Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

🎁Species COMP!🎁 Closed by ~Phantom

Based on Click to view
Artist ~Phantom [gallery]
Time spent 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

🎁Species COMP!🎁 Closed

Postby ~Phantom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Okay! So I'm looking for another species, kinda to live on the same planet as my Nytrons, a dragon like creature with no wings *Normally* And well I've decided to do a competition for a new species. I'll say the prizes first then get onto boosters and likes, etc. But before that, you have three choices. One would be creating a creature using my likes, or just going crazy and hoping I'll like it or you can try and design a species off of one of the three prompts that will be below the likes/dislikes. You can even do more than one entry if you choose to do so! Another choice is to do the species that I have designed! Look below the prompts^_^
The end date is now the 25th of September, maybe earlier if I find one I love!

Prizes! Since I'm only asking for one species, there will only be one main prize, although there may be another winner if I like the species that much and they will receive the pets listed as Second.

1st.
2016 Store Pet

2008 Rare Butterfly Wolf

2017 Store Pet

2017 Store Pet

And a 2009 Rare Pony

2nd
2009 Rare Rat

2010 Uncommon Malk Horse

2017 Store Pet

2010 Uncommon Dog

2011 Uncommon PPS Dog

The end date is undetermined and I have the right to end this without a winner! It will most likely end when I find a species that I adore!

Necessary:
Everything must be layered, lines and colouring in parts on different layers please
A neatly lined unique animal

Boosters:
Nursery lines
Colour pallet
Items
Anything I like

Anti-Boosters
Messy lines
Not different layers
Not having everything that is necessary
Copying another species

Now what do I like you ask?
Although please do not try to mix everything on this list together
Dragons
Wolves
Birds of Prey
Big felines
Foxes
Hybrids
Multiple tails
Horns/Antlers
Scales
Wings
Orbs? Powers
Claws
Feathers
Dislikes
Horses, unless like demon horse
Cute fluffy looking animals
(except maybe for the nursery lines)
Dogs
Monkeys
Really small animals
Plain creatures
Unoriginal species
Humanoid species

Now onto the prompts if you are going to use them, please also just state if you are using the prompt and which one, they are ordered into which ones I'd prefer to have, 1 being the one I would like the most and 3 being the one I want the least ^_^ You could possibly even take bits and pieces from each prompt to mix things up, may or may not like that.

Prompt 1 wrote:These creatures are very mysterious, no one quite knows how they get their powers or why it is shown by being in an orb but people do know that these creatures are very fierce and could rip anything in half if anything ventures near its orb. Their long necks help when trying to hide, as they can pop out of nowhere, one of their main weapons being the element of surprise. Along with that these creatures have a way of fending off predators, which in turn is also use to attract a mate.

Prompt 2 wrote:Although this species is not very known they are commonly mistaken for a feline, since their body and the way they hold themselves is very feline-like but the similarities stop there. They have a very strange way of communication, instead of hisses and little swipes this species will roar and use their size and looks to intimidate and communicate. Yet these creatures have something that once seen prevents anyone from thinking that they are felines, they have a strange set of horns or spikes that travel down their back like a mane down to their tail.

Prompt 3 wrote:They are creatures that are normally big and muscular, they have a range of different horns that are sometimes used for battles but mostly they are purely decorative. Each type of horn represent the skill that they excel in; stealth, power, intellect, speed, stamina and energy. Along with the horns each and everyone of them would have a gem that they hoard, it keeps them alive and without it they die. It comes in different forms, a necklace around their neck or tail, it may be embedded into their forehead or side and sometimes it is even at the very end of their tails.

Third Choice!

So the general idea of this creature is it is very serpent like in the way of its body figure, not including the legs and other additions.
Here is a rough sketch
I'd prefer a longer neck, body and tail, possibly a tail that curls around?
A bit more muscular for the body too.
And some frills that are different lineart around the neck.
Last edited by ~Phantom on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 13 times in total.
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Image Image Imagex
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 🎁Create me a species! Possible List Prize!🎁

Postby FireBird1787 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:08 pm

MARK!
Hi, I'm Bird! My pronouns are she/her.
FireBird1787

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 🎁Create me a species! Possible List Prize!🎁

Postby ~Phantom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:52 pm

bump
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Image Image Imagex
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 🎁Possible List Prize! Species COMP!🎁

Postby ~Phantom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:45 pm

Bump
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Image Image Imagex
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:09 pm

bump
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Image Image Imagex
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:45 pm

bump
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Image Image Imagex
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:43 pm

bump
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Image Image Imagex
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:52 pm

bump
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Image Image Imagex
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:12 am

Bump
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Image Image Imagex
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Bump
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Image Image Imagex
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me