered the supplies in a small package - a birch leaf, tied with a long string of lemongrass - picking a few forget-me-nots to accompany it, before finally placing the offerings at the edge of the clearing, giving a small stone a nudge so that it would roll into the Viscet. Whilst the stone rolled, he hid again, content to watch his actions do their work instead of staying around to claim the work he did.
    The stone had hit the small creature, who jumped and looked around, spying the package. Its eyes melded into a storm of confusion and they picked themself up gingerly, out-stretching their uninjured paw to grasp the gifts. The flowers sniffed before being placed down, the package following soon after. Janus watched the scene unfold: the Viscet wrapping its paw and dabbing at the wound, eyes cleared of tears and expression happier, if not twinging a little when the wound would sting.
    With a flourish, Janus turned away and disappeared back into the undergrowth, content with his deed and fully prepared to deliver more to others in need.

Dark story: (500 words)
    As you already know, Janus does have his negative side. He is emotionally unstable, therefore erupting in a volatile manner on occasion. It's rumoured that he absorbed his twin when being created, hence giving him an opposing design on each side. Such rumour has also spawned the belief that he murdered his parents, hence their evident absence. Strictly speaking, this really upsets the poor kid.
    On the other hand, what he is truly bitter about, is his abandonment. You see, initially, he wasn't aware of the fact that he had just been neglected - left, with no explanation or anything at all. He especially gets defensive and angered when others bring up parents or mock his non-existent parents. This story is also when his paranoia comes in to play.
    Thundering down the hill, Janus sported a massive grin, having just cheered up another stranger that was lost and considerably upset. Trotting past a group of elder Viscets, he smiled wide, pleased that they gave him the time of day to watch him go further down the path. However, Janus' happiness, and similarly, his footsteps, stopped as whispers made their way to his ears, crude and unforgiving.
    So what of his parents?, muttered an elderly Viscet, rubbing his ears. A younger one popped up with, The poor sweetheart: I cannot imagine losing my parents at such a young age. Janus' ears perked up, curiosity selling on his shoulders. He briefly wondered who had lost their parents and where they were - maybe he could cheer them up? A third creature yawned, asking with something akin to boredom in their voice, We are talking about two-sided Janus, right? I thought his parents died when he hatched.To which another Viscet countered: Oh he didn't lose them, they abandoned him.
    Abandoned. That word festered in Janus' mind, clawing his insides like scorching acid, eating him alive; gnawing at his great and scattering his feelings. He had always thought he had lost his parents, but now to discover that the previous statement had been a lie?
    He quickly turned, intent on finding some place quite to organise himself when he was stopped by some other kids, all sporting looks of malice and... Disgust? Janus froze.
    So... How come we never see your parents, Two-Face? The leader (seemingly) demanded. Another sneered. Are they too busy or... Did you just murder them perchance? Echoes of merciless laughter filled the air, taunting Janus. As he ran away, tears slipped down his face. Then his expression dissolved into something concrete, horrendous. In that moment, something snapped. All of a sudden, Janus wished harm on others, instead of his usual love.
    He threw himself to the ground, shouting, "No one else is going to have to endure the hardships I've been through."

Extra: (245 words)
    Let's talk about Janus' quirks. When agitated, he is prone to tapping his fingers, whilst a horrid expression brews on his face. This is often applicable to when others don't speak clearly - confidence is key, and he hates it when others mutter for this particular reason. Firstly, they cannot be heard, and secondly, it's possible annoying.

Going by his nature, Janus likes learning things for its own sake. He's not a charlatan, and likes to preserve the good side of him that is often seen by others, keeping his tempers to a minimum. If he has as many skills and assets as possible, he will be more useful, and then maybe he wouldn't get abandoned again. His paranoia at being let down, and similarly, his trauma over this abandonment had really affected his relations with people, to the extent that trust and deep relationships no longer occur. Such as his now ears good-will.

Janus likes Osiria Roses because he believed that they are like him - two-faced: white on one side, and red on the other, rather similar to his own coat design. This also reminds him of the fact that some people may not be who they seem - a quote largely taken from Shakespeare's play Othello, which he admires with a passion - much like him. He likes surrounding and immersing himself in these flowers, gazing at their petals and wondering what went wrong to have his parents neglect him. Usually, he admires the colours instead.

note to self:
      words remaining -- 179
Last edited by ahirked on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ahki - they/he - black trans lives matter - free palestine
art by -ewie- of my werm, Pip
ahirked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby invincible llama » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:47 pm

username: invincible llama
Name:
light story: (500 words or less)
dark story: (500 words or less)
extra: (3 pieces of art or 600words, can combine)

probably wont be able to finish in time, is an extension available?

dont talk to me pls & than kyew <3
xxxrͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬaͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣtͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭ
rͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬaͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣtͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭxxx

Imagexrͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬaͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣtͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭ
rͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬaͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣtͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭxImage
invincible llama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grifforik » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:04 pm

Going to extend this one to the 15th! (got a couple requests sorry I didn't update ^^')
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grifforik » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:20 am

CLosed for judging
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grifforik » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:42 am

Alrighty! I'd like to give angeldog513 an HM :) I like your form, it was just a tad bit small.

And the winner is hyperthymesia.! Loved your form, the story's were interesting and you put a lot of heart into it :)

Super congrats!
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me