Delda - Alpha Female of the Tundra by elliott.

Based on Click to view
Artist elliott. [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

Delda - Alpha Female of the Tundra

Postby elliott. » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:20 am

This is Delda, the Alpha Female of the Tundra pack. More about the pack below!

The Tundra, a pack worthy of their name. Like their namesake, the wolves of this pack are mostly cold to outside packs. Not that much to rouges and loners, though, as they see them as maybe future pack members. The pack is ruled by two Alphas, the two wolves, Delda and Vulcan. In this pack, mostly the Alpha Female is in charge. They are both also in charge of healing injured pack members.

Each pup is marked with a peach-colored marking on their nose, a small X cutting through it. As they grow and their nose turns black, it disappears and marks them as Trainees and then Fighters or Hunters or even Gatherers.

The highest rank is Alpha. There is only two Alphas, of course, Alpha Male and Alpha Female. After those two, it's their children. Beta Male and Beta Female. If the Alpha pair do not want pups, can't have pups, or don't have pups by their death, their closest friend or 'successor' is chosen when they become a Alpha.

Betas become a Alpha when they hit the age of sixteen years. If the Beta dies before this time period, either the successor takes over if the Alpha don't have another child or the other pup is unavailable. If not, the other pup takes over.

Which pup becomes Alpha is decided by who is born first and/or is the strongest.

The next few ranks are Fighters, Hunters and Gatherers. They are equal in social ranking.

They all basically do what their name implies. Fighters fight, Hunters hunt and Gatherers gather. Of course, hunters do not hunt while a big battle is going on. For small battles, such as border fights or things like that, only Fighters are needed. If a huge battle is occuring or more Fighters are needed and not on hand, Hunters will pitch in. Two Fighters accompany Hunters on hunting patrols.

Fighters do patrols at sun rise, noon and once more at night, along with at least once or twice between. They simply do a zigzag across the territory to the border, than the other zigzag way back. Two patrols go out at the same time, one taking each half of the large territory.
Fighters are normally the bulkier and slower type of wolves, along with stronger and larger wolves. That doesn't mean thin and agile wolves can't get in there, though.

Hunters take patrols right after Fighters return. They do not have any certain track to follow, they just follow the track of the prey they hunt. They are in charge of gathering enough food to last a day or two, so they only have to go out every two days.
Hunters are usually the more agile and thin wolves, with not-as-strong teeth and claws.

And, lastly, Gatherers.
Gatherers are the weaker wolves or runts of the pack. Instead of disgracing the weaker wolves and making them have to work hard, they simply give them this rank. Gatherers are in charge of scouring the land and finding things, or even figuring out new things about the land that Fighters and Hunters don't notice when doing their job. Gatherers go out in groups of three, not counting the three Fighters that travel with them.

The other ranks are Mothers, Trainees and Pups. They explain themselves, don't they?

MORE ABOUT DELDA:

name;; delda
pack;; the tundra
rank;; alpha female
mate;; vulcan
pups;; expecting
they/he/she.
leo sun, scorpio moon, sag rising.
discord: ihrtdcoms#4444
stars.
elliott.

My pets