Based on Click to view
Artist King of Crows [gallery]
Time spent 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Redline for Shadybro

Postby King of Crows » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:05 am

Sight hounds are my favorite -gross sobbing-

OK, ShadyBro, you're a really fantastic artist and I admire your work a lot, so there is not a whole lot that I can actually advise you on, but here are some things I noticed! I hope it helps a bit <3 ((Personal side note, if I am drawing sight hounds I always love drawing them in motion to show off those graceful long legs and lean build!))

Notes:
    Low set ears
      Salukis have fairly low-set ears that hand down a long because that fur is pretty heavy on the floppy cartilage.
    Flat-line on back
      Starting at the shoulders and ending near the edge of the ribs the back is fairly flat.
    Sloped lower back
      After the ribs the back arches slightly and curves downwards very smoothly. This adds to the very elegant look of a saluki.
    Tail carriage
      Like most sighthounds, salukis tend to carry their tail in a semi-tucked position, down between the legs. This changes when they are walking out, but when standing it is typically down.
    Body is a tube
      This goes for pretty much any animal. The body is like a cylinder, where the belly tucks up the spine does too. This creates a very flowing looking, smooth, and natural. You can see I sketched the shape in blue in the redline.
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Redline for Shadybro

Postby mibbiee » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:40 am

Took took time reading this