Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Draw my Species! // Bawobats // closed by Raptocidic

Based on Click to view
Artist Raptocidic [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Draw my Species! // Bawobats // closed

Postby Raptocidic » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:02 am

Closed

Hi there! I want v2 lines for my species Bawobats, as I feel that they're not getting the attention they may deserve, but there's only so much I can do on my own and I want the new lines to be an improvement from the old ones, so I'm going to get you guys to draw them!

Firstly, if you don't win, you cannot keep your entries. Bawobats is my species and I don't want almost identical clones of them.

End date is midnight, February 1st GMT
May extend if there's a lack of accurate entries
ended
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules:
Make a cover for your entry.
Read everything below. It will help you.
Entries have to be drawn using the Oekaki.
You can't keep your entry if you don't win.
Please add me to your cover page so I can poke around.
Have all of the different lines on the same drawing. One of the reasons for this whole thing is that I want all of the different types of bawobat on one Oekaki drawing.
Use layers

Rules may change if I see anything I need to add/take away

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I want you to do:
Currently, there are 3 different types of bawobat:
Standard Bawobats (About the size of a wolf)
Dwarf Bawobats (The size of a domestic cat)
Subterranean Bawobats (These only appear in october)

I want different lines for all of them, pps/baby lines as well as one new type of bawobat.
I have a rough idea of what I want, but it's very vague and open for lots of creativity. (Descriptions found below)

I'm looking for accurate lines, with color and optional shading on a separate layer. I also want a face ref, with the mouth open to show their tongue and fangs. Please keep in mind the rarities, and have separate layers for wings, arm-wings and fangs.

I only want one set of baby lines, with two layers, one for the lines and the other for color. You don't have to worry about the different types of Bawobat, they all look very similar as cubs. They must be standing or sleeping to a side. I want to be able to have up to 6 in a litter, so keep that in mind with the size of them.

Current lines:
Standard Bawobats look like this
(The bawobat there is the mascot, Nova)
(Uncommon) Horns -standard bawobat

Dwarf Bawobats look like this
(amazing lines by Box.)

Subterranean Bawobats look like this
Rarities for Subterranean Bawobats:
(Uncommon) Extra eye:

(Rare) Extra eye:

(Rare) Alt tail
(Uncommon) Horns -subterranean bawobat

(Both) Here

(Uncommon) Large fangs

Btw, on the current Subterranean lines, it is impossible to have uncommon horns and rare eyes, but i'd like it to be possible in the new lines.

New bawobat:
I'm looking for a bawobat with eyes the same as standard and dwarf, a reptilian or a lion-like tail (i want the option of both), dragon-like wings and slightly pointier ears. Must also have a mane, fangs and a body structure similar to the existing bawobats, but otherwise the rest is completely up to you.

Ok, so here's information and stuff about them:
What are Bawobats?
Despite their name, Bawobats are not bats, but their own entire species. All bawobats have a mane and most have wings, however a small few have been seen without wings. They have two sets of eyes, one inside the other set (this is the second color in the eyes). Whilst the larger eyes can't move, the smaller set of eyes in them can move around. This allows them to look in two directions at once. Bawobats have excellent hearing, due to their large ears. The back legs on a bawobat are shorter than their front legs, so bawobats often use their wings like an extra set of feet to support themselves.

Bawobat Rarities
Recently, I've been observing how common different traits are in Bawobats and have come up with a somewhat accurate guide to Bawobat rarities. Firstly, there are two main types of Bawobat; Standard and Common. I will explain the traits I've observed for both types.

Things to take note of
Standard bawobats are about the size of an adult wolf, whilst dwarf bawobats are the size of a domestic cat. All bawobats have a mane and at least two sets of eyes. Blindness can occur in Bawobats, if a main eye becomes damaged the pupil of the secondary eye will no longer be visible, though it's still there, and the whole eye will become useless. If only the secondary eye becomes damaged, then the main eye can still be used. For a Bawobat to become completely blind both main eyes must be damaged at some point in time. However, this is rare, as Bawobats will often move their secondary eye in the way, so only it gets damaged, and not their main eye/s. A blind secondary eye will always turn the same color as the 'whites' in the bawobats eyes.

Common Traits
Standard Bawobats
Two sets of eyes, one larger main set that doesn't move and one smaller set withing the first eye that can move freely
Soft, fluffy, yet somewhat spiky tail
Wings that double as usable arms, two claws on each
Shorter back legs, wings are oten used to stable the unbalance
Large ears with a soft, fur covered inside (ear canal)
Large, soft mane
Paws, with a single paw-pad on each paw, including wings

Dwarf Bawobats
Two sets of eyes, one larger main set that doesn't move and one smaller set withing the first eye that can move freely
Soft, wolf-like tail
Wings with two claws, but can't be used as arms
All legs are the same length
Large ears, inside (ear canal) doesn't have fur, just skin
Soft, yet more spiky mane
Paws, with a main paw-pad and 4 smaller pads on each paw, similar to a dog
Wings only have one paw-pad

Uncommon Traits
Standard Bawobats
Two horns, one between the ears, and one closer to the nose
No fangs, or only one fang
Slightly altered shape to the mane
Fluffy, more wolf-like tail
Blindness in a main eye, or secondary eye

Dwarf Bawobats
No fangs, or only one fang
Blindness in a main eye, or secondary eye

Rare Traits
Standard Bawobats
Blindness in all eyes
No wing altogether, or just an 'arm'
Three sets of eyes (I've found the third set is either like the secondary set, or two eyes beneath the main set of eyes)

Dwarf Bawobats
Blindness in all eyes
Three set of eyes (In dwarf bawobats, this is always somewhere outside the main eyes)

This is Nova, the Bawobat mascot
Ok, on to prizes!

First place:
Becomes an artist
10 C$
All pets in here
Includes:

Second place:
Becomes an artist
5 C$

Third place:
Becomes a guest artist (makes up to 5 bawobats) [Can later apply for artist if they want]
1 C$

Whilst I will use the winner's lines, I may also make a few using the second and third place for variation/ use in a different version, idk
Last edited by Raptocidic on Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:41 am, edited 10 times in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Draw my Species! // Bawobats //

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:41 am

marking, may enter
---